Acoustic Sounds 50% Off 245 Titles Inc. SACDs !!!!!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Myke, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TW2014

TW2014 Active Member

This helps ease the sting of the (apparent) lack of discount going forward on AP releases, as I placed a mammoth order for 51 SACDs, as well as a few other titles ($90 worth, at 15% off) to qualify for free shipping.

2. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Can't wait for my shipment ! Great prices on those nice SACDs ! ;)

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Got me for $150. Could have been MUCH worse.

Blair G., recstar24 and imajindat like this.
  4. mrbooboy

mrbooboy Forum Resident

I ordered an SACD last night and it initially showed $18 shipping. I indicated in the shipping instructions to send via least expensive option and the amount I was charged was just over $3.

5. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

FWIW to other Canadians, last time I checked only Elusive Disc ships media mail to Canada, though Acoustic Sounds cheaper FedEx option was around $2 per disk.

6. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

Thanks @MYKE for this thread. Just ordered 3 Beach Boys sacd's very cheaply.

DanG and Myke like this.
  7. ralf11

ralf11 Forum Resident

$90 worth but still shows a shipping charge??

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

You're welcome. I got the e mail, and knew a thread to spread the word was needed.
    :tiphat:

9. Myke

The sale items don't qualify for the same free shipping as usual.

[​IMG]

10. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Any recommendations on Beach Boys vinyl 200 gram or are they all solid?

Thank you , Myke, again for the heads up on this sale!

Myke and imajindat like this.
  11. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

For any international buyers on here...how long does it usually take for them to get back to you with postage quotes?

I picked up some items on Saturday and asked them to quote USPS shipping (anyone else would result in 100% taxes at the border). But as of today I haven't received any updates. Just curious really. I don't usually buy from them, or haven't in years, so I'm not sure how long it usually takes for them to get back or if it's worth chasing up after only a business day. I expect they are probably busy with the sale.

12. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

ok......

Roger Waters - Amused To Death
    Beach Boys - Surf's Up
    Beach Boys - Sunflower

Thanks for the heads up on this Myke!

13. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

My wallet hates you, Myke!

14. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Better to phone. I ordered yesterday and still haven't received an email confirmation.

15. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

I ordered on Saturday and my order is still in progress, they must be swamped.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  16. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I ordered over the weekend and got confirmation yesterday.

17. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Still waiting for them to credit me back...anyone have this problem before??

18. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

My order got held up too with the same vague reason of a cost adjustment given when I log into my account. I'm guessing it was the free shipping issue, but I called in and asked them to put it on media mail and it was dirt cheap, a lot less than what was coming up before, so kudos to those who suggest adding that in the "special instructions" because they certainly sound more than willing to ship it that way.

19. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

For those of you reading this who might be on the fence about trying a title at 45rpm, this is a great opportunity. You probably could sell it for what you paid down the road.

For this sale, I picked up -

Phoebe Snow s/t
    Ike Quebec - It Might As Well Be Spring
    Tony Bennett - Live At Carnegie Hall (I have this title on a 360 label. Not one of my favorite Bennett records, but I wanted to hear what going back to the 3-track master for this would do for the sonics. There are some stellar moments, but also too many that sound like Vegas, baby, Vegas.

There are some great titles there which I already have. The Wes Montgomery Smokin' At The Half Note and the Illinois Jacquet Swing's the Thing are near the top.

johnnypaddock and recstar24 like this.
  20. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Ended up also adding The Beach Boys, Surfin' USA to my order. Pumped to get these for christmas!

21. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

Decided I couldn't pass this sale up, ordered all the Beach Boys SACDs, Eddie Money SACD, Sonny Rollins Saxophone Colossus SACD, Sonny Rollins Vol. 2 45 rpm, Hank Mobley No Room For Squares 45 rpm and Beach Boys Surfer Girl lp

Galley, recstar24 and Myke like this.
  22. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Great minds! Had to get the phoebe snow. Fell in love with the s/t way back when I picked up the shelter CD mastered by Steve in a used bin for 0.99 cents. Have the Friday music vinyl cut by Kevin but I believe from a digital master so looking forward to hearing the AP 45. I also snagged the art Blakey impulse and Freddie Hubbard hub cap.

Knew I should have kept the Wes in my cart! Took it out when my wallet started to shiver a bit.

23. vette442

vette442 Senior Member

Yikes - Thankfully they do not accept a PayPal Credit with the 6 months with no interest! Had to stop at 48 SACDs and 45rpms. This sale gave me a chance to get most Prestige mono SACDs and many Verve 45rpms at a great price. I had twice as many items in my cart at first including the Verve SACD titles for which the vinyl was not on sale. (I put those back based on the mixed reviews of the SACDs vs. the 45s as well as the crazy cart total I had going.) I'm trying out the 45rpm Skynyrd Gimme Back My Bullets at full price too.

I'll be posting a bunch of mint XRCDs and duplicate 45rpms to the Classifieds in mid-December to lessen the hit!

Terry

24. Myke

You won't be disappointed. Warm, and clean, not muddy like we got back in '76.

25. marka

marka Forum Resident

That's a bit bizarre. When given a list of options, my expectation is that they wouldn't leave off the cheapest option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.