Rhino "Rocktober" releases coming soon...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinyl Addict, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urban Spaceman

Urban Spaceman Forum Eulipion

Thanks! Looks like I've got to give that one a go.......:righton:

2. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Rhino "Rocktober" releases coming soon...

Urban Spaceman likes this.
  3. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

The real problem is that it was Reagosoed.

mick_sh likes this.
  4. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Wish it were Grayed like Electric Warrior.

5. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Man, I guess I can give it as a holiday gift to the big Lizzy fan I know. I have an original WB already.

Electric Warrior does sound pretty awesome.

6. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Just got T. rex and ZZ Top , bn has 20% off which made these less than 20$
    I may have to go back for Alice and Jane’s addiction

7. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

Has someone compare the new alice cooper pretties for you with a green label or palm tree warner reissue from the seventies ?

8. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Funny that Thin Lizzy, Loudness-Thunder In The East, and Ace Frehley-Frehley's Comet are a part of Rocktober, but I didn't see them on many of the lists.

9. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

Finally opened the Jane's Addiction and am listening now. Wow - sounds killer! Big, wide soundstage with great detail; crystal clear. Superb. Perfect pressing, too.

jimhb, Rekkerds, MEMark and 2 others like this.
  10. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I stopped at a local B&N store today and picked up the Trex and Jane’s Addiction LPs. They are pretty impressive as expected. There have been enough exclusive to B&N releases lately that I went ahead and got a membership too. I had been holding out on the membership but hats off to their business model. They fished me in.

mikedifr0923 likes this.
  11. mikedifr0923

mikedifr0923 Forum Resident

Definitely comes in handy the few times per year they give you double savings

I it Trex and love it. First time I listened to that album actually. And got Chicago and Faces.

I can't find Love it to Death anywhere

12. athensdrums

athensdrums Forum Resident

Anyone pick up the Loaded reissue? If so, opinions?

13. Wade Burrow

Wade Burrow Bound to get lucky

I picked it up this last weekend. I love it, think it sounds great. It has a great stereo soundstage and Lou's voice floats around in the room on a few tracks. It's quite a dynamic cut IMO. The Deadwax has Maria on the B Side and JA on side A. The numbers hand scribed look similar to Ray Staff's writing. Don't know who cut it but I wouldn't be on the fence with this one. I've listened to it 3 times as well as the fantastic Trex EW LP.

MRT, e.s., JP Christian and 2 others like this.
  14. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

Apologies if this has already been answered, is the Gold Vinyl VU Loaded a new cut? More importantly, is it all-analogue like Electric Warrior?

15. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Started a trend.

Beatles in Mono box set. 2014.
    Stones In Mono Box 2016.
    Kinks Mono Collection box 2016.

I'm not sure there is a demand for more apart from a maybe the first two Floyd albums, and possibly a Hollies mono box would sell. Quite a few other one off titles. In fact the first mono I can think off was 'The Doors' included originally in the box set from 2008 before a later separate release. Sundazed especially have released quite a few mono titles including Donovan and Jeff Beck group.

dkmonroe likes this.
  16. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

It did start a trend, and a pretty unlikely one at that. If someone had told you ten years ago that a Kinks Mono box was going to be released would that have seemed likely? In the past such things have always been very limited. That red-cover Beatles mono box from the 80's has always been very scarce and pricey. I don't even remember it being released originally.

17. athensdrums

Thanks! I decided to take a chance on both Loaded and Electric Warrior; they arrived yesterday but haven't had a chance to listen.

Wade Burrow likes this.
  18. JP Christian

hehe, that'll teach me not to refresh the page before posting! I think if I can find it cheaply enough I may go for Loaded...

Wade Burrow likes this.
  19. Wade Burrow

Wade Burrow Bound to get lucky

Just as a side note, while out grabbing the two Rocktober records I picked up two Original Pressing James Brown Mono 45s on the King label, all I can say is wow. I wish they could find the tapes they cut those off of and put a Mono Box together. "I Got You" sounded amazing

20. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

As the dead wax scribing looks like ray staff, does it mean the loaded reissue could be all analogue ? Does the previous reissue had the same scribing on the deadwax ?

21. athensdrums

“Sweet Jane” has the “missing” bridge, so unless there is an unedited analog master, I’m guessing it’s digital? I never heard this version of SJ before the Peel Slowly box set.

0476pearljam and Wade Burrow like this.
  22. JP Christian

If it has the shorter version of Sweet Jane, surely that suggests it could be analogue - the original LP has shorter versions of some tracks - a recent-ish EU re-issue of Loaded I picked up had the longer versions which completely threw me at first - so does this new Loaded have the longer or shorter tracks?

23. athensdrums

Longer.

24. JP Christian

Oh, I assume digital then...

25. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

Re T. Rex / ZZ Top / Testament
    Bought all three this weekend. T. Rex sounds killer, ZZ Top is the best ever for that title (Hallelujah!), and Testament s/t sucks. Mastered at Capitol from a CD, it sounds like. The green vinyl suits that title so, but lousy effort on the sound. Pity. I had the original pressing back in '87, so it's great to have the original paper inner w/ lyrics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.