David Cassidy, RIP.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

2. FredV

FredV Senior Member

This might bring a smile.

Twangy and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  3. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Does anyone know if the 7ts twofer of Cherish and Rock Me Baby sounds better than the earlier Buddha releases? I ask mainly as I find the Buddha disc of RMB to be horribly loud. It sounds like a 90s Oasis album.:D If anyone could say whether the 7ts version is an improvement or not, that would be great.

4. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

5. MikaelaArsenault

6. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

They only made the Cassidy one available as a tribute. I don't know why these things aren't up for listening indefinitely. Why do they need to have a limited life?

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. MikaelaArsenault

Really? Limited? That's just nothing but ridiculousness.

8. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

9. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I dislike the first album for the speed up that you mentioned but mostly for having songs not sung by Cassidy. Those songs are like finger nails on chalk board for me. Sound Magazine is my fave just for having Summer Days. I don't know why more folks don't regard Notebook higher as it's easily my second.

Rfreeman and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  10. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

I remember seeing this on TV at the time.

Two things that stand out:

1. Susan Dey at 18:55 ... just :love: :love: :love: :love:

2. And David's astonishingly brilliant performance of 'I Think I Love You' at 21:23.... wow!!! :righton:

What a loss... :cry:

11. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

Thanks for the link! I have never seen that before (I saw the Shirley Jones one). He really had a sort of magnetism.
    I just finished reading his autobiography, and to be honest watching that was pretty emotional. I really admired him as a person - a bit like Elvis - he dealt with the most insane levels of adulation. He had any woman he wanted (and he wanted a lot of women) but no privacy. If I had been in his shoes in the early 1970s I would not have dealt with it as well as he did. I'd probably have ended up in a psych hospital.
    His life was like a rollercoaster - he hit the highest of highs and then kept dropping right down to the bottom - nearly becoming homeless and destitute. He lost nearly everything several times and kept crawling his way back up, but in my opinion the last time was one too far. I don't think you get liver failure from dementia. Just my opinion, but I think he was another George Best. His last few years weren't really him IMO.
    He really had a generous personality when he was sober, he was an intelligent guy and such a good singer - as I said up thread you can't really compare him to the other teen idols - he was on a different level. He was and will be underrated because he was on a TV show and teenage girls liked him, but from my point of view he was a great singer.
    RIP old chap.

Tanx, DesertChaos, Pizza and 3 others like this.
  12. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

Beautifully put :wave:

13. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

14. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Wow, she looks great!

willy likes this.
  15. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

David talking about his role on an episode of Alfred Hitchcock presents.

Still can't find it online.
    I used to have it on an old VHS tape long ago.

Darryl

16. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Darryl

snowman872 and goldenoldie like this.
  17. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

First clip I ever saw of DC performing one of his solo hits.

Darryl

Tanx likes this.
  18. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

I don't have the Buddah of Ch or RMB, but do have the original LP of RMB and can report that the 7ts of RMB is excellent. I seem to recall that the Buddah Ch version was made from tapes far from 1st gen and that the 7ts is from better sources.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  19. Bobby Morrow

It's not that the tapes used for the Buddha version of Rock Me Baby sound bad, it just mastered so loudly. I'm not someone who's hugely sensitive to compression, but RMB distorts pretty much all the way through.. It’s a shame as the Buddha disc is a nice looking package.

Thanks anyway. I'm going to order the 7ts CDs of Cassidy's albums, though they seem to be out of stock everywhere here at the minute.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  20. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

Kind of like the muscle head guy in New Kids on the Block.

21. Bobby Morrow

Did your 7ts CD(s) of Cassidy’s albums ever arrive? I’ve had the right runaround from one (normally reputable) UK Market Place seller who assured me the discs had been dispatched only to admit a week and a half later that they were never actually in stock in the first place!

Anyway, just wondered (if yours came) if they sound good and you’re happy with them.

22. Bobby Morrow

None of the Rollers were classically handsome. There was a roughness to them that perhaps fans enjoyed after slick US acts like the Osmonds and David Cassidy.

23. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

I can't help unfortunately. I ordered the 7ts The Higher They Climb direct from Cherry Red website over 10 days ago and even though it's the only CD of his still in stock on that site, my order is still "processing". No explanation or reason given. Why? Because customer service is low on their list of priorities.
    That website is also so slow to navigate it's like crossing the event horizon of a black hole. Not impressed with them at all.
    If I ever get it I'll post my thoughts and DR values.
    https://www.cherryred.co.uk/artist/david-cassidy/

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  24. Bobby Morrow

I thought about ordering directly from them...I’m glad I didn’t now!

oldturkey likes this.
  25. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

Mozzer's (well meaning but brief) tribute Dec 2nd Madison square Garden:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.