The Last Man On Earth (TV series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amoergosum, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

So ... that was Yoda photobombing?

--Geoff

2. Or maybe Kristen Wiig's character in a cloak?

Mister Charlie likes this.
  3. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

In the words of Sideshow Bob: "That was a well-plotted piece of non-claptrap that never once made me want to wretch".

Struggling to enjoy the most recent episodes of this show. It's become a bit of a chore to watch.

The only real laugh that I had was the following exchange between Tandy and Gail:

Tandy: Screw you, Fail!
    Gail: Y'all mixin' up ya F and G?
    Tandy: Fo guck yourself!

(or something like that)

--Geoff

rburly and neo123 like this.
  4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I haven't enjoyed the whole Jasper thing at all. I keep waiting for Kristin Wiig to show up, even if just for an episode.

amoergosum, rburly and Lonson like this.
  5. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

The current season is pretty disappointing. I'm still watching but I am not looking forward to episodes anymore like I once was.

...feels like they just used the Kristin Wiig story line in order to make people watch the season. They're stuck in that building because of the low budget.

It's the same formula like last season (with Jason Sudeikis).

6. agentalbert

I don't care about them being in one location. They can still write a funny show. I do think its time to switch up the cast, though. They should kill off Gail or Erica. I generally like Mary Steenburgen and Cleopatra is gorgeous, but they don't do much with them. It was funny when they were the new women around and Tandy was chasing them and frustrated being stuck with Carol.

7. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

One episode ends with something crashing down from the sky and the next instalment
    starts with a wedding?! Was there an episode in between that I missed? Didn't make any
    sense to me.

8. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Nice season Finale.

Something that I didn't expect, yet, did expect. (Will make sense after you watch it.)

rburly likes this.
  9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I really enjoyed it too. I've accepted the silliness with the show and enjoy it as entertainment.

10. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

11. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

I've always felt that the series has a Gilligan's Island feel to it. I'm now convinced next season they'll be shipwrecked on an island.

rburly likes this.
  12. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Why don't they just assign every guest star their own red "Enterprise Security" tunic, and be done with it.

13. rburly

After a 3 hour tour. A 3 hour tour.

14. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

A new season. And more Wiig! I hope she stays around a while. . . longer than Jack Black!

Dan C likes this.
  15. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Did it start already?

16. agentalbert

Yeah, Kristen is great. And the Jack Black guest role was hilariously shorter even than Will Ferrell's or Jon Hamm's. I guess next year they could try and top it by having a guest who dies before even speaking a word.

Dan C and Lonson like this.
  17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Yes. last night.

Bryan likes this.
  18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Okay, thanks, I missed it. We usually just stream the episodes using the Fox app on our Apple TV. I believe they're available 8 days after air.

19. rburly

I was hoping she would be a regular character. But, pushing everyone else to the island and Tandy and her only on the boat may last, but for maybe a season AFAI can tell. Great episode.

20. rburly

Kristen Wiig and Chris Elliott are welcome additions to the show. Kristen doing her roll call now has me :biglaugh:

21. agentalbert

Can anyone tell me what the song was played at the every end of the last episode?

I knew the Carol going into labor thing was fake the whole time, but it still gave me a good laugh when Tandy's head popped out of the blanket. I thought it would just be a a doll or stuffed with t-shirts.

22. Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed Senior Member

I watched the first series and a bit of this but then I started to get really irritated by all the characters and could watch no more.

23. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Kinks - Strangers

That last scene must have been a homage to Wes Anderson...they copied his style.

rburly and agentalbert like this.
  24. agentalbert

In tonight's episode, Carol having her first baby as a "nocturnal emission" gave me a laugh.

25. rburly

The second one too, right? Or was that where they left it? Carol still had the other baby in there, but I remember seeing Tandy holding 2 babies at the end, as I recall. Another fun episode. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.