Collector's Choice % Off sales*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dirtymac, Oct 11, 2014.

1. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

RAIN199 gets $1.99 shipping on orders of $50+. Expires Aug. 31.

candyflip69, Dan and azjvm05 like this.
  2. Ron Jones

Ron Jones Happiness is a Warm Gun

Anyone got a new code? My addiction is yearning.

thatguy1976 likes this.
  3. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

Same here. I'm ready to place an order for 7 titles. How was your experience with them? I'm quickly growing weary of buying vinyl online because it is hit and miss how the packaging is.

4. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

I ordered a lot of stuff from them last month, and was quite happy with the packaging. I did have to sign for it, but that could have been because I had a large order.

suomynona likes this.
  5. bamboozlednow

bamboozlednow Well-Known Member

you need to order at least 4 records at a time from them, maybe 3 if 1 or more of the records is a double LP. otherwise they ship your order in one of those thin corrugated cardboard wrap things. These things: Corrugated Paper: Best Protective Packaging Material i find those things hit or miss. they'll sandwich the record in between 1 piece of cardboard that is folded over, and seal the open end with a sticker, but then place that inside the corrugated cardboard wrapping.

if you place a big order with them they will usually ship in an actual box, with the records placed into another box type thing inside, with air bags or craft paper for padding. basically they ship larger orders in an LP mailer, only it's made of extremely thin cardboard (like what a 12 pack of soda comes in) and place that into a larger box with extra padding to prevent the contents from jostling around during transit.

another important note is that unless you want that hit or miss corrugated cardboard wrapped package, don't order pre-order items with other in stock items, as they will split your order to ship what is in stock. so the pre-order item(s) will ship individually, in that corrugated cardboard stuff, as they become available. and that may parse down your entire order to have the in stock items ship in that hit or miss wonky packaging too.

suomynona and tingly like this.
  6. Dusty Ol'Rekkids

Dusty Ol'Rekkids Forum Resident

Yeah, I got 20 things in the cart that I won't pull the trigger on until a code pops up. One of them is the 3rd installment in the Bowie LP boxes.

azjvm05 likes this.
  7. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

I had seven. But with Elusive Disc, Music Direct, Soundstage Direct, Acoustic Sounds, and even Barnes & Noble rotating in 20% off coupons -- it will eventually drop that number to zero.

8. Citroen

Citroen vinylholic

Last two orders were posted differently than usual.

3 doubles & 1 single lp were sent via International courier (4 days) in the corrugated paper. Yet 2 doubles & 5 lps were sent standard post (3 weeks) in box and mailer.

Usually anything in the corrugated paper is sent standard international post (and usually only for individual albums), while larger orders are sent by international courier in a box.

candyflip69 likes this.
  9. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

20% off $50 or more with ISLEY code.

....... and yes, yer all welcome! :righton:

10. rynopinn

rynopinn Forum Resident

Thanks

11. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

It's not exactly 20% off because unlike other sites, Collector's Choice still charges for shipping no matter how much you spend. With that said, thank you vinylbuff. I grabbed 10 items that were priced higher on Music Direct, Elusive Disc, Soundstage Direct and Acoustic Sounds.

12. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

That's the downfall with Collectors Choice music. I end up paying shipping AND sales tax so it eats a chunk of the discount, but, if you are buying 6, 8, 10 or more at a time you are coming out ahead in the end.
    And, it's nice because most of their pricing is already 15-20% below list price.

suomynona and azjvm05 like this.
  13. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

Exactly. I almost mentioned that prior to you providing the coupon. All of the titles I purchased were exactly 17% off. Here's hoping they all ship together. (Better chance of not arriving dented/damaged.)

14. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

My ten LPs arrived yesterday. All in mint condition. Unlike another online retailer where I'm constantly having to ship back due to either sending the wrong items, or sending damaged product -- or packing in boxes without protection that causes product to arrive damaged.

candyflip69 and azjvm05 like this.
  15. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

have you played them yet? I've sent quite a few warped records back to ccmusic.

16. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

17. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

Any new CCMUSIC codes available now that ISLEY has expired? Thanks in advance!

18. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

FALL20 (exp. 10-31).

19. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

Thank you so much Misterclean!

20. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

The catalog came today for their DVD/Blu-ray side, for those concerts, video compilations, and documentaries you've had your eyes upon. Codes get pretty good starting with March.
    http://www.ccvideo.com

BB18OCT - Valid Oct. 1-31, 2017 - Free shipping on $75+ orders
    BB18NOV - Valid Nov. 1-30, 2017 - 25% off $75+ orders
    BB18DEC - Valid Dec. 1-31, 2017 - Buy 4, get a 5th free
    BB18JAN - Valid Jan. 1-31, 2018 - Free shipping on $25+ orders
    BB18FEB - Valid Feb. 1-28, 2018 - $20 off $80+ orders
    BB18MAR - Valid Mar. 1-31, 2018 - Buy 3, get a 4th free
    BB18APR - Valid Apr. 1-30, 2018 - Free shipping on all orders
    BB18MAY - Valid May 1-31, 2018 - $30 off $100+ orders
    BB18JUN - Valid June 1-30, 2018 - 25% off $25+ orders
    BB18JUL - Valid July 1-31, 2018 - Free shipping on all orders
    BB18AUG - Valid Aug. 1-31, 2018 - 30% off $99+ orders
    BB18SEP - Valid Sept. 1-30, 2018 - Buy 3, get a 4th free

21. candyflip69

candyflip69 What's good?!

And the new code for November is?.....

Hep Alien likes this.
  22. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

CCMNOV15 (15% off orders >$99), expires 11/30/17.

In Dec, buy 4 items get 5th (lowest price) free. Code: MUSIC4 (valid 12/1/17-12/31/17 only).

23. candyflip69

candyflip69 What's good?!

Thank you.
    Is this for records though?
    Their usual 20% off has been recinded then for November?
    Shame....

24. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I got their catalog in the mail a few days ago. The front page said something like: "For BIG SAVINGS, see page 2!", and after seeing your message Sunday, I dug the thing out of the trash to post the above.

That's about all I can tell you - hope it helps!

Hep Alien and candyflip69 like this.
  25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Got any...grapes...?

Hep Alien and The Elephant Man like this.