The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

2. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Or yeah, what he said. :thumbsup:

Higlander likes this.
  3. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

That''s funny. :laugh:

4. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Well, i'm enjoying this season better than last season, but my wife is finding this season boring. I've spotted some inconsistencies here and there but have to remind myself that it's just a tv show. That said, I'm going to venture a huge guess and say that Negan is going to get a full back story episode and it's going to be when he's talking with Father Gabriel in the trailer. Or there's going to be flashback periods while he and Gabriel are talking. Gabriel, I find, came into his own. He understands what's at stake and doesn't fear death seeing as he found his spirituality and faith again. I just hope that the dialogue between Negan and Gabriel is intelligent and that Gabriel challenges Negan's lack of humanity.

Lownote30 likes this.
  5. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

i dont know the comic, I was caught off guard and sad when sheeba got it. I thought they would all get out alive

6. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Or we could be spared all of that and just see them march out of the trailer when the walkers are cleared away, Negan at Gabriel's gunpoint.

Rubber65 likes this.
  7. I’m hoping we find he was a regional limbo champion. This would help explain why he always leans back so far.

Gumboo, Rubber65 and Lownote30 like this.
  8. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I would go back as far as the Glenn dumpster ridiculousness as the shark jumper moment. There was a real breakdown in the covenant between showrunners and fans there--that they could be so manipulative.

To me, dragging this out is an admission that they have nothing up their sleeve. Otherwise, why bother? But yes, agreed, this could also be a shark jump.

Dan

Kyhl likes this.
  9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yes, the Glen dumpster episode was clearly where they decided to choose pulp level manipulation to play with the audience.

Hall Cat and nosticker like this.
  10. HudsonDuster

HudsonDuster Forum Resident

The Walking Dead Mix

01. Speeches -
    All right, already !

02. Roller Bowler Bowler, Penny A Pitch -
    Morgan wants to gun down a Savior, but gets interrupted by rolling zombies. Ha !

03. Jesus And Morgan At A Standstill -
    Why didn't they practice Kung Fu Fighting on the Saviours ?

04. Widow's Peak -
    Maggie lets Gregory back into the Hilltop. Derp.

05. Kingdom Dumb, Kingdom Smart -
    The Kingdom group all get gunned down, save for Ezekiel and Jerry. Always scatter when searching a Saviour outpost.
    Carol guns down the Saviours carrying the machine gun crate. They were in single file, so she was quite lethal here.

06. Carol -
    Has all the spare Saviour ammo, yet fumbles with a set of keys to open the gates to free Ezekiel + Jerry. Carol, shoot the lock and/or the chain off, will ya ?

07. The Shining -
    The Saviour who grabbed King Ezekiel came on like a crazed Jack Nicholson. Eerie excellence.

08. The Sky Above, The Mud Below -
    When they get to the toxic swamp, suddenly they are low on ammo. Shiva meets her doom.
    What I would have done was this -
    Shiva jumps in to save Ezekiel, then can't get away from the zombies because she can't get any paw traction in the mud.
    Losses. (Shiva, the Kingdom Platoon and Jerry's battle-axe)

09. The Chase -
    Great reveal when the Saviour suddenly displays the machine gun pointing/shooting at Rick and Darryl.
    Dopey followup as only one or two machine gun rounds actually hit Rick's car. Really ?
    Great as they switch attacking. (Rick, then Darryl shooting)
    More greatness when Rick goes Indiana Jones on the Saviour driver.
    I guess they think that the other Saviour somehow made it after being shot down and car-wrecked.

10. Suggestions -
    Have them recover one of those hand held walkies. Then they could taunt Negan by chanting at him over the air.
    At The Saviour's Stronghold :
    Have Carol hold up the cigarrette lighter that she took from that Killing Floor Saviour Outpost.
    She could shout out to Negan " Hey, remember this ?"
    Then she lights the lighter and says "If you want it, here it is. Come and get it."

EVOLVIST likes this.
  11. @HudsonDuster - Let's add some more Mystery Science 3000, because, well...the show deserves it. Even my kids are giving each other WTF looks.

Carol, who is usually a bad ass, manages to somehow get in the suspended ceiling, with enough room, mind you, as well as the ability to support her weight and all of her gear, to blindly shoot and kill all of The Saviors in the room. Never mind that she suddenly lost her ability aim straight during the outdoor gunfight, yet suddenly regained her sight when it was time to mow down zombies outside of the fence...30-40 yards away.

How did she get in the building, anyway? Nobody knows. Not even Carol. How come Jerry didn't get waxed with the rest of Kingdom fodder? He's the biggest target out there! By the way, when your CGI tiger splits the scene, that's probably a good time to gtfo of there.

This was David Koresh.

Riding with Norman Reedus - The problem is...at that speed? Daryl wouldn't have had time to lay down his bike. No damn way! He would have flipped in the air like Mr. Kite, dying a horrible death, but instead, like Carol and Daryl going off of an overpass, nose-down, in a van, Daryl gets back up and rides like the wind.

Oh, but that 50 cal Browning machine gun: one shot at Rick's jeep and that would have been it. That thing would put a hole through the engine block the size of a quarter. But hey, Rick survived. Imagine that.

Say, the King isn't smiling anymore. Whats up with that?

HudsonDuster and kwadguy like this.
  12. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

You make a good case. I hated his miracle resurrection. Can't believe he got two deaths.

It doesn't matter though. I'm happy having deleted the last six episodes, going back to last year's finale, knowing that is six hours I don't feel compelled to watch any more. It's kind of a relief to move on.

I'll keep checking in later to see if they were able to fix the show, like how Big Bang has come around after I took a couple year vacation from it.

13. Note to Carol - when you want to stop someone transporting something, and you're having a gun fight with automatic weapons right next to the vehicle - which at this point is stationary - they're using, aim for the tires.

Bender Rodriguez and rswitzer like this.
  14. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

If Rick's jeep can survive multiple hits from a machine gun that almost qualifies as artillery, I think the Saviors' tires can be bullet proof. :)

More seriously, I read it as if she had shot a the jeep, they would have returned fire and made it impossible for her to get to Abraham and Jerry.

HudsonDuster and Shawn like this.
  15. I was referring to her initial gun fight with them, as they were loading the machine gun onto the jeep/truck.

16. Higlander

Higlander Well-Known Member

The writers are no longer shocking us with impressive well thought ideas and plans, but merely doing things that totally stretch logic, make sense at times, seem to defy physics or are simply stupid at other times. Nothing is consistent anymore.
    Before I used to watch and think, "Wow can't wait to see what will happen next!"

Now I watch and keep worrying, "What stupid scenario will come up that seems implausible or makes no sense"

17. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I'm still curious about Rick's "plan" that ties together all this random action. I suspect it will only be laid out, via exposition, after the battle.

18. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

We know that his plan involved cutting Negan and his main Lieutenants off from the rest of the Saviors, securing the guns he heard about from Dwight, and clearing out two outposts. It turned out he had some faulty intelligence about the location of the guns for which the Kingdom soldiers ended up paying the price. There may be more to it than that, but they are doling it out gradually as events unfold.

19. HudsonDuster

HudsonDuster Forum Resident

Hello Evolvist,

Darryl as Mr. Kite. Ha !
    The King is unhappy at being just "some guy." Maybe he wants to be "Some Other Guy."
    Carol, she was hiding in the ceiling, waiting for a sleepy feeling.

The Survivors tipped their hand when they fired at the top of Negan's Factory/Lair.
    MST3000 should return; they would clean up.

Yes the highway nose dive survival.
    the dumpster.
    the little machine gun that couldn't; maybe they were only fooling.
    Dr. Jenner's vlog; an oldie but a goodie. I'll explain if you ask.

Yours in laughter love and light,
    HudsonDuster

EVOLVIST likes this.
  20. I've been disenchanted since last season. This season is a drag.

21. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Chiming in here, I haven't watched an episode this season since Ep 1. How's it looking? Have 'em all on DVR, are they worth watching?

22. Season 8, Ep5 ~

I actually thought this was the best episode this season. Pretty good stuff. Seeing the "human side" of Negan was a welcome change from all of his bluster, which put Negan more in line with the comic book (original) version. There was some fair acting in there.

Speaking of fair acting, I've never mentioned it, but I think Xander Berkeley, the actor who plays Gregory, is probably the best actor in this series. Maybe it's because I've been reading the comic for years, and he nails the character to a T, but yeah, that's Gregory, and I think he's a treat whenever he gets screen time.

Otherwise, besides the alpha-male fight between Rick and Daryl, it was pretty good. The writers didn't put themselves into too many positions to screw it up. Next week doesn't look as promising.

By the way, the rest of my family has officially crapped out. I'll continue to watch out of morbid curiosity.

Hall Cat likes this.
  23. Higlander

Higlander Well-Known Member

My wife crapped out totally now.
    I thought it was an okay to sorta good episode, but losing interest...almost did not watch last night.

24. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

What's with the helicopter? Military?

25. Speaking of the fight between Rick and Daryl, it was painful when the camera just held that shot on the two of them after the explosion. I was half-expecting Rick to say 'Here's another fine mess you've gotten me in to' (apologies to Oliver Hardy).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.