Survivor Season 35: Heroes Vs. Healers Vs. Hustlers

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I've been saying it for years that the producers are influencing Survivor, especially Probst. The questions he throws at them during tribal council are certainly said in a way to get people pointing fingers at one another which shouldn't be the case.

I kind of lose interest when all the "eye candy in bikini's" leave anyway.

Of course Cole will be gone soon, he kick's everyone's ass's in challenges.

It's not about Surviving, it's about "Ganging Up" on the strongest.

Survivor is getting stale.

Start off the game by having EVERYONE separated for the First Three weeks.

No Idols, no select ******** like negating another players vote etc.

Reward challenge you get to pick one other person to go with you

Immunity is just the winner.

Meet at tribal the first three weeks and you will see the weakest leave in droves

applebonkerz and rburly like this.
  2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I agree. My first thought was that they need to go back to the beginning and listen to viewers of the show before the criticisms will stop. I'm at the point now that I may forego the next season.

Tree of Life likes this.
  3. Alert

Alert Forum Resident

These new things where you get to give someone else a vote or you get two votes at a future tribal etc. are just silly and do not advance the game.

Tree of Life likes this.
  4. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

It's been said before, but they need to bring some true hardship back to Survivor. Then there will be a greater appreciation for the stronger players who have survival skills and can provide for the others. The way it is now, they are so well fed that you hardly see any weight loss with some players. Last season, I think some players essentially retained their weight. (Debbie only dropped 1.5 pounds if I remember correctly.)

Tree of Life, applebonkerz and rburly like this.
  5. rburly

Remember the first seasons with little "help"? I think Probst wants to make it a game show, really. They set people up for possible issues when half the people eat Outback meals. I know I'm reiterating things that have been brought up. But, they do need to rethink how much Survivor they want imo.

Tree of Life likes this.
  6. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

It does seem like the rewards have gotten much bigger. In the past, the rewards were something like a jar of rice and bottle of olive oil. Sometimes they would do something more substantial, like a pizza to be shared among the contestants. Now it seems like the rewards are so much larger, often with what appears to be all-you-can eat food (the most recent Outback reward, where they could ask for multiple steaks). And instead of starting out the game with just a machete and a pot to boil water, they are often allowed to haul in as much food as they can from a ship during a time limit. As such, they start out with a cache of food to carry them over until the reward challenges kick in. In the past, even getting a flint to start fire was something that had to be earned. Now it seems they either get it right away or every tribe has one by the end of the first tribal council.

I have to wonder if the lawyers for CBS stepped in at some point and said they couldn't starve the contestants that much anymore. They likely fear liability (or viewer backlash) if a contestant has a severe medical emergency. So they now make it more of a "social" game instead of a survival game.

I also wonder about the water wells they provide. In the past, it seemed like the contestants had to boil water to survive. I don't recall hearing anyone talk about boiling water in recent seasons. I suspect the "well" is really just a buried tank full of already-potable water... perhaps even chlorinated to prevent growth of bacteria.

applebonkerz and rburly like this.
  7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

2 hour show tonight

rburly likes this.
  8. rburly

The commercials for tonight are: "Biggest blindside ever!" Hype (as usual, and yes I'm cynical about this show) or true. Who would be the biggest blindside at this point? Ben?

9. Alert

Alert Forum Resident

Another thing they've done away with is the challenge where they have to wager to eat appealing foods versus unpleasant things (although I never particularly liked that challenge anyway).

John54 and rburly like this.
  10. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Better than that one was the team challenges where they had to eat unpleasant local "delicacies" completely the fastest. Finding out what actually living in that area would entail without the shipped-in American food thrown at them every week now.

11. rburly

OUTWIT * OUTLAST * OUTPLAY * OUTBACK

jriems and GLENN like this.
  12. rburly

The only reason I can think of for all the food they give them is that they don't want starving people making bizarre decisions or possibly that there may have been major issues when the people who have been flown out were having medical problems that could lead to litigation. There's no concern about feeding them fully.

13. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

It was a much better episode last night. I was very happy to see almost everyone strategizing as hard as they did. I thought that Ryan might give Ben that idol at tribal and catch Ben's core alliance turning on him. It didn't matter in the long run though.

Kyhl likes this.
  14. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

things really picked up last night. Devin may not have any 12 letter words in his vocabulary but he's pretty good at figuring out voting strategy. and the making Ben a double agent was a pretty cool idea. pretty sweet to see Joe get the axe. and just when he thought he was safe... :p

Kyhl likes this.
  15. rjp

rjp Senior Member

chrissy reminds me so much of the nuns that taught in the grade school i went to, they were totally condescending and rude and ignorant and completely full of their own holiness. she had better not win. what an ignorant woman. (should have been gone in week one)

devin is good, ashley is good, lauren is good...could be your final 3.

any of the others could go next week........the big ben oust is coming soon, and he will not be happy.

16. John54

John54 Senior Member

I'm cheering for Chrissy and Ryan so I was disappointed when they suddenly went to the bottom and relieved when J. P. got the axe instead of one of them.

I'm not sure why Joe got the boot right after being pulled into that new alliance. But he was one of my least favourites so it's all good.

17. rburly

I thought the editing was poorly done. I know they leave out so much that it's hard to make any sense of TC results. I understand that CBS is telling a story. But after TC, I was left shaking my head.

I watch Big Brother live stream. I see what's left out of the show to make the show make sense. They obviously can't put everything on the show, but at least I know what happened and why they edited the way they did. There is so much down time that things are said and done that make sense when watching the show. Sometimes it's a good story-editing job. Sometimes it's not. To me, once again, Survivor needs some self-reflection to "fix" the show.

John54 likes this.
  18. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

It will be interesting to see where the alliances go next week.

Mike will now be willing to work with Ryan.
    Chrissy will be on board with Ryan and Mike because she now knows that Ben was working with Lauren, Devin and Ashley. A block of three.
    If Ben gets wind that Lauren, Devin and Ashley are trying to oust him next week he may be willing to work with Chrissy, Ryan, and Mike to take out one of the core three of Lauren, Devin and Ashley. Probably Lauren to remove the additional vote.

If Lauren uses the additional vote it could be a tie. Could get exciting.

I work with actuaries on a daily basis. Spent Wed afternoon on a three hour conference with a room full of 40 actuaries. They are smart and strategic to the core. I still see her going farther.

rburly likes this.
  19. rburly

I won't bet against Ben at this point. How or why he wasn't targeted, though he was brought up, I don't know. He has an idol, and I put nothing past him (in a good way).

Chrissy and Devon are gonna be tough before the end. If Lauren and Ashley or some of the others that don't get the air time that some of the others gets to the end, people may start re-thinking their strategies in future seasons. Take out the weaker players first. On second thought, it's fine the way it is right now strategically.

20. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I meant to also mention that being math geeks, actuaries are also very logical so their drama level will be very low. From their perspective logic trumps and any other argument is mute and will be ignored for being faulty. No drama for the camera and less likely to cause a rift.

Also, being a female actuary, there is a high probability that she is left handed. I haven't paid attention to notice if that is true with Chrissy though.

xdawg and rburly like this.
  21. rburly

Here's the info for tonight's show:

"Not Going to Rollover and Die" The castaways get a much needed visit from their loved ones; one castaway must snatch an idol in plain sight"

Castaways? Really? I also think I could live 30 days without family. ;)

22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

tonight's show just re-inforced how bad this season really is, the worst one in a long long time.

talk about f**king up, lauren should have gone home, and made to swim while she was at it. she destroyed an immunity idol by giving half of it away and didn't play an advantage (which she didn't even bring to tribal council).

ben is smart......chrissy is evil and devious and just might win now that she has brought ben to his knees......

it will be an interesting finish, but i doubt it can redeem this season.

looking forward to february already.

rburly likes this.
  23. rburly

Somebody is going to have to win every immunity challenge from now on.

If these people were smart enough, tonight would have happened weeks ago.

24. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

That had to be the lamest reward challenge in the history of the show. Draw matching rocks? Really?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  25. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Kyhl and rburly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.