Metallica - Master Of Puppets 2017 Remastered Deluxe edition announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nodeerforamonth, Aug 29, 2017.

1. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Hi, got my box and haven't had time to listen but this must be THE boxset of the year.

robtodd, johnny q, warewolf95 and 3 others like this.
  2. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Gotta go through the whole thing, my man. I'm maybe 40% done? For some reason, Hampton is the one I'm looking forward to hearing.

warewolf95 and Clanceman like this.
  3. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I`ve been going back and fourth between the live shows.The Live In Japan DVD is my favorite.

warewolf95, Clanceman and SammyJoe like this.
  4. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Apart from the Aragon show I haven’t heard any of the live CDs, I’m stuck on the rough mix and demos CDs. Wow, I just keep replaying them. Fantastic stuff.

I did watch both DVDs, and I love all 3 shows, but that Japan show is something else. Love that the camera is stationary and the sound is from the board. Very enjoyable to watch, and they really do put on a blistering performance.

5. manofatom

manofatom Forum Resident

I got mine in the UK
    No German ratings sticker.
    Both info sheets, the EU one in a separate layer of shrinkwrap to the US one. Different barcodes on each sheet.

robtodd likes this.
  6. panicproject

panicproject VinylVinylVinylVinyl

My box set has finally arrived!!! Can't wait to get stuck in!

7. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

Got mine today!!!, #01310, man, what a joy, this really is a gem, nice to go back and think of the old days as a young Metallica fan, the book is beautiful, now I'm checking the live dvd 1, and preparing for the Nagoya show

The circle is now complete :edthumbs:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Can't wait for the Justice boxset, and I wonder what they have in mind for the black album box; they have already released demos, bsides, even elevator versions of some of the songs, "A Year And A Half" HD?, deleted scenes, hope a lot of upgraded 92, 93 and 94 shows, we'll see

8. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

I love the live shows from this period. They are pretty short (45 or so opening, 90 or so headlining) so you can just put one on and slam away an hour like nothing. :)

steveharris likes this.
  9. warewolf95

I'm curious too. There's a TON of fantastic audio and video already on the bootleg circuit - hell there's about 10 professional videos of shows (screen feeds).
    It'd be cool to get a compilation perhaps of unreleased/already out there stuff maybe. I'm a full show kind of guy but there's just SO MUCH already out there I have no idea in hell what they are going to do, haha.

As for 93-95, I'd love a Live S### box set to cover that period. It's a big transition era and belongs a bit to the Black album but also to the Load era as well, and I can't call it either way which era I'd associate the period with more. A complete pro shot Donington 1995 is like the "holy grail" for this era, so we'll see. :)

Stormrider77 and stonesfcr like this.
  10. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

I remember reading a Lars interview were he states that he has a vault with every show from that tour pro shot, I hope they focus on that, even iirc recently the band made a call to fans looking for footage, but I think its gonna be hard to find fan footage that's not already uploaded on youtube

My wishlist:
    -LA Forum 92 show
    -Some of the final shows from 93
    -94 show with Danzig jammming London Dungeon, Green Hell and Last Caress
    -Director's cut "A Year and a Half" HD

I wonder how much of the Justice tour was filmed like the Seattle show from Live ****, if there's proshot of the Brazil 89 shows would be amazing, some of that shows are fanfilmed on youtube and the band and audience are amazing, but it looks like they were no cameras onstage

11. warewolf95

God any Justice stuff would be incredible. There's a partial pro shot of the Philadelphia Justice show from a screen feed, so maybe Lars and co., we can dream, have a couple tucked away from the tour. :)

I'm with you on getting something from the 1993 leg of the Black Album tour. Awesome setlist for those final European gigs. Thankfully we do have Milton Keynes and Basel (mostly) complete pro shots available if they don't give us something from them. :)

A pro shot of 3/1/93 Mexico City, aka a Live S### gig, is in the trading circles as well. Someone on youtube synched up the LS audio to it and it's killer. That'd be great to have a proper "produced" version of.

But like I said, there's a million options, many we probably have no idea about, so there's basically no way they can let me down. :)

Actually, Sad But True from 8/12/91 was aired on MTV - it's one of the only shows where they did Holier Than Thou. I'd take a full pro shot of that gig! :)

12. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

Roon shows the UK MFN with a DR of 6 as well.

toddrhodes likes this.
  13. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

I wonder if they'll include the $5.98 EP with the AJFA box set and if there will be any shows from the VH Monsters of Rock tour included. That tour was my first time seeing Metallica live (East Rutherford NJ). There is an audience shot version of the entire performance of that show on YouTube.

I did get the box set two weeks ago but haven't even cracked it open yet (too busy and totalled my car, damn deer). Hopefully I'll get to open it soon.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  14. HankM

HankM Senior Member

I'm also hoping they include some footage of the Monsters Of Rock tour in the AJFA box set. That would be pretty cool.

15. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I was thinking the same thing, regarding the 5.98$ EP. I’d love to get the vinyl copy in the new box, as well as outtakes from that session. The Justice boxset is something I’ve been waiting for a long time.

The Master box is mind blowing, you are really going to enjoy it once you crack it open. Enjoy, and sorry to hear about the car. Hope you weren’t hurt.

16. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

For Metallica S/T boxset I'm really hoping for A Year and a Half... in HD as well as Monsters of Rock in Moscow 1991 full performance remaster.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

I have the EU and it is P. USA. The box has an additional wrap around with the picture of the contents plus track listings. This has a barcode with different numbering plus to the right of the Blackened logo 12 and 15 content ratings.

18. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

19. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

It’s another sticker/wraparound over the box in addition to the US one. At least it was on my box.

20. panicproject

panicproject VinylVinylVinylVinyl

yes. its basically the same box and contents. just sticker/card listing thing is different for the EU to the US.

21. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

This record came in the box set? If yes thats probably why I'd imagine..

22. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

OK they finally got me. Their best album, really expanded, found at a decent price. Can’t wait to get this.

23. klaw

klaw Forum Resident

Thanks for the answers regarding the dvd sticker/info sheet.

Finally ordered the box this weekend.
    Can't wait to dig into all the demo and live material! The main album remaster is the least interesting to me - just as it was with the two first boxes.

nodeerforamonth and panicproject like this.
  24. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Well, it took 18 days to deliver the package from US to my local post office, going to pick it up tomorrow.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I`m still blown away by all of the rough mixes demos & riffs.It means more to me being one of my all time favorites but I can`t get over actually appreciating how well this stuff has been presented here.Everything seems to have been very well thought out.Most of all I really like all of this music from every stage of development.
    They seemed to have taken more care with the sound also.All of these seem more crankable than the Lightning demos.