Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

would seem that the discount this go-round (if still active) is only once per account? i've tried multiple items to no avail after using it on monday.

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I went to Grimey's to get this in person, the day it came out in 2011. Sadly, there's no revelation here. No extra detail, or clarity, it's just a nice, quiet reissue.
    Getting it at a reduced price is a plus.

3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

I was able to place two orders today with discount

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

ok i just went nuts and added a bunch of stuff to my cart to see if i could get it to work. *something* in there is eligible. i'll retract my prior comments!

struttincool and latheofheaven like this.
  5. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

If anyone still needs titles to fill their carts, my "Moondance" just came today. KG+SH in deadwax. I never imagined this album could sound so good. And for $13.73!

dee, Opeth and azjvm05 like this.
  6. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, I got that Skynard as well along with way too many other albums haha

7. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Sadly pretty much the same with entire LS catalog but great price for MFSL.
    The new 45 rpms tell the same story at twice the price.

8. dee

dee Senior Member

Very tempting...

psulioninks and latheofheaven like this.
  9. 8tracks

8tracks Forum Addict

The code I cracked was if an LP is a "Prime member exclusive" (i.e. Black Keys - Turn Blue for $11.88 or Metallica - Kill 'Em All for $11.93.) then it is ineligible for the promo.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  10. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

$33.44?

Are you paying Tax-free?

11. lightbulb

He paid .20 cents for every month he was able to enjoy the music...
    In theory.
    ;)

12. 8tracks

8tracks Forum Addict

No. I figured since tax rates differs from state to state and some states don't collect it I left it out. I should've stated "$33.44 plus tax"

latheofheaven and lightbulb like this.
  13. Myke

No, Kevin found a little more detail with the APs. The 33 1/3 Second Helping is superior.

14. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

I don't own a copy of the album so this'll likely be my only one! Usually, their master tapes aren't used on the Silver Series so I'm not surprised.

Myke likes this.
  15. hype

hype Forum Resident

Has anyone bought Ryan Adams - 29 from either amazon or best buy this year and received the new Pallas pressed Bernie Grundman version?

imarcq likes this.
  16. Myke

hype and latheofheaven like this.
  17. hype

hype Forum Resident

I always do that as well though in this case the upc brings up 4 different releases on discogs with the older pressings not getting good reviews at all and the newer pallas press getting fantastic reviews. Unless I am missing something else pointing it to be the newer press?

18. Myke

Hate when that happens. :cussing: Right back to rolling the dice, if you can't get a local seller to open one up for you.

hype and latheofheaven like this.
  19. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, i'll just roll the dice probably! You can tell since the new one has a pallas sticker on the front so if it is the wrong one I can just send it back easily enough. Appreciate trying to help though!

Myke and latheofheaven like this.
  20. Myke

You're welcome, I hope it works out on the first try. Thanks to a FS thread in the classifieds, I just learned that Chris Bellman remastered the Johnny Cash American albums, in 2014 !?!?
    Better late than never.
    :tiphat:

21. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

22. lightbulb

Beatles
    Christmas singles box set

Order 2 sets for $128.45, with 40% off the second vinyl box.

With the sale, they are $64.23 each !

23. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

24. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I didn't know this. Has Grundman been redoing some of those earlier Lost Highway pressings? Great news if so!

25. hype

hype Forum Resident

That is the only one I know of that Grundman has done but Bellman has done much of his back catalog and are all Pallas pressed I believe along with being dirt cheap. Someone recapped an update on new pressings a few months ago in another thread.

29 - BG & P.USA in deadwax; poly-lined sleeve [Note: Both the new version and the original version have "180g Audiophile Pressing" hype stickers, but stickers and the mastering/pressings are not the same; the old sticker indicates "Lost Highway" and the new one indicates "Pallas"]
    Follow The Lights - CB & P.USA in deadwax; poly-lined sleeve [Note: This is a new cut and pressing]
    Cold Roses - CB & P.USA in deadwax; poly-lined sleeve [Note: This is a new cut and pressing]
    Gold - CB & P.USA in deadwax; wax-lined paper sleeve [Note: This is a new cut and pressing]
    Cardinology - CB & P.USA in deadwax; wax-lined paper sleeve [Note: This is a new Pallas pressing, but not a new CB cut. It is the exact same CB cut as the original blue vinyl pressing]
    Demolition - Not a new cut or pressing. Don't know who mastered this. It appears there were original pressings pressed at both United and a TBD plant. The current Amazon stock is the non-United pressing. The non-United pressing is solid, but not great.
    S/T - BG & P.USA in dead wax; poly-lined sleeve

after that someone also added that Demolition was a recut Pallas pressing by cb as well. They just need a new great sounding press of Easy Tiger now to replace my mediocre orange copy and i'll be happy!

eddiel, imarcq and latheofheaven like this.