Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dflow

Dflow Listening in the time of Dylan

Hominy was correct! Eventhough the latest shipping update i received indicated my package was moving further away from its destination it apparently showed up today. This is according to my wife. Who 40 minutes after confirming receipt texted me to say some strange looking delivery guy showed up at the house asking for a package that was errantly delivered to be returned. She really is a barrel of laughs. Hope she is right about the package and others continue to keep appearing.

2. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

My tracking hasn't been updated in about 40 hours. Still says "Estimated Delivery Time" tomorrow. According to tracking it's been in Austin, Houston, Orlando, the destination town, and Jacksonville, in that order. Efficiency!!

Haven't received any reply from Sandbag customer service in over 72 hours despite making it clear I expected a forthright reply. I have learned with abundant clarity that Sandbag is not a forthright business. At best, they're in over their heads and incompetent, at worst frauds – and definitely dishonest.

mrjinks and HominyRhodes like this.
  3. Clauds

Clauds Active Member

Arrived safely in New Zealand - very well packed. Took 8 days. Shipping updates were erratic but otherwise no complaints.

jsb! and HominyRhodes like this.
  4. canadians - i recommend using the usps number given in the dhl link, plugging that into Canada's post tracking, and using email updates. the info is a bit more detailed. for instance, instead of my hopes being raised by DHL "en route: arrival at destination country" (as of nov. 10th), I can now see that it's in Mississauga (i'm in BC), sent for further processing - likely by CBSA in order to levy duties.

my guess is i'll have it that last week of november.

while disappointing, this is consistent with the length of time it usually takes for Dead box sets to get to me, though I've been surprised in the past ...

5. Jbeck57143

Jbeck57143 Forum Resident

Mine arrived today (it was at the post office 5 minutes away on Friday but I wasn't home to pick it up). The box was in good shape however, discs 1,3,5,6 and 7 are scratched. There's really no reason for them not to put the discs in sleeves. If they made the pockets in the binder that holds the discs slightly bigger those anti-static sleeves would fit perfectly. (They fit now, they just get a little crumpled)

6. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone heard anything from them today? My last email to them, sent this morning, is still unanswered. Due to the time zone difference, their offices are now closed, but they had ample opportunity to address complaints earlier today, and apparently chose not to. I'm dying to hear what they have to say about all this -- driving us half-crazy because they tried to cut corners and pocket a few extra bucks for themselves. Did they think we wouldn't notice, or what?

mrjinks likes this.
  7. jimbo3688

jimbo3688 Forum Resident

I received my package this afternoon. I'm excited to give it a whirl, but I'm going to take my time and savor each performance.

streetlegal and HominyRhodes like this.
  8. dylan1974

dylan1974 Forum Resident

Good News....received confirmation that my package had arrived at my Local Canada Post outlet.

Bad News....I arrived a few minutes after an unexpectedly early closing. The clerk apologized and asked me to come back tomorrow.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  9. Jack

Jack Senior Member

They seem to respond readily on their Twitter page. People ask about their packages(not Dylan) and Sandbag responds.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  10. jdefib1

jdefib1 Member

Mine just arrived in Baltimore. Similar situation to your’s; my tracking was all out of order. Went from Texas to a city in Maryland back to Nashville and then finally Maryland again. Doubt that’s what actually happened.

Mine arrived decently packaged and in good shape with the bonus discs. Hopefully all of you can say the same soon!

11. HominyRhodes

I took the box set out of the shipping carton, but I haven't opened the cellophane shrink-wrap yet. Don't think I'm ready to listen to it yet, after all the ridiculous shipping drama that's gone down. Isn't there supposed to be some level of excitement when you finally get ahold of something like this, after waiting several months for it to show up? I'm just not getting that vibe yet, especially since I know that other people are still playing the waiting game, with no meaningful apologies having yet been issued. Not even any tap-dancing, back-pedaling, patronizingly-insincere 'explanations' from Sony or Sandbag, just total radio silence.

Hopefully, all the boxes will arrive no later than tomorrow, and Sony/Sandbag can start trying to do right by the Dylan fans they've let down. I really want to hear what they have to say for themselves.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  12. AheadByEcho

AheadByEcho Forum Resident

My set actually arrived in today's mail. Just as was the case for HominyRhodes, my set was sent from ONELIVE FULFILLMENT of Austin, Texas, by "PARCEL SELECT" with a USPS tracking number. The box was scant on packaging to prevent it from being damaged, but through luck of the draw, it turned out to be pristine. San Diego was also included.

I will still be reading this thread regularly throughout the days to see how it all plays out. I certainly wish everyone the best, hope you get the darn thing soon and that it is in perfect shape.

13. John Rhett Thomas

It's because we're on to them and they know it. There's nothing they can say that wouldn't further the case against them so they ignore us.

14. Lesbeat

Lesbeat Forum Resident

Cleveland Ohio

HominyRhodes likes this.
  15. HominyRhodes

Is this day and age, no one is willing to admit fault, or take the blame for anything. I think they must teach that in business school. But my advice to those responsible for this "worst possible customer experience" is to make amends somehow -- refund money, 'exclusive content' CDs [JWH sessions, ahem], something along those lines. May never happen, but I hope they remember that we won't forget.

16. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Greg is still silent (make your comparisons to "God's Silence", if you so choose). ;)

But Michelle, and now Shirley, are tackling this issue with vim & vigor (email sent at 9:47am today):
    Good Morning Mr. @@@@@@

Thank you for contacting DHL eCommerce. I am really sorry that you have not received your package, and I do understand your frustration. I certainly want to assist you with this and provide a resolution.

This package will be delivered by our delivery partner, United States Postal Service, with your regular mail. This is a Ground shipment which typically takes from 3 to 8 postal days and will be expected to be delivered on or before November 17th. The last available scan on your package is “Tendered to Delivery Service Provider” , this was on Saturday November 11th. This scan means that your package was being prepared to be handed over to your local post office in Boise, ID.

Verifying the information of your local post office, they do not receive bulks on weekends. The package will be placed on transit to your local post office today. Your local post office should be receiving the package in the next 24-48 hours, once they receive it, the package will go through the sorting process and then scanned as received at their facilities, until then we won’t be able to see any other updates. As the shipping method is Ground, there is not a day by day scan on the package.

You can track your package with tracking number, 9361269903502337405416 at our website https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/?trackingnumber=9361269903502337405416 and once it shows as Arrived at Post Office you can trace it with the same tracking number at https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?origTrackNum=9361269903502337405416

Your package was turned over to DHL eCommerce from the sender for shipping on November 8th, and as I understand this shipment was supposed to be sent under Priority Mail, which takes from 2-5 postal days to be delivered. Since we received a different instruction on how to ship your package, I strongly recommend you to contact your vendor, for them to review with you how to proceed with the extra shipping costs.

I took the liberty of signing you up for e-mail alerts from USPS, so once the USPS scans the package as received, you will be notified by email.

Should you require further assistance regarding your shipment, please contact Customer Service at 1 317-554-5191 Monday-Friday, from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, EST.

Thank you

Shirley H​

Percy Song and HominyRhodes like this.
  17. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

The slow train pulled up in San Francisco tonight, and, this tired soul is ready to climb on board. Glad it eventually got here.

I hope it reaches the rest of you soon.

Percy Song, dormouse and HominyRhodes like this.
  18. HominyRhodes

:cop: BOOM, nailed the Sandbag Brigade and their minions, OneLive.

So DHL received a "different instruction," eh...

Holy smokes, it seems that Mr. Greg Hewitt WAS providing the "best possible customer experience" that he was able to under those circumstances...my apologies to Mr. H. for rushing to judgement, and all my best wishes to that lovely, helpful Shirley. :tiphat:

Thank you, Mister Jinks, and congratulations -- you've cracked the case. Well done.

Percy Song and mrjinks like this.
  19. HominyRhodes

:cheers:

mrjinks and streetlegal like this.
  20. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

Oh, yeah, just to confirm, it was OneLive on the parcel, whoever they be.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  21. John Rhett Thomas

To have it confirmed that Sandbag intentionally used a bulk shipping method to deliver our packages would definitely have surprised me before I made the order. It doesn't surprise me now. What a bunch of shysters.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  22. HominyRhodes

Blame game: Sony ------> :hide: S A N D B A G :hide: <------OneLive <-------DHL <-------USPS

streetlegal likes this.
  23. Jbeck57143

Jbeck57143 Forum Resident

I'm going to let them know about the scratched discs. I see they want photos. Have people been able to send them photos of scratched discs? That looks like it would be hard to photograph since the discs have to be held at an angle to see the scratches.

24. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Good news for me. After DHL claiming they put it into the hands of the USPS at the end of last week, today I got a notification that the USPS actually has it and will be delivering it tomorrow.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  25. Just a note that mine arrived in Chicago today, and upon cursory examination everything seems basically OK. I have one disc that I thought was cracked initially but it may (hopefully) be just a scratch on the top surface; there is nothing visible from the silver side. On a side note, I can't believe they just shove these things into cardboard pockets these days. For $180 these discs should be in plastic sleeves or jewel cases.

For those still waiting, hang in there.

HominyRhodes, mrjinks and Mr. H like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.