Is ImportCds good enough?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MikeManaic61, Nov 22, 2017.

1. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I had my eye on a couple Bob Dylan Hybrid Sacds and wanted if anyone has had experiencewith them.

2. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I've made dozens of orders over the years without incident, through their eBay store.

3. HeavensAbove

HeavensAbove Forum Resident

I've had good experiences so far. Pretty much all of my new (not used) music purchases nowadays are done through ImportCDs and Dusty Groove.

George P likes this.
  4. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

My only complaint with them is they use DHL.

5. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

Love 'em

6. jimbo3688

jimbo3688 Forum Resident

Used many times without issue.

tmtomh and snigglefritz like this.
  7. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

I've used them maybe a half-dozen times. Almost half of those orders got screwed up by them one way or another. Trying to reach them is a nightmare. They are on my "do not patronize" list.

ScramMan2, Comet01 and Complier like this.
  8. sandimascharvel

sandimascharvel Forum Resident

I haven't used them but have used CD Japan several times and they're excellent. Don't know if the SACD you want is a Japan issue though.

9. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

very reliable vendor, I've bought many products with them no issues

10. street legal

street legal Senior Member

I've only ordered from them a few times through the years, but never had any problems whatsoever.

Dave likes this.
  11. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I've ordered from them many times and only had one (sorta) bad experience. I had ordered 5 LPs from them and
    they only shipped 4. The invoice marked that the fifth one had been shipped, but it hadn't. I complained, but
    received no response from them. Oh well. I've ordered from them since that incident and have had no problems.
    I forgive them.

12. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

no problems here. use them all the time. best prices.

13. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

How about quality of their vinyl packaging?

14. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I had two bad experiences with them last year. Bought two vinyl bargains that were listed on Amazon-- Ringo's "Postcards from Paradise" for $5, Van Morrison's "Duets" for $8. Both were listed as s/s, sounded like great deals, both wound up being worthless. The Ringo was scratched to hell on one side, the Van had just one of two LP's-- Both had obviously been resealed. Import CD's told me they'd credit the money on the discs (instead of providing good copies) if I returned both albums at my own expense-- in which case, instead of paying $13 for two bad records, I'd be paying $10 for nothing at all.

I have never ordered from them again.

15. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

I find them very reliable and they have the good prices. The DHL/USPS Hybrid shipping is the only negative about them. It takes 7-8 days to get a CD from them.

tmtomh and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I've used them many times. My order has always been correct, and I've never had one CD case arrive cracked.

17. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

Never any problems for me. I've ordered quite a few of the big heavy King Crimson sets from them, they come well packed and never a problem. I've also had stuff arrive from them before the day it was originally scheduled or promised, so they're pretty fast.

18. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Forum Resident

Used them many times, they are fine. Small drawbacks are their cheaper packaging, typical of the mass volume low price sellers in Amazon Marketplace, and it can take a few weeks for items to arrive in the US.

19. mrogers

mrogers Forum Resident

I've been ordering CDs from them for several years now through Amazon or eBay and had only one problem. They shipped me the wrong order once, and when I informed them they sent me the correct order and a return mailer to send back the wrong discs in less than 48 hours.

20. MikeManaic61

I'm gonna give them a shot, thanks for the feedback. Freewheelin it is.

21. MikeManaic61

Depends on what I'm looking for, I'm alright with that if the price is right.

22. lwh1

lwh1 Forum Resident

I use them or the WOW HD equivalent site, takes about 10 days to arrive to the U.K. with no problems.

23. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I've bought several LP's from them, mainly through eBay, mostly box sets. Not one bum LP yet. When ordering from Amazon or B&N I most often have to exchange to get a non-defective copy. I HIGHLY recommend ImportCD's!

Great for CD's and other digital media too. Not lightning fast shipping but great prices and the product is always perfect.

24. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

It's been great. They still use the "pressed corrugated" mailer...with the four "wings" around the four sides, but no damage yet.

25. gillcup

gillcup Senior Member

I've been using them for years without any problems. I buy through Amazon marketplace.