David Crosby "Sky Trails"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Musician95616, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Also at the show. Iirc his first comments were that while he usually wondered where he was- this time he didn’t. Chose him over Dylan in Columbus. I’ll never know if I made the right call but I loved the show.

The MEZ likes this.
  2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

you made the right choice, crosby's voice vs. dylan's voice....no contest.

i see you are from columbus, that's a pretty good drive.

did you stay in the area or make the trek home after the show?

we had dinner right down the street and 3 of the band members were sitting near us, the manager said lots of bands eat there before shows at the kent stage.

it was my first time there, what a nice venue...could use some new seats and maybe some ceiling fans of vent fans, it was almost uncomfortably hot in there.

The MEZ likes this.
  3. reddyempower

Drove back in the rain had to work early this morning. The venue used to be a movie theatre and is a great place to see a show. The zombies will be there next year! There was a ticket snafu with seatgeek which the venue worked out- this wouldn’t have happened at an arena!

raphph likes this.
  4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

but i can't even imagine that wonderful intimate show in an arena setting.

my tix came through ticketfly, did you get yours second hand?

5. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

I wanted to see him in Ohio but scheduling meant I saw Buckingham McVie there instead and Croz in Indianapolis...

It really is a treat - he is on such good form - this isn't a guy fading away towards death

Chrome_Head and budwhite like this.
  6. reddyempower

Bought tix thru Seatgeek, printed em up, when I went to show, they showed up as already scanned. The ticket taker told me to go to the box office next door (as opposed to sorry cant let you in) and the lady at the box office said I was good and walked in herself! I suspected it wasn't over however. 20 mins later another couple came to where I was sitting and the usher decided we both had been sold the same seats! They accommodated everyone and we all had a great time.

I'm still collecting my thoughts as to how this happened with seat geek and what it means, but I give lots of credit to the venue for understanding and making sure we all got to see the show.

Bill Mac likes this.
  7. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Going to se David on 11/15 at the Tupelo Hall in Derry, NH. It's a great venue and I'm really looking forward to the show. I just looked at the set lists and was amazed at the number of shows he's playing!

signothetimes53 and Hep Alien like this.
  8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the same thing happened to me at an indians game a couple of summers ago....i think it was vivid seats. the usher said my tix had already been used. it took some time, we got in, but not in the seats i paid for.

9. Craig Williams

Craig Williams Forum Resident

Crosby better get his reinvigorated ass over to the UK for a tour!

10. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

My great fear in using aftermarket services like these. I avoid them like the plague. My buddy used StubHub for McCartney last month, and though we got in fine I was waiting for someone to show up with the same damn tix.

11. reddyempower

Yes, I am done with such services. As I mentioned earlier, this would not have gone well had I been seeing the Stones at a stadium or something. I would just have been denied entry by someone who didn't care that I had legitimately paid.

12. raphph

A few more shots (still sorting through)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

That's interesting, Pevar and Raymond have swapped sides since I saw them in San Francisco!

14. Joefarrell

Joefarrell Forum Resident

Sat the show in Indiana - yes - stunning harmonies, impeccable band and David's voice nothing short of incredible. Love the jazz structures in many of the Sky Trails compositions. So thankful to have made trek from Cincinnati - worth every mile on the road.

15. raphph

I drive from Cleveland that morning and had to drive to Fort Wayne after the show! Got there at 3am in thick fog. Then suddenly the clocks changed which confused me as I had no idea!

16. raphph

Sci-Flyer, Humbuster, zobalob and 4 others like this.
  17. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

The MEZ and raphph like this.
  18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

raphph likes this.
  19. raphph

Croz just used a pic of mine on his Instagram - shame as I had lots of better shots I could have given him !

budwhite and carlwm like this.
  20. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

Saw Croz last night. I was easily one of, if not THE, youngest person there at age 40, which isn't even young :) And let me tell you, baby boomers are quickly becoming unbearable about these sorts of shows. Not all boomers do this, but good lord, stop screaming out song titles. It's like, there is a setlist for a reason and these dudes don't really deviate from it, especially mid-set, so loosen up your braided belt a notch and enjoy the relaxed fit jean vibe that is happening.

As for the actual show, David looked to be in good shape physically and the dude still has his pipes working at the top of their game.

21. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Saw David last night and it was an excellent show. When the show started he apologized for having a little trouble with his voice but I thought he sounded great. An excellent band that were really tight and the sound was great in the second row. Very glad I went :)!

The MEZ and budwhite like this.
  22. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Looking forward to seeing Croz tues. He is selling well as there are no more than 10 tix left for a show on a Tues in the burbs. Always love seeing the Croz.

Bill Mac likes this.
  23. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

Saw last night's albany show. Once again he apologized for his voice and although it wasn't 100 % it was a very good show. I like the current band a lot. Last time we saw him was a couple of years ago at the same venue but that was solo. Worth seeing for sure.

Bill Mac, Matthew Tate and budwhite like this.
  24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

that s**t happens at every show i go to anymore (yes i am old) and i absolutely hate it.

some ***** kept yelling "royal scam" at a steely dan show last month, seriously after every single song....fagen finally said to the guy "we are not ****ing playing "royal scam" tonight, so shut the **** up".

it was great! and yes, he shut the **** up after that.

The MEZ, Scopitone, RoyalScam and 4 others like this.
  25. chrisblower

chrisblower Norfolk n'good

Came across these short videos on YT of Croz explaining the songs on Sky Trails in detail - a good watch. There are 10 in total, they should just follow on at the end of the current one ...did for me last night anyway

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    The MEZ and Hep Alien like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.