Beach Boys - Wild Honey LP in Stereo - 'Sunshine Tomorrow' 2Cds + live digital release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel1963, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drbeachboy

drbeachboy Forum Resident

I received my US copy last week. It was flat and quiet, but had one loud pop about 4 seconds into Let The Wind Blow. I kept it anyway.

2. pdas1996

pdas1996 Forum Resident

Regarding an end-of-the-year copyright release, from the Smiley Smile board:

"According to the new winter edition of Endless Summer Quarterly, published today:

Sunshine Tomorrow 2 - 29 additional tracks from the Smiley Smile sessions, the Lei'd in Hawaii Wally Heider Studio sessions, and the Wild Honey sessions, including the unreleased "Good News"
    Live Sunshine - 109 performances from 7 shows in 5 states during the 1967 tour"

3. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Woah!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Holy moly that sounds amazing.

Mr. Explorer and Nick Dunning like this.
  5. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Will this be digital only?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed Senior Member

Wowzers! I like it!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  7. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Woow!!!!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

It'd be nice to have an official version of the Smiley Smile sessions.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  9. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Will that be released via iTunes?

10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I don't use i-tunes so I hope this is available on Amazon too or I'm gonna flip out.

107 live tracks...I know exactly which shows these are, in fact I already have them, but will buy official product. They are great shows. But its hard enough for me to pay $14.99 for non-physical media. A set this large might be up there in price.

I wish they all could be...CD releases. I was listening to the Keep An Eye On Summer set his week. Such a great hodge podge of stuffs.Wish the suits would take a gamble on this stuff. Sunshine Tomorrow would have made an awesome 6 CD set.

11. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Please tell me this will be on cd, or at least in flac

12. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

Yeah, I already have the November 1967 shows (Detroit, etc) in excellent quality. What I really want (and hope this includes) is the two complete Hawaii shows.

Mr. Explorer and supermd like this.
  13. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I want those two Hawaii shows, too! They are at the top of my wishlist for this set.

By the way, I checked out the Smiley Smile forum and Mark Linett said this will be released 12/08.

14. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

Clearly digital only then, hopefully I can grab it on Qobuz again.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. MaestroDavros

MaestroDavros Forum Resident

I mean Mark hinted at something big closing the year, but I never imagined it would be THIS big.:bigeek:

Mr. Explorer, Yorick and DeeThomaz like this.
  16. tonewheeltom

tonewheeltom Forum Resident

Most, if not all, of these download-only B.B. releases have been available in 16/44.1, and some at 24/88.2.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Where would I find 16/44.1?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  18. picassoson

picassoson Forum Resident

Super psyched about this - what an exciting time to be a Beach Boys fan. I for one don't mind the digital-only release, and totally understand it. I'd be pretty skeptical that Capitol could recoup investment on a physical release of something like this. In general I really like this model of having a CD/Vinyl best-of sessions released, with a huge digital house-cleaning at the end of the year.

19. tonewheeltom

tonewheeltom Forum Resident

7digital’s US store has the Big Beat 1963, Sacramento 1964, Chicago 1965, and Michigan 1966 all in 16-bit, but I didn’t see Keep An Eye On Summer - Sessions 1964, but that’s in 24-bit on HDTracks and Pro Studio Masters.

20. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Maybe not, Sunshine Tomorrow garnered great reviews, high on Year end lists and it would suggest that the sales were pretty good. I hope my belief is an actuality. Would love to have this on CD.

21. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Right, but I can only take a few of those sorts of big dumps from a small handful of my very favorite artists. Otherwise it only gets played once. The best material usually gets an official release soon after creation/recording or is saved for the next album. I think Dylan is an exception, because he left huge amounts of great material unreleased, a good portion of it better than what made it onto official albums originally. That is very unusual for recording artists.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. picassoson

picassoson Forum Resident

I agree. Dylan is definitely in that category for me, mostly for the reasons you stated. I'm a big enough Beach Boys fanatic though that I want it all, even if it is every redundant scrap of session tape and live shows with mostly the same setlist. I can't think of any other band that I have that level of emotional attachment to.

Mr. Explorer, John Manning and FJFP like this.
  23. mikedifr0923

mikedifr0923 Forum Resident

Wow

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  24. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

I pigged out in the 70s on The Beatles' Get Back Sessions.

25. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I'm in for Sunshine 2 if I can get it lossless. Sunshine (1) was on of my fave rave archive releases of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.