Chris Robinson's new Black Crowes project

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cable hogue, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Source?

Rockin' Robby likes this.
  2. Further

Further Forum Resident

The fact that the fans have accepted John Hogg singing those songs now probably has a lot to do with it. His ego is too big to handle it.

There was a time where it just wouldn’t have seemed possible to hear these songs unless it was Chris who decided to play nice and sing them. That time is gone and the legacy of the Crowes music is being dealt with in the right way now - being played by the right people who have the decency to treat it with the respect it deserves and coming from a very positive place of genuine love and and appreciation for it, rather than some ragtag cash cow that can be trotted out every few years for the money, slowly stripping away all that’s left of their dignity and integrity.

Once The Magpie Salute release their double album next year, it’s gonna be full steam ahead.

3. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Here’s a sample of ‘em!

4. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

Chris married Sharon Osbourne?

Matthew Tate and BNell like this.
  5. California Couple

I think this is exactly correct. Make a demand you know they cannot accept.

6. Further

Further Forum Resident

That’s certainly possible BUT why be out to create bad blood and burn bridges? All he had to say was “I’m not interested in doing the tour”, “I just wanna do my own thing for awhile” or “I’ve decided to leave the band”.

Rockin' Robby and budwhite like this.
  7. California Couple

"touring with the Tedeschi Trucks Band was probably the best touring experience. Great friendships were forged on that. It also opened my eyes to kind of how dysfunctional — and I don’t really want to get into it — how dysfunctional and how disappointed I was with where the Black Crowes ended up. Which hurt. It hurts a person like me who’s very altruistic, in those terms."

I have done this same thing with a girl before. And then later regretted the way I did it. I just wanted a drastic, no return, break it off for good thing.

I think he too wanted a drastic break which would end it for good.

8. California Couple

Can someone point me to the website that has all the Crowes info. Song by song breakdown. I think it has a logo which is all black and white but has a colored flag in it.

9. jazz_case

jazz_case Forum Resident

the mighty crowesbase song.listing ---> Song.Listing

10. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

www.crowesbase.com ?

Hep Alien and California Couple like this.
  11. cable hogue

cable hogue Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah. Again, I point to his manager. You can tell on the Stern show she clearly is not fond of Rich.

Rich even said in 2016: "He's eliminated anyone who will tell him the truth...and his wife was integral in this whole decision."

I'm not letting Chris off the hook by any means, but with better management (one a little removed from the situation), CR's 'demands' probably would've been delivered in a softer tone.

12. cable hogue

For a little context: Before marrying and managing Chris, Allison Bridges was a yoga instructor.

13. Rockin' Robby

Rockin' Robby Gettin' down so low I'm below ground!

I dated a yoga instructor once as well. She had demands too, but I didn't mind meeting them! :uhhuh:

14. Graham

Graham Senior Member

This couldn’t get more Spinal Tap.

art, Almost Simon, Hep Alien and 4 others like this.
  15. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

CRB - Digging Barefoot In The Head. Like non stop since I got it.

16. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Rockin' Robby likes this.
  17. cable hogue

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  18. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Oh crikey, after 7 pages I finally see this thread. What to think!

Well I saw CRB in London a few years back, superb they were, would've gone to see Rich's version but dates were when I was on holiday. CRB back in London in the new year but I've held off buying a ticket, assuming they've sold out. I haven't really gotten around to listening to all their recent material (weird for me to say but they're almost too prolific for my ears.)

Now this? Is CRB still going? Are they splitting? Is it a race between Chris and Bob Dylan to see how many hotel rooms they can visit in a calendar year? Always on tour!

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  19. California Couple

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think those two are good, but not the rest.

ps: the Rose knows

20. Almost Simon

Some great tunes on their albums. I've been impressed in the main.

ianuaditis likes this.
  21. cable hogue

This is a second hand rumor that I can't verify but I'll just throw it out there for fun:

The Robinson Brothers were offered a slot at next year's Willie Nelson's Luck Reunion.

One brother (I don't know which) said yes, the other said no.

Hep Alien, Matthew Tate and jazz_case like this.
  22. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I’d guess Rich would give an adamant ‘no’.

painted8 likes this.
  23. cable hogue

That was my guess, too.

24. Almost Simon

There's a good biography in the Black Crowes and their assorted off-shoot bands. I'd be interested to read that book!

25. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

Been a Crowes fan since '90. Picked them all up on vinyl. Never even considered I'd listen to someone else singing their tunes. But the LP is good. Heard some live stuff and it sounds great. Need to go see them live when they come over here again. Looking forward to hearing a new LP. This just reminds me why I never read (auto)biographies, except Tom Baker's.

jazz_case likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.