Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Small update.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Pictures make a difference. It's not the space room but it sounds wonderful.

Dave, Kyhl, shadowlord and 22 others like this.
  2. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Looks great. Can you live w/o the tube cage? I think it would look really cool w/o the cage.

Kyhl and Bananas&blow like this.
  3. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Sure. I leave it on as I have seven and a half year old twin boys. Here is a picture for you!
    [​IMG]

BigGame, Dave, Kyhl and 23 others like this.
  4. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb RĂ©sident du forum

Love the picture selection!

5. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Thanks!

Johnny Reb likes this.
  6. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

For us music fans where we sit can be important....so I was looking for (awhile) a "new" listening chair.
    I wanted something with terrific aesthetics but most importantly was "fit".
    I have a neurological illness and great support and a level of firmness was becoming more important as the illness has worsened. The good ole cushy Lazy Boy was no longer the best for my body.

Enter - a 1968 R. Huber Scoop Lounge Chair -

A classic lounge chair from the 1960s modern era designed and manufactured by R. Huber & Co. of Canada. Extremely comfortable with tons of Danish Mid-Century Modern character. Features a solid teak frame with sculpted armrests and low button tufted scoop seat.

Knocking on 50 years old and as solid as a rock!! Here it is in my listening room....just arrived today.

Super comfy!!

For larger image please click on the pic....

[​IMG]

7. Dougr33

Dougr33 Forum Resident

Very nice!

Manimal, cat9 and Johnny Reb like this.
  8. Rear B&W 700 series.

[​IMG]

BigGame, mgb70, SteelyTom and 18 others like this.
  9. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

How do you get the speaker wire all the way over to your amp? Around the room by the fireplace, or under the floor or something?

Kyhl likes this.
  10. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

The 700 series are pretty new. How do you think they perform compared to other B&Ws you have owned.

11. Out the back wall out and around the house and back in where I need it

Rickchick, Manimal, jon9091 and 2 others like this.
  12. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

You sure have great taste in furnishings, James.

Manimal and cat9 like this.
  13. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Too kind G!!!
    ...hope you and yours are well!!

action pact likes this.
  14. mrz80

mrz80 This page intentionally left blank

Had to shuffle some stuff around owing to some difficulties with my MAC-4100. Had to pull the linux HTPC out to make room for the stand-ins. For the nonce I'm running an MX-112 that was thrown to my tender mercies by my brother, and the MC-275 that used to adorn the living room when we were kids. What goes around comes around! Now if only Mouser would expedite my capacitor order... :p
    [​IMG]

BigGame, CrazyCatz, Kyhl and 24 others like this.
  15. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

Wow, so many nice systems and rooms! My humble rig is just that. I'm interested in how many systems have the gear and ... Horrors, the big flat screen in between the speakers ... I understand the A/V thing and the WAF of a good looking room. I dig a soundstage, that means nothing in the middle. My gear is low on the floor and off to the side of the stage left speaker, it still bugs me that it's there but, cables are expensive for longer runs. So, I'm stuck for now, big 'stats need air and lot's of room. Dang, my camera isn't talking to the computer again??!! I'll grab some older pics from my imgur account.

quicksilverbudie likes this.
  16. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

This is pretty much as it is now, Denon cassette, Sumo Electra Plus preamp, Acurus L-10 preamp and of course, my baby :love:, my Thorens 125MKII/SME 3009 improved/Shure IV HE Special tracking ...

[​IMG]

The big SAE goes between the speakers, short wire runs!! The above pic is what's cool about 'stat's, you can hear a cool sound off the backwall while choosing another tune.

[​IMG]

Summit's need air, no sidewall is a good sidewall ;) walk into the music... get lost, don't forget your bridge pass so you cross back over!!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    16hz lover, CrazyCatz, Kyhl and 12 others like this.
  17. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I see the album and can just imagine listening to that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers album!!!

18. andolink

andolink Forum Resident

Butcher/Lehn/Tilbury: Exta
    John Butcher / saxophones
    Thomas Lehn / synthesizers
    John Tilbury / piano

(Recorded by Rick Campion at City University Music Studios on 25 June 2012.)

[​IMG]

Dennis0675 and 93curr like this.
  19. andolink

andolink Forum Resident

OOPS...wrong thread...sorry

Dennis0675 likes this.
  20. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

Your system has changed radically, congrats! Please post some impressions when you get a chance.

21. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Pictures on the wall make a gigantic difference! Nice selections there. Wind & Wuthering gets a lot of complaints for the cover but I think it's beautiful - glad to see I'm not the only one.

Johnny Reb and Clonesteak like this.
  22. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

Been working on rearranging the music room and getting ready for the Fisher 500c to get back. I picked up some Kilpsch Quartet last week and running them with my Marantz 2265b I must say they are a good addition to the room.

First album played through the Kilpsch Quartet
    [​IMG]

Covers on
    [​IMG]
    Covers off
    [​IMG]

Got to love the 12" bass 0n the back. Yes, they are a matched set just a little hard to see.
    [​IMG]

So far I love them!!

barfko, Quake1028, BigGame and 38 others like this.
  23. M.R.Collins

M.R.Collins Forum Resident

How do you like the Quartets with the Marantz? I have a 2252B and thinking about options for it.

24. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

I've been listening to ZZ Top - Cinco (Tres Hombres paying right now) the last hour or so. The 2265b is driving them fine with the volume at about 10ish have had it up at 12 and love it. Having the bass on the back side works very nice for sure. :agree: This is my first pair of Klipsch and I'm impressed with how they sound especially that they have horns. :righton: What are you thinking for your 2252b?

Bananas&blow, M.R.Collins and JNTEX like this.
  25. kellys

kellys Forum Resident

That looks great. I never use the fireplace in my room and have thought of placing my stand on the mantle. But than thought it might look kind of strange. I see it can work out well. That's a beautiful quilt your mom made and adds something special to your room.

Manimal likes this.