The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

LOL!

2. beat_truck

beat_truck Forum Resident

Daryl didn't even exist in the comics. And at this point they can't kill him off because if they did his fanboys and girls would stop watching and cause ratings to drop even more.

Michael likes this.
  3. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Nope, prioritizing. We are currently 4 episodes into Stranger Things 2 and damned if I'm gonna waste any more time on TWD unless it significantly improves.

4. No. He has this. Dylan Jesus box[​IMG]

Kyhl, Unluckystrike and notesofachord like this.
  5. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

So you are going to post asking anonymous people to make a decision for you, rather than press play and see what happens?

Ethan B likes this.
  6. Michael

exactly...ratings, money that's what it's all about.

7. Michael

I don't think anything can be done...It's too late in the game, but then again in a show where the dead don't die...hmmm.

8. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Just asking for opinions, that's all.

Michael likes this.
  9. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Opinion: Stick with Stranger Things.

Veech likes this.
  10. Michael

and so you should...: )

Veech likes this.
  11. Higlander

Higlander Well-Known Member

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I think we have seen a "Jump the shark" moment, when they failed to Kill Negan.
    We feel embarrassed/upset/confrontational to admit that a show we thought was above doing that, just did.
    Hence the huge outpour of various emotions, and calls to "Quit watching"

Kyhl, Michael and Veech like this.
  12. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Hilarious! :D

13. Michael

perhaps, but I'm waiting for Rick's revenge...should be sweet...brain bustin'

14. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

For those still watching i think episode 3 was a terrific episode. Plenty of tension and a bit of a cliffhanger ending.

Ethan B likes this.
  15. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

The Gregory scene.....it failed as comedy and failed as serious. What was that other than just awful acting?

16. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

This show is seriously the worst thing ever created (other than the band Kraftwerk). Bad hair, bad acting, bad writing, and I mean, what's with the zombies?

Sorry... just trying to fit in and hate on something like so many others here do.

Ethan B likes this.
  17. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Another blah (at best) episode. The problem with doing "it's not quite as bad as last week's episode" type of episodes is that when "last week's" keeps getting worse, it's still a downward trending line.

I'm convinced the writers have no idea at this stage what to do with Carol. She's just running around with that weird look on her face.

Morgan's flip-flopping is tedious and boring. If I have to keep watching him "act" by talking to other actors but *not* looking at them (not sure where this tick comes from), I'll continue to grow annoyed. Never though I'd be fine with Morgan just getting killed off, if they can't bother to do anything interesting with his character.

The "to kill or not to kill" question has been done a million times on this show already. It's still an interesting ethical/moral question, but they never do anything new with it on this show. It's just two characters mumbling at each other, arguing about whether they should kill everyone or spare lives.

All the Jesus/Morgan debate does is make them look completely incompetent and ill-prepared. They should have broad questions like that answered *before* they set out on a mission that will involve undoubtedly killing people.

The big Ezekiel line where he almost literally blurts out in an open field "Nobody died! We're safe! Nothing bad will ever happen to us!" was painfully telegraphed. You knew in moments they were going to get mowed down.

The Morales thing was a big waste. They burned all that time with his speech only to kill him off. "We're not the people we used to be." Really? After eight seasons we're still going over *that?*

Daryl as a character and Norman Reedus as an actor seem beyond bored.

Are Negan, Carl, Michonne, Rosita, Gabriel, etc. still on the show? Is AMC really that cheap?

mattdm11, Scotian, beat_truck and 2 others like this.
  18. beat_truck

That's not funny or cute anymore after the third or fourth time.:crazy:

19. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

It wasn't meant to be. I really don't like Kraftwerk.

Ethan B likes this.
  20. beat_truck

I don't like nonsense posts that add NOTHING to the conversation.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Kyhl likes this.
  21. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em! Thread Starter

I actually enjoyed this episode better than the previous one, but it is still dragging this whole storyline out beyond reason.

And it would be nice to find out what happened with Negan & Gabriel in the trailer. And Gabriel's sh*ttin' pants. It's taking too long to revisit.

22. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

At this point, they might as well recast Nicolas Cage as Rick.

23. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

yawn.

24. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

He has to finish out "House of Cards" as the replacement F.U. first.

25. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

The show is so far so good- an improvement over last season. I’m getting tired of the promo repeats, esp. Maggie’s “the world is arze” declarations. If I could pick one major character to go it would be her (sorry, Glenn Jr.).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.