Pet shop boys reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fozl1986, Feb 7, 2015.

1. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Finally got to these tonight James, man there are some real gems on the Yes set, The Loving Kind and the demo's are great!
    For the main album Yes, I as well would fail a blind listening test. I haven't got to the Elysium main album yet. As usual the books are quite entertaining- Chris "It's funny we do extended mixes for the most obscure songs" :laugh:

Dave 81828384 and jamesc like this.
  2. c-eling

I wouldn't for the first four. Go originals...

3. friendofafriend

friendofafriend Forum Resident

Tonight I played the old cd, new cd, and old vinyl (I don't have the new vinyl yet) on my home system (earlier I was listening to the new cd on Audio-Technica ATH-M30 headphones on a Mac laptop), switching back and forth between them, and I will say that I do far prefer the new cd over the old cd. I'm not sure exactly how to explain what about the new remaster sounds better to me, but it really does. My vinyl copy also still sounds really good to me.

But as others here have mentioned, I'd say that for any fan, it would be completely worth the money to buy the new cd version just for the booklet anyway.

4. MarkusGermany

MarkusGermany WINNING

Hope they are going to announce the next batch of reissues soon...

5. friendofafriend

I spent some time listening to the new cd1 from Yes today and comparing with my original copy (from Yes, etc, though I assume the original regular cd is identical). I definitely can hear differences, and there are some sounds that stand out a little differently on the new remaster. However, unlike Elysium, where I much prefer the 2017, I would say that I am fine with the new Yes, but overall have a preference for the 2009 cd. I haven't ran or compared any numbers, just listened with headphones, but it does sound to me that perhaps the DR numbers on 2017 would be slightly lower than those for 2009, and there is nothing at all that I dislike about the original or anything particular that I like more on the new version. I have the new Yes vinyl, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

6. friendofafriend

I played my new Yes vinyl for the first time last night and really enjoyed it - I'd say it is my favorite sounding version of this album. I've really liked the sound of all four 2017 PSB vinyl albums I've purchased (Yes, Nightlife, Release & Fundamental), which is tempting me to consider also getting the new 2017 Elysium vinyl even though I already own the original vinyl release and have always been happy with it.

7. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

What's left to reissue?

8. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

The first 6 reissues (the first 6 albums) are being reissued. They have long been deleted.

c-eling likes this.
  9. c-eling

Looking forward to the album remasters for Bilingual and Very Julian. These two and Nightlife were my big issues when it came to the original mastering's.

portlandjulian and Carlox like this.
  10. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Oh, right. I forgot about that.

11. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

How come you didn't buy the 2001 editions of Bilingual and Very?

nlgbbbblth likes this.
  12. c-eling

Bilingual, I had the 2 disc Deluxe and 90% of the material via singles already compared to the Further Listening. Same with Very. For the import cost at the time I didn't find them cost effective for a few demos.
    The bargain of the century for me was the 2009 comp Story: 25 Years of Hits. It retains it's original mastering's where applicable. The 1998 Essential is an excellent comp as well :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    JeffMo, portlandjulian and jamesc like this.
  13. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Yes that Story comp looks great and retaining it's original mastering is a huge plus. I have the 1998 Essential comp and it's great as well.

c-eling likes this.
  14. portlandjulian

Thats the only place to obtain the 10 inch version of West End Girls :D

15. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I just hope they won't put out the remaining 6 editions and then release a beautiful boxset containing all the Further Listening sets plus an extra disc or something. Or a big 12" box with all the studio albums and a book of artwork.

16. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

That is exactly what I am hoping for, a beautiful box set containing everything already released plus a little something extra :D

17. mr_spenalzo

mr_spenalzo Forum Resident

That would feel like a total rip-off... no I hope they don't do that (or at least that they offer the option to somehow buy that extra disc via the website or something... after spending all this money I'll resent "having" to buy this again just for some bonus material (and a book, a box, and a badge, and a replica of the Nightlife wig)

18. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I thought plans for a "Complete" box were announced back when this latest wave of remasters was?

19. portlandjulian

It was mentioned in the last copy of Annually that it would be released and would contain everything. Since then we have all been wondering that was meant by everything, ie all the albums and further listening discs or added stuff like rare mixes and demos etc. I tend to think that this, like most things in life will differ in what we all want and what we will get, a bit like life :D

Scottb and jamesc like this.
  20. The Bish

The Bish Forum Resident

Do you know when these will be available? And has it been confirmed whether these will be new masters or reissues of the original 2001 releases?

21. Audioresearch

Audioresearch Forum Resident

Most albums are remastered plus extra stuff. I like the extra's. I do not like the remasters. They sound too loud.
    I keep My originals. They sound fine

Carlox likes this.
  22. portlandjulian

I believe that they will be new masters :)

Carlox likes this.
  23. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

New masters, identical packaging and tracklisting to the 2001 issues as far as I know.

c-eling likes this.
  24. portlandjulian

News about the third batch of Catalogue reissues is imminent according to their web site.

Facebook
    With an imminent announcement of the third batch of 'Catalogue' reissues - today would be a perfect day to sign up to the PSB mailing list (if you have not already!). Enter your details via the link below:

Rob Hughes likes this.
  25. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Bilingual, Very and Behaviour, or Please, Actually and Introspective?

Or, Disco 1, 2 and 3?