"Curb Your Enthusiasm" officially returning for a ninth season.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Women know.

2. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I thought I recognized her...thanks!

Katie Aselton, I believe.

3. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

Hope we haven't seen the last of Buck Dancer.

I'm really enjoying the season, is it the best Curb ever? No. Do I enjoy it every single week and wish the show would never end? yes.

The Funkhouser funeral wasn't fully realized/didn't live up to the potential in the setup. Hard to top the beloved aunt, but there are little details that still get me. Look at the "all american pitchers" kerchief in his senior pic.

Gavinyl likes this.
  4. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

"Sir, I'm an usher not a bouncer"

"He was the son I never had, although my daughter is transitioning"

Also great how the nephew got trampled by the bulls and his picture got trampled by the mourners.

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I didn't even catch the trampled connection...

klownschool and Gavinyl like this.
  6. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Each episode has been better than the one that preceded it! Using a boxing analogy, at 1st, the show seemed to suffer a little 'ring rust', but as each episode unfolds, it's feeling more and more like he's getting comfortable and shaking off the 'rust'! I laughed out loud a few times during the latest episode, never a bad sign!;)

Gavinyl, RoyalScam and Billy Infinity like this.
  7. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

Keeps getting better, laughing out loud at Lewis and he kinda bugged me before...

Billy Infinity likes this.
  8. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Larry is smirking through almost every scene!

kevywevy likes this.
  9. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I hate how 'straight' Cranston has to play the psychiatrist.
    He might only show up on the one episode, but I hope he 'blows-up' on Larry, by the end of the season!

10. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

His personal fortune has been estimated at $900 million. So, I'm going to go out on a limb and disagree with you that the new season is a "money grab." I think the guy was probably getting antsy and felt like getting the band back together. Sure, the money he makes from the show has to be an incentive, but when he's already that filthy rich, there's got to be more to it.

Curb just seems like a perfect venue for him to work out his neuroses and the thoughts that cross his mind on a daily basis. He's a creative guy, and the show is a great outlet for him. And honestly, I'd bet that it's fun for him, at least most of the time.

Exactly

11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

That’s great. Thanks for pointing that out. I missed that parallel.

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

He's done that for years and it drives me crazy. But it is a funny show. At least Larry is smart enough to surround himself with good actors who really do their thing well. Seinfeld was another guy who could never hold a straight face in his own show. Jerry has said on many occasions that he was the worst actor in his own show.

stereoptic, eddiel and Gavinyl like this.
  13. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

What’s funny is I think Jerry’s acting actually got worse as the show went on. Especially later he looks like he's watching the show with everybody else. Love Seinfeld.

14. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I’m pretty sure Larry was laughing for real at Leon’s line about his junk hanging in the toilet.

klownschool, Gavinyl, RK2249 and 2 others like this.
  15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Some of the laughs are real when it's an ad-lib (as a lot of the dialogue is), and the other actors aren't expecting it.

chacha likes this.
  16. Electric

Just watched the new one "Thank you for your service". Hilarious and back to form, IMO.

Gavinyl, DHamilton and Deesky like this.
  17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I loved that bit too. Overall, I thought it was a very good, funny episode. The only thing that didn't work for me at all was the final act with the war reenactment - it fell totally flat.

Gavinyl likes this.
  18. mds

mds Forum Resident

Being primarily an Ad Lib show with just a plot idea and a few lines that must be said it takes a few episodes for the cast to fall into the full swing with each other. Larry also drops tidbits along the way in each episode that hints at the seasons theme. The fun is seeing how these ideas are all pulled together and wrapped up in the season's conclusion.

Gavinyl likes this.
  19. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

"She looks a little Asian".

Gavinyl, vince and Electric like this.
  20. Electric

AFAIC, another winner episode last night. Not sure about the ending though. Who was that guy in the car wash?

21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

The dirty car graffiti artist?

I liked it too. The accidental text on purpose bit was pretty funny and the water quality thing also had legs. Good ep.

22. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Last show makes up for last week's episode

Gavinyl likes this.
  23. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Latest ep was fantastic.

Is concierge pants service a real thing? How weird.

Gavinyl likes this.
  24. C4rl

C4rl Forum Resident

"I hate your water, it tastes like I put a straw up a frogs ass" :D :biglaugh:

25. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I didn't like the ending of the most recent episode...the last scene of "Thank you for your service" was hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.