Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

I had a pretty good experience ordering these. Well, I only got 4 of them (so far)- RAM, Band on the Run, Venus & Mars and At the Speed of Sound. I wasn't going to buy any of them, but I caved after reading this thread. Ack! :D

I placed my order for these from UDiscoverUS on Wednesday night Nov.22nd. The order was shipped on Tuesday Nov. 28th (from UMG in Wisconsin, UPS Ground) and was delivered on Friday Dec. 1st.

They used those special record boxes that you can get Amazon to use if you check the box for the special Amazon box. And they put 2 records in each one, so two separate boxes. Both arrived in perfect condition at the same time.

I'm sorry some of you haven't got yours yet, hopefully soon!

Mr. Explorer, mrjinks and e.s. like this.
  2. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Absolutely yes it matches the colour bar. Of the coloured vinyl albums the blue one is my favourite colour. Perhaps in the future we could all choose our own colours for records we buy.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. Flaming Torch

Mr. Explorer and BeatlesBop like this.
  4. Flaming Torch

Regarding the UK I do not believe the colored vinyl versions were available outside of the Universal sites.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  5. Martin de Dios

Martin de Dios Forum Resident

6. beatman61

beatman61 Well-Known Member

OK Jeffrye B got his order fast from UDiscover. I order the 8 LPS in October and they are still show as processing? Mazzy have you heard anything else. I emailed them a few days ago and haven't heard anything.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  7. Crickets.....

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Excellent:

;)

9. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

It's working! ;)

Actually, in all honesty, the LAST thing I'd want is for you Brits to start adopting US methods of ... wait for it ... behaviour. :wave:

10. Antx

Antx Forum Resident

Ordered mine on the 18th October from Canada... arrived Scotland 18th November.... had no idea they’d shipped as last update was they were delayed email around the 15th... granted only ordered BOTR n V&M was expecting customs charges but nope sailed through no issues.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

It almost seems like if you ordered early on, you are penalized for it. Soundstagedirect has had my money since October 7th. Mazzy's crickets are more than I'm hearing. But, I will continue to wait.........

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  12. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Fantastic. Nice work from Koeppel Design – I need to get me one of those.

Kate Koeppel, Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  13. [​IMG]

14. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

Looks like Dear Boy is currently playing

Mazzy likes this.
  15. December 5th afternoon: I JUST got this update that actually tells me nothing. :tiphat:

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply! Our apologies for any confusion. Please be assured that we did not intend to mislead you in regards to the shipping timeline for your order.

We have just contacted our warehouse regarding your order and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible. Our apologies for any inconvenience!

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience and support,
    Hayley + FH Customer Help

She was responding to my last email sent December 1st:

Since I haven’t got any specific updated shipping date, I was last told they would ship the week of November 20th (it didn’t happen). I really need these by December 10th as these are gifts for Hannukah which is December 12th this year.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

"as soon as possible"

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  17. Yup. “They didn’t intend to mislead me.”

Just twice told me dates they would ship by.

Oh well. It’s almost cocktail time. :tiphat:

Mr. Explorer and e.s. like this.
  18. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

If you want the LPs by Hanukkah, you will need to call in reinforcements:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Mr. Explorer and Rob Hughes like this.

19. I just replied and requested the phone number for the warehouse so I could call the warehouse myself since I own my own phone. :tiphat:

Mr. Explorer and e.s. like this.
  20. The Uni web site still shows the colored vinyl as available. With this included:

More Information
    Available Date 11-17-2017

Really?
    More Information
    Available Date 11-17-2017 :tiphat:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. matt0505

matt0505 Forum Resident

I picked up all the colored vinyl (other than Pipes of Peace, didn't have that one) from my local record store yesterday. Had about $50 in store credit so got a pretty decent price out the door. I hadn't really heard any of these McCartney reissues before now, from what I've heard so far, they sound great. And yeah the colored vinyl looks nice too lol.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. LePompDior

LePompDior Forum Resident

Found everything but RAM at my local. Ordered RAM off of Udiscover on Sunday, got tracking number today. Can’t believe older orders aren’t getting fulfilled. What gives!?

23. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Mazzy I rec'd a very similar email from Udiscover this morning as a response to my inquiry from last Friday (11/24.) This evening I rec'd a notice that my order has shipped. I'll believe it when I see it, and that they got the order correct, but I feel like some progress was made today. Hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you.

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  24. lennonology

lennonology Formerly pas10003

I have a full set of the colored vinyl LPs on sale in the marketplace.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

Hep Alien likes this.
  25. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

I just wrote uDiscover a concerned email as well. Told them folks are ordering this and getting shipping already. I ordered and paid in October. Maybe I should start looking local. I find it bizarre that the for these "limited editions", everyone is getting them but the people who ordered on the presale date from the actual source. I will never preorder from uDiscover again.

I also spoke to SoundStageDirect who said my order is still "processing" because they haven't received these from the supplier yet. They also said the supplier is not very responsive to requests. Sound familiar?

mrjinks and forthlin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.