"Stranger Things" on Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by davidshirt, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

How was this confirmed??

HiredGoon likes this.
  2. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

It wasn't. We only see Brenner in a vision conjured by Kali in Eleven's mind.

Scope J likes this.
  3. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

A 4K UHD/Blu-Ray 4-disc set. Some have already found them in stores.

4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I thought it was mentioned that his body had never been found at the lab. Which isn’t confirmation that he’s alive exactly ... but there’s only one reason they’d put that detail in. And Eleven’s vision of him was most likely there to keep him in the backs of our minds...

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It was confirmed by the Duffer Brothers in one of the interviews I posted in a previous message. I think this was revealed in the Chicago episode, that the former Evil Government Facility guard stopped Elle from killing him by telling her he knew where "Papa" was and that he was still alive.

In the immortal words of Jack Bauer...

[​IMG]

The show is stellar in 4K HDR, absolutely beautiful, with tons of contrast and amazing color.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Gardo, Bowie Fett and AndyNicks like this.
  6. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

*UHDs have no HDR and feature lossy audio. Good grief. Just when I think I'll buy Season 1! Back to plan A (renting from Netflix).

7. Bowie Fett

Specs?

8. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I noticed the not period correct Humvees.

And the goofy 'Slotichnaya' vodka bottle.

Vidiot likes this.
  9. Coppertop Tester

Coppertop Tester Forum Resident

That vodka is from a future time period as seen in "Minority Report".

Vidiot and mdm08033 like this.
  10. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

I bought the Soundtracks on Amazon. While enjoyable it's a little confusing because there are several out there. There's two Original Music by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein and then I believe just a few weeks ago they released the single CD that features the songs in the shows intercut with dialog clips. The gem of the whole series for me is the original music by Dixon and Stein. I enjoyed Volume 2's soundtrack much better than Volume 1. I also read they recorded the music using vintage equipment. Tangerine Dream/Vangelis feel to a lot of the music which as a prog nut I love.

11. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Foreshadowing their later confrontation where Steve
    gets his ass handed to him.

Vidiot and marblesmike like this.
  12. Snoflo1998

Snoflo1998 Well-Known Member

I gotta check out the soundtracks on Deezer.

Scope J likes this.
  13. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Bob. ....why god why........he was the best......

AndyNicks and EVOLVIST like this.
  14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

You mean video specs? Shot digitally on Red Helium in 8K and 6K, extracted to 4K in post with versions created in HDR and standard dynamic range. Leica Summilux lenses, which is an unusual choice. It's a good looking show technically, from top to bottom. The color-correction is done by Skip Kimball over at Technicolor/Hollywood, and he does good work. It's one of those rare shows that pretty much looks like a feature film.

Chris DeVoe, Bowie Fett and Gardo like this.
  15. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I hope this is the end. It's done.

Enjoyed season 2 but I think the novelty is worn off. I don't think they had as clear a vision for this season as they did the first. They didn't appear to know what to do with 70% of the cast for most of the season. More puzzling were cast that got a lot of screen time for no real reason or pay off.

16. Bowie Fett

17. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

It's not. It will go at least for 4 seasons. It has already been confirmed. Just stop watching if you are over it. I did that with the Simpsons. I'm looking forward to the next season.

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

please stop the "just stop watching" rhetoric. it's tiresome.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it isn't done, but i agree with you. i hope they manage to move it forward a bit.

20. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I just finished season 2. I thought it was terrific, though like others felt like episode 7 was a slight misstep; like it was a spin-off show about Ocho and The Douche Crew.

Steve is the freakin' man. He's my fave. Bob was gonna take his place but they did what they did, which was a bummer. I hate to see Sean go, he was really good.

I thought Reiser would turn out to be a slime but he was ok.

I dont know what more they can do with these characters but I'll tune in for Season 3 when it arrives.

Butterfly Blue likes this.
  21. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Anyone else feel like the 80s references were a little too "on the nose" for the first few episodes of season two, but got better as it went along? The arcade especially felt very contrived (the giant, perfect sign out front that just said "Arcade")

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There's a point where it's actually a reasonable comment. I think the show was fine, and I didn't have a problem with the characters, the story, the acting, or anything. Is it Oscar-caliber work? No. Is it at least as good as many of the 1980s films it references? Sure. Did it entertain me? Absolutely. And as far as Netflix is concerned, it's a huge success because they got a ton of new subscribers and a lot of people watched it. 15,000,000 viewers in the first three days is huge by any measure:

‘Stranger Things’ Season 2 Premiere Draws More Than 15 Million Viewers in Three Days

Aaaaa, it wasn't that bad... but I get your point. I think it kind of falls into the movie cliche when they have period cars that are a little "too" clean and perfect, as if they were carefully preserved by a collector for 40 or 50 years (which they were).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  23. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Wonderful score!!!

can't believe it wasn't mentioned once on BST

:realmad:

AndyNicks likes this.
  24. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

As I mentioned with Season 1 the glaring thing for me is Steve gets to drive a BMW 7 Series??!!!

And man those 9v batteries last a lot longer than I remember. It is fun to watch a show knowing I was virtually the same age as the kids in it at that time. Okay I was in rural UK but we had walkie talkies and school parties. Not so many cars and phone usage though. :D

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  25. psychtrailmix

psychtrailmix Forum Resident

How is that tiresome? He was responding to someone who said "I hope it's done," and complaining about the most recent season. I think "stop watching" is a simple solution if you don't like the show anymore, rather than wishing for it's demise.

Lee Davis, Vidiot and bartels76 like this.