T. Rex - Electric Warrior - Kevin Gray AAA Vinyl Reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GentleSenator, Oct 26, 2017.

1. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

That was part of the Rocktober series last year, I think. Don’t have all the tech in front of me, but I remember it sounding quite good.

Terry likes this.
  2. Agree with you there!

Echo likes this.
  3. dachada

dachada Senior Member

Sorry about the confusion here, but my descriptions "Vinyl pressing is marvelous. like the 80s Japan Kitaro pressed by the same label Canyon Pony. Gatefold cover in heavy cardboard is also excellent with replica of the original Obi and record labels. Sound I do not have an original Lp but I think sound very good , just a little too much bass" was about the Happy End lp 2017 reissue

4. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Yes.

5. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Ya, I think you scared a few people. :laugh:

6. dachada

dachada Senior Member

Yes I'm very sorry. This new T Rex EW release is very good. By the way I visited many B&N and records stores for last 3 weeks and I have found only one copy on one B&N store . I think is not bad idea to get the lp now before get more difficult to find

7. I visited 5 or 6 stores in two states last week and only found one copy in one of the stores. I bought it.:)

8. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

Just got my copy from Bill Moose (very quick shipping by the way). May be the best 25 bucks I spent this year. Top notch reissue from top to bottom. Recommended if you’re looking for this record and want a nice sounding copy with all the bells and whistles (tip on cover, solid remaster, etc.)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  9. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

Picked it up at a mom and pop the other day... about to put it on

10. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

I own an original US and the new reissue. I'll compare and look for a Thread for that release before commenting here.

porotikos and Neonbeam like this.
  11. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

12. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

We already did. This Kevin Gray AAA LP version wins! :D

Clonesteak likes this.
  13. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

that is great. id be grateful for a comparison of this album aaa cut and original pressing as well. cheers

14. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Whilst the original Reprise US and the new Kevin cut are being compared, has anyone ever compared the original Reprise US and the UK FLY? Because I kind of suspect that the UK must be the true index for how this album should sound. I wonder which pressing Kevin Gray used as a reference when re-cutting it?

porotikos and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  15. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

The UK has more mid range clarity than the US on my system.

16. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Thank you! Ordered. Not familiar with T. Rex's catalogue at all but if it's Kevin gray I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

17. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Man, you make me wish Kevin cut some Chris de Burgh next:evil:

Echo and mr.datsun like this.
  18. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

I could never buy an LP by a band I did not know just for the cutting-engineer's involvement.

e.s., Adam6437, AaronW and 1 other person like this.
  19. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

If you are in Europe, picking up a copy on discogs works.

20. skisdlimit

skisdlimit Forum Resident

Ah, but I did almost exactly that with this purchase (knowing only "Get It On" previously), and am very glad I took the ~$20 plunge. In fact, the only "problem" with this new release of Electric Warrior is that it makes most of my other LPs sound like cr@p by comparison. :laugh:
    It's that good! :edthumbs:

21. Ludger

Ludger ISthisALLreal, ISthisALLnecessary, ORisTHISaJOKE?

That's right, but it's $ 20 to 28 for the vinyl plus $ 20 to 25 for shipping plus customs (ca. $ 8 to 10) which would add up to at least $ 48.
    Thanks but no option for me :cry:

22. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I find it much more strange that someone who is into rock music for a seemingly long time isn't familiar with Bolan's output. We're talking about T. Rex here and not some unestablished no-name act.

mooseman, Groggy, superstar19 and 3 others like this.
  23. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

I only knew Jeepster and Get It On, but took the plunge because of KG's involvement. Glad I did, I'm enjoying it. I do find side one to be stronger, because I hear some reused ideas on side two. Sounds spectacular though. Should I try Slider next?

Groggy and recstar24 like this.
  24. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Slider is my favorite and appeared on my favorite albums of all time list so a resounding yes from me.

25. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

Slider is great too. Let electric warrior soak in for a bit. EW is more interesting than slider, imho.

3Dman, AaronW, SirMarc and 1 other person like this.