Star Wars: Who are Rey's parents?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jason Manley, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

I take it this level of knowledge is in the side shoot novels? I’m very familiar with the movies, that isn’t mentioned that I can ever remember. I always thought the clone part was a hole in the story plot because in New Hope they are different heights and Lea said to Luke, your a little short for a storm trooper.

2. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

How Stormtroopers Changed In Star Wars 7, And Why It Matters

3. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

No way its Luke as it would make him the worst father in movie history.

Vidiot likes this.
  4. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member Thread Starter

But until we know the full story, maybe not though?

5. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

I know they are both Jedi but is that even possible? Did they get bored on the way to Mos Eisly, stole some time on the Falcon, or did Ben force himself while distracting him with his father’s lightsaber?

Smokin Chains and delmonaco like this.
  6. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

i think we need to see midochlorian numbers before we can truly start closing in on the answer

7. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

Luke’s father killed his mother, tortured his sister and cut Luke’s hand off. Also killed his friend Ben and tortured his friend Han. Not even close to worst father in the Series.

8. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

[​IMG]

Oh, you were serious???

[​IMG]

Ben Kenobi’s DAUGHTER and Luke Skywalker.

Or, just to hedge my bet, Rey is Ben Kenobi’s granddaughter.

LEONPROFF likes this.
  9. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Just because Rey is strong with the Force that does not necessarily mean her parents were Jedi. She might possibly be decendent of Sith Lords.

10. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Incorrect.

Vader did not kill Luke's mother, according to Lucas she died of a broken heart.

And Vader did all those bad things AFTER he turned to the dark side, which is kinda understandable. Luke is supposed to be a good guy which would make his actions even worse.

11. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I don't know; however, I do have the Force, and I can see into the future. Hold on a sec...

I see...a month and a half from now....on the Steve Hoffman forum...a thread titled "Rey's Parents! Mad Or Nah?"...a million angry posters cry out in anger as Rey's Parents are reveled. The forums can't handle the activity, and it goes off-line...a million angry posters cry in agony...then, darkness.

12. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

If you slo-mo The Force Awakens when Rey first touches Luke's light saber it appears to be Kylo Ren who restrains a young Rey as her loved ones are rocketed off-planet.

Who is Rey waiting for the return of on her home planet?

13. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I'm pretty sure it's Unkar Plutt holding her hand

14. FACE OF BOE

FACE OF BOE Forum Resident

Yes it is Unkar Plutt's voice you hear.

15. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

The smart money should be on Sir Could-Have-Been-Saved-for-This-Film.

16. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Because all black people must be related.

17. Funky54

....?

So why is Rey related? Fin shows a strong “force” influence. It’s logical to predict the possibility that he is someone familiar too. IT wasnt a race comment in any way. I think you looked for it to be. Not cool.

18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I'm not accusing you of racism, just weird, faulty logic.

19. Funky54

I read this and thought it was kinda silly. He stated the huge elephant that is obvious. Too me they didn’t sell the “hey something has changed” instead it came across like a hole in story telling, a plot debacle. I get how it opens up the stormtroopers as charictors but for me it was a dissconnect to the known.

It (too me) seems like the prequels (that I hated for the most part) painfully put into stone that the storm troopers were clones. Then Force Awakens craps all over the assertion. I Really like the original 3 movies. I do like Force Awakens. Bitter sweet with Han’s demise. And it really is just retelling New Hope, but I still dig it.

So I imagine they will do spin offs in between ROTJ and Force Awakens and maybe well see those plot holes filled... But I’d rather they keep that tight. Holes in a plot don’t build suspense for me. Instead they just look like “hey we missed this, and now were trying to explain it away after the fact.”

20. Funky54

In Force Awakens its implied heavily that Fin is “somebody” his heritage is “something” remember when Maz, crawled across the table to look into Fin’s eyes? She was looking at something... a force connection, a resemblance to someone els? Its a very logical deduction that he’s related to someone else.

I may have missed a few days at school, maybe I’m not the greatest at Math.. but my Math tells me he’s more likely related to S. L. Jackson or Lando then Chewboka or Yoda.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    LEONPROFF likes this.
  21. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

According to Lucas Leia kisses her brother to make Han jealous even though “some how I’ve always known” Luke was her brother. Lucas made crap up as he went along, his takes on his “art” leaves me less impressed. How many times has he waffled on whether he planned two trilogies or three?

And who broke her heart? :)

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I fell down laughing reading this answer. Godamighty, that bit from Phantom Menace might be the worst bit of writing in the entire saga.

That's my theory as well: he was just making it all up as he went along. No master plan except very broad strokes. There's a lot of evidence that Lucas had no idea that Vader and Luke & Leia were related when he wrote and directed the first movie. That's an idea he had initially thought of but rejected. I think Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan changed his mind on Empire and made the idea work.

23. Neil Anderson

Neil Anderson Forum Resident

Vader turning out to be Luke's father: Brilliant.
    Luke and Leia turning out to be brother and sister: Huh?
    Vader turning out to have built C-3Po: Seriously?
    Vader and Boba Fett are brothers: Thank sanity that got vetoed. I can't believe Lucas didn't get committed after making that suggestion.

Oh, and Rey? who cares at this point?

Ginger Ale, LEONPROFF and ssmith3046 like this.
  24. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The impression that I got after reading The Secret History of Star Wars is that Leigh Brackett's original screenplay did not include Vader as Luke's father. After she passed away, Lucas rewrote it to include Papa Vader. Lucas was going to have Anakin Skywalker, initially conceived as a completely separate character, appear as a Force ghost, but he felt that Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi were essentially the same character, making the initial conception of Anakin redundant. Then he hit on the brainstorm that would rock audiences in their seats in 1980.

LEONPROFF, Vidiot and ohnothimagen like this.
  25. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

The first clone troopers were all clones of Jango Fett, as seen in the prequels trilogy, but they were engineered to age twice as fast as normal - they were 10 at the start of the Clone War, which was 22 years before the first Death Star was destroyed, so they would have been physically in their 60s by then.

So the clones were mostly replaced by non-clone recruits by the time the first movie takes place.

(that's the simple version that's considered canon, in the 'legends' universe there are various unsuccessful attempts to clone more troops, mentally unstable clones rebelling against the Empire etc., that force them to abandon the cloning programs. )

LEONPROFF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.