Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

What about if I add a picture ;) I've shared this with fellow LTOV folks so they don't miss out. Not many of us venture out into the wild on here very often... ;)

[​IMG]

3Dman, smartiepants and latheofheaven like this.
  2. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Bowie one has gone now, only available from third party sellers for about £60...... now we wait!!!!

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  3. imarcq

I think Amazon will honour these as they were claiming an in-stock date. Maybe the price might reduce again when it is for those who missed the deal. Fun while it lasted!

latheofheaven likes this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Actually, this is worthless.

All I need is the title, artist, edition, price and link.

This post doesn't provide the price out a clear description of the edition.

In fact there are about 10 posts on this and not a single one provides all the basic info.

5. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

Mine has benn dispatched.

Thanks to the poster who alerted us to this deal!

6. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Apart from a link that would have taken you less time to click on than type that nonsense, find your own bargains...I'm done

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  7. imarcq

Now you know why folks just hang out in LTOV and usually stay there! ;) Thanks again for the link. :) I'm going back to writing my chrimbo cards haha :)

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Links with no info are worthless. Most of the postings on these threads are for things that either I don't want or things that aren't cheap enough to want. They're ok to post--someone probably thinks they're a good deal. But I don't want them.

Same goes for mine or anyone else's posts.

I'm not going to bother to click though to Amazon every time someone posts a link because most of it is a waste of time for me.

Same with any deals I would post. Most aren't going to be of interest to the average person.

----- o -----

Here's a good post for the Bowie set. It has all the info anyone would want in a thread like this. it will come up in searches. And in a few days, when someone looks at it, they won't wonder "what was that [now broken] link for, or why is that a deal [when the price has changed]?"

David Bowie: Man Who Fell to Earth Deluxe Box set (2CD, 2LP).
    £49.95
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KGH78BK
    [​IMG]

lightbulb, Lethrus, JonMcK and 3 others like this.
  9. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I gotta ask, what the heck is LTOV? It's probably so simple it's evading me, but, evading me it is....

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  10. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

11. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I know you're getting pushback from some people, but I have to toss my support in your direction. It's obviously far more helpful to give basic info, including the deal price, particularly for someone who might see the post many hours or even days later. That being said, if someone wants to participate by just posting links and not posting any additional information, I'm also free to simply ignore those posts.

12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I'll also wade in and say that while I appreciate anyone posting what they think is a good deal here, I basically agree with kwadguy (and others who've shared the same sentiments) that it is annoying when those posts are just a hotlink and don't include any info on what is being linked to, and what the sale price is. Most of the reasons are well-explained above.

Another reason is the #$!!** viglink redirects that often accompany any link to, say, Amazon UK, which redirect to the Amazon US site. It is nice to know what the actual item is, so you can go find it directly in such cases. And yes I know there is a way to disable viglink (I was one who posted about that here originally) but viglink does not stay disabled if you dump tracking cookies regularly, like I do.

Anyway, my $.02 on this matter..

13. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Well, I personally have found your posts and comments most helpful, thank you! :) Please don't let one person's frustration take away your helpfulness.

I think that member just needs a little finesse... [​IMG]

lightbulb, struttincool and imarcq like this.
  14. latheofheaven

I THINK he is referring to the nice 'Listening To On Vinyl' thread where it's just a very pleasant, laid-back, and very friendly atmosphere. Everyone posts what they are currently listening to, usually with a picture of the album and their TT. I will tell you, that even after almost 40 years of collecting vinyl, I have seen a ton of albums that I've NEVER ever even seen before on that thread. I thought some of MY stuff was obscure...

Cheers! :tiphat:

lightbulb, frogfog and DLD like this.
  15. imarcq

Listening To On Vinyl thread :) too easy hey? :)

16. DLD

DLD Senior Member

SSIEM
    (So Simple It Evaded Me)

17. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

DLD, riverrat and latheofheaven like this.
  18. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Looks like that works great. Doesn't "open link in new tab" but certainly goes around the viglink redirect.

Thanks for the tip vb. Useful since I lean toward the technically challenged end of the scale..

19. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

From one technically challenged person to another........:tiphat:

imarcq, mrjinks and latheofheaven like this.
  20. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident

21. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

22. latheofheaven

Hmmm, don't know if I'm getting notifications from this thread. Hopefully, now I will :)

23. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature Thread Starter

Do you subscribe to the thread use the "Watch Thread" function? Shouldn't miss a new post using that.

[​IMG]

24. imarcq

And now you have a new notification because I've just typed whibble! :) Hurry hurry don't miss out! :) :)

superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  25. latheofheaven

Well, I bloody KNOW my whibble! [​IMG]

Thanks both of you. I thought that once I commented that it would always notify me. But, then sometimes a few weeks will go by and I KNOW by then some of you must have posted something. I'll try the 'Watch Thread' thing.

Cheers! :tiphat:

And YES, vinyls ARE bloody forever! [​IMG]

imarcq likes this.