New West Records Black Friday Sale (through 11/26): $3.98 CDs and $7.98 LPs

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Suedebelly, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident Thread Starter

New West Records is holding a Black Friday sale (through Sunday) where select CDs are $3.98 and LPs are $7.98. Several titles from Steve Earle, John Hiatt and The Devil Makes Three as well as some classic Pinetop Perkins and James Cotton reissues!

Black Friday 2017

2. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I was just getting ready to post this. I picked up the four James Cotton and Pinetop Perkins Antone’s releases on vinyl. $7.98 for 1xLP and 9.98 for 2xLP. Great deal on some good music.

3. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I just wish Hiatt would put out something NEW. It’s coming up on FOUR YEARS!!!

4. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Just got 7 cds for 32.97! Great deals!

black sheriff likes this.
  5. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Yeah, the shipping was very reasonable. On the four LPs that I picked up, three of them doubles, shipping was only $6.50. Came out to $11.00 an album. Great deal.

6. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

not familiar with these artists but love old blues stuff and hard to beat the price.
    they also have tom morello's solo album for cheap

7. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Here’s some history on Antone’s, and you can’t go wrong with Pinetop Perkins and James Cotton. I streamed all four titles yesterday when I was mowing the grass and putting up Christmas lights. I don’t remember which album, but Pinetop or James Cotton announced that they were backed by the Muddy Waters Band. Good stuff. Did you pick up the CDs or vinyl? New West will usually get someone like John Golden to master their vinyl releases, and they sound great.

History | Antone's Nightclub | Austin's Home of the Blues

I’ve got the Tom Morello stuff, good choice.

8. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Thanks, going to order all 4 Pinetop and cotton and the morello too
    Getting the vinyl, though I could save a few bucks on morello and get the cd these are great prices

Some of these are on back order but I’m in no hurry

9. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

The Morello vinyl jacket is pretty standard. You’re probably good with the CD. The Pinetop and Cotton vinyl packaging sounds pretty nice. From the New West website, “Each LP is displayed in a beautiful, one of a kind package (leather texture, die-cut, embossed logo).”

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

fyi theyre doing a cyber monday sale too with different titles, not quite as cheap but i'm getting Nikki Lane and the Texas Gentleman

11. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I’m looking at the Live From Austin records now.

I went with:

MERLE HAGGARD - LIVE FROM AUSTIN, TX [EXCLUSIVE ORANGE VINYL]

DWIGHT YOAKAM - LIVE FROM AUSTIN, TX [VINYL]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  12. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i didnt even notice that was a separate site now i have to browse those too
    some good names on that list.

also saw some christmas LP for 9.99

13. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I’m guessing that it was a good weekend for everyone. I got this email today from New West Records:

Thank you for your recent order from the New West Records stores. Our Black Friday week sales were a tremendous success – to say we have been overwhelmed by the response would be an egregious understatement.

We're working diligently to get your order in the mail as soon as possible, but there may be some delays due to the volume of orders we're experiencing. Rest assured we want you to be completely satisfied with your order, and we'll do everything we can to ensure you've had a great experience shopping with us.

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out: [email protected]

Thanks again, from everyone at New West Records!

14. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Anyone have anything cancelled yet due to being out of stock?

I just received an email today. The Pinetop’s Boogie Woogie that I ordered on the 24th was cancelled. I’m waiting for a reply if it will be restocked. I was offered a substitution of my choice from their catalogue. Any suggestions from you guys?

15. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

same on pinetop. i also asked if it will be restocked as i can wait.
    i wasn't clear on if i could choose any item at all or for the same amount i paid.

16. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

All 7 of the cds I ordered have shipped, including both Pinetop Perkins titles.

17. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I’ve emailed them back asking for the Crazy Heart/Soundtrack on vinyl as a replacement. Let’s see what they say.

18. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Have you heard back from New West? I emailed them on Saturday and haven’t gotten a reply.

19. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

nope not yet

20. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I’m still waiting for my records.

21. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Got my stuff earlier this week, received an email that they found one copy of pinetop and we’re sending my stuff priority

They certainly take a while to return emails though , I’d email them again

22. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Did they actually send it priority? They told me the same thing back on the 12th. Priority from Georgia to Florida should've taken less than 3 days. They did agree to the Crazy Heart Soundtrack (vinyl) for the out of stock Pinetop. I requested a tracking number. It should be here on Tuesday. Just in time for Christmas. :rolleyes: Thanks New West.

23. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

dont think it was actually priority took maybe 4 days after the email and i didnt get a tracking number.

24. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I finally got my records the day after Christmas. New West did send them 2 Day Priority so it was not their fault for the delay. All the records look and sound great. Only thing is record 1 (sides 1 & 2) of the Pinetop - Live at Antone's has record 2 labels (sides 3 & 4). That's a non-issue for me. I'll have to get the other Pinetop from Amazon or something. If you haven't heard it, the Crazy Heart Soundtrack is pretty good. Nice mix of tunes.

25. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Dan and black sheriff like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.