Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Thanks for at least mentioning something about what the link does. Most interesting. I still am a little fuzzy on what it does...??? Any other time that I've clicked on a link for either US or UK Amazon, it has always gone to the right place. Why do you think all of the sudden this time it wouldn't...?

2. latheofheaven

I'm not rich by any means, but even though I've never even HEARD the bloody thing, I put in another order that came out to $20 shipped to the US, but I am keeping my first order for $27. Sounds like it is worth it to double the chances that they might ship ONE of them :) Also, with prices in the US at $123, it seems prudent to have another sealed copy just in case... Normally, I cannot do stuff like that, but at these prices...

seaisletim likes this.
  3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/broken-amazon-links.617985/

latheofheaven likes this.
  4. latheofheaven

5. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

I've ordered another one but kept the original order, if they both turn up I may send one back or keep as a spare, should get my money back offloading it in a few months

Could be a ploy from Amazon to get people to cancel there £20 orders and reorder the £13 then turn around and cancel all the £13 orders saying it was a price error or is that just me being cynical :shh:

6. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

We do not bite. Two orders all of us!

7. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Destroyer - Kaputt £6.13

(Item sleeve pictures show four sides 2LP but description only says 1LP)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...g_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H8DNPQNFSMW60P8YF2BN

[​IMG] Review
    Constant line-up changes and frequent diversions in musical direction means Destroyer are shamefully more of a cult attraction than a household name. But that might be about to change. This seamless collection of songs is gaining increasing numbers of admirers, and reached a respectable chart position of 62 on the Billboard chart when it was released stateside in January. It now lands in the UK courtesy of Dead Oceans.

Destroyer is effectively Dan Bejar from Vancouver, who since 1995 has steadily garnered fans of indie rock/shoegazing grooves. Pavement have been a previous touchstone, while his last album, 2008’s Trouble in Dreams, mined glam rock; but this time he appears to have written an album of love letters to the 80s pop of Scritti Politti and Roxy Music. It’s effectively the sound of a man so tired of waiting for a follow up to Roxy’s Avalon that he’s written it himself.

Bejar claims his hitherto inconsistent line-up is now settled, and it rings true. Blue Eyes is typical of the album’s whimsical pop, recalling The Field Mice, The Blue Nile and Saint Etienne. It draws a line in the sand early on, with the line "Your first love’s New Order"; fans of whom will also grin at the bassline of Savage Night at the Opera, coming across like a Low-Life outtake.

Expecting people to listen to a song called Suicide Demo for Kara Walker is brave enough, but making it eight minutes of lush harmonies, guitar licks and reverb is visionary. The title-track may sound similarly dreamy, but Bejar has had enough of "Chasing some girls… chasing cocaine through the backrooms of the world all night", leading to a wonderful sign-off: "Sounds, Smash Hits, Melody Maker, NME / All sound like a dream to me."

There is no shortage of hooks and sweet female harmonies, but this album is as much as about atmosphere as hit singles, as the strident guitar line of the conversational Song for America proves. Few tracks clock in below five minutes, while the closer, Bay of Pigs, a come-down hymn which makes a case that the second summer of love never ended, registers in at many more, yet wastes not a second. Despite this, at only nine tracks you’re left wanting more, and with the sense of being privy to an album too many people will miss. Kaputt is a genuine classic, unlike anything any other artist will release in 2011.

--Tom Hocknell

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  8. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

9. latheofheaven

Heh... not paranoid or anything, do you think...? :)

smartiepants likes this.
  10. latheofheaven

11. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

I am starting to wonder if these are the cds or a European bootleg of the original issue- makes no sense to be so cheap!

12. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

It doesn't look like it; if you change the .co.uk to .com in the original link it takes you to the US page. In the unlikely event that it is, you can write to amazon and explain that it is counterfeit product and they should reimburse you all your costs; if you are really lucky they will let you keep the product.

Jgirar01 likes this.
  13. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Yowza...just saw this and had to bite at less than $25 CDN shipped! Fingers crossed that it ships, but no harm if it doesn't. :)

14. See it has now jumped up to 103 pounds. I got greedy and ordered two copies, as long as one goes through I'll be happy.

15. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature Thread Starter

No update on the Dead, but when the first deal was posted I also ordered Pink Floyd Saucerful @ £8. Just got notice that Saucerful is shipping, but nothing on the Two From The Vault set, but it is expected by Nov. 10. I don't think I will have it by then unless it ships like tomorrow.

16. latheofheaven

Heh, this is indeed becoming a bona fide DRAMA now! Almost a THRILLER, really...[​IMG]

17. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

IIRC, the DEAD deal was subject to the customer being a PRIME member. Is this correct?

18. imarcq

No. I ordered it and I'm not. :)

RiRiIII likes this.
  19. smartiepants

black sheriff and RiRiIII like this.
  20. smartiepants

21. imarcq

This is £5.40 now! :)

22. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Cheers, just been listening on youtube, first time i've heard of this act and sounds great. 2to4 weeks wait but mp3 available now. Great deal for double vinyl.

imarcq likes this.
  23. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

imarcq likes this.
  24. imarcq

Let's hope it ships and is the 2LP. But for a fiver it would seem well worth a shot. :)

25. imarcq