New Morrissey album, "Low in High-School"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DwarfMcDougal, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveCooks

SteveCooks Senior Member

I bought the blue vinyl version today and was surprised that all the titles on the back cover were translated in French!

It comes with a download coupon. Do you know if it's mp3 or flac ?

SweetTea likes this.
  2. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

The reason the album sold even that many copies is due to the huge amount of different editions. I don't recall another album having so many different coloured vinyl options.
    In it second weeks of sales the album has plummeted to no 48.

e.s. and Man at C&A like this.
  3. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

As well as a cassette! Surprisingly no 'deluxe' CD though. Just an ordinary jewel case CD.

bob60 likes this.
  4. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

Really? I understand the renewed interest in vinyl, but I’d never go back to cassette. I thought they were gone for good.

Man at C&A likes this.
  5. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

You would have thought so, but sales are slowly going up. I don't know why. Teenage Fanclub's last album was issued on cassette too.

I would think that the Morrissey tape was very limited. I haven't seen one for sale anywhere. It was cheap. Around £6.

johnnyyen likes this.
  6. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

Morrisons and Tesco have an additional slip case on theirs :)

[​IMG]

Man at C&A likes this.
  7. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

They did this with Manic Street Preachers - Journal For Plague Lovers a few years ago too.

8. wallpaperman

wallpaperman Forum Resident

You have concrete evidence of this I assume?

I can't think in this day and age when vinyl is pretty expensive there are that many completists that would buy every option. I can't even imagine buying more than one format of any new release, but then again I buy for the music, not to 'collect'.

Of course it's dropped heavily in week two, we are in the period of Christmas album and greatest hits gridlock in the chart.

9. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

You are on a music forum and are surprised that long time dedicated fans buy different editions of the same album.?
    Have you even bothered to read all of the posts on this thread?

e.s. likes this.
  10. wallpaperman

wallpaperman Forum Resident

From memory there were a couple of people on this thread who bought both the vinyl and CD, and someone had bought the cassette and another format. Also other people (not just me) who clearly stated that they had just bought one format. So how does that back up your assertion?

Going by your logic the likely multi format buyers would probably be buying the record plus another copy of the record with different colour vinyl or maybe the CD. Yet, the vinyl versions only accounted for 25% of the sales. Kind of blows your argument out of the water?

This forum is not representative of music buyers on the whole, of course you are going to get some multi format buyers on here, I would expect nothing less.

11. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

I forgot about that :D That cover caused a bit of a fuss back then for sure.

Man at C&A likes this.
  12. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I bought one. A really good album.

13. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Maybe they will release a deluxe edition at a later date like they did with You Are The Quarry?

14. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Of course they will. I won't buy that either!

15. SteveCooks

SteveCooks Senior Member

Bump !

16. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Well, that tipped the scales. After giving the last few Morrisey albums a pass, this song got me to pick up Low in High School. Too early to form an opinion, but glad I took the leap.

17. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Great song!

SweetTea likes this.
  18. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I'm liking Jacky too.

19. friendofafriend

friendofafriend Forum Resident

So far , I’m actually surprised at how much I am loving this album. Lots of good melodies and lyrics. I’ve been mainly listening to the cassette on my old Sony Walkman. I also have the cd, but I’ve been preferring the cassette for some reason. I’d like to buy a vinyl version but haven’t found one yet. So many colors, but not a single one available at any record store I’ve been to since it was released.

DrStroganoff likes this.
  20. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I should send you my old Moz cassettes that I hardly ever play anymore! :D

friendofafriend likes this.
  21. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

I'm getting confused now was he singing "Exit Brexit"

22. I had a small group of 8 people over saturday for a record party. Food drinks music. They all picked Records to play from my collection - all are not vinyl record folks so it excited them.

Anyway someone chose the new Morrissey record from my new release bin and we blasted it. I gotta say it sound fab and they all really loved it. Two of the people saw him live a few weeks ago here in Seattle and recognized a couple of the songs.

D.B., 3Dman, DesertHermit and 5 others like this.
  23. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

It's one of the most played LP's in this home at the moment. One of his best and bang on the money. A Deluxe with extra tracks would be very welcome.

SweetTea likes this.
  24. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I saw him this past Saturday evening here in New York, The Garden Theatre, Morrissey was in excellent form. Great selection of songs, much better performance then his 2015 concerts.
    I've seen Morrissey 4 times now. His fans are very devoted, people were dancing in the aisles.

SweetTea likes this.
  25. SweetTea

SweetTea Forum Resident

Seeing him Thursday for my 4th show since 2015. He puts on a great show & I'm very excited to hear these new songs live in person. I'm also hoping he keeps some of the older ones in too like Hold Onto Your Friends. I hope the crowd is as into it as I will be & I'm surrounded by those devoted fans.

mooseman and JeffMo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.