Star Trek and Quentin Tarantino

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

You fellas have already covered it all, but the fact is that Tarantino has never made a movie that wasn't loaded with graphic violence and an abundance of obscenities. Literally every movie he has done. That's not a judgment, I mean good or bad, his movies are always entertaining. But his style is basically the opposite of the style of the Star Trek universe. So this is a match made in hell in my opinion.

Rachael Bee, Dave and Deesky like this.
  2. Werner Berghofer

Werner Berghofer Forum Resident

Everything, and much more.

3. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

Soundtrack could be fun.

BluesOvertookMe, sunspot42 and vince like this.
  4. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

There was also talk of Tarantino to do a Bond film, and maybe a Hendrix biopic. They never fell through. The question is: is whoever owns the Star Trek franchise ready to bastardize it after JJ Abrams has had his way with it?

5. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Instead of defeating the enemy with the Beastie Boys, the heroes of Tarantino's trek will win the big finale space battle by playing some obscure slice of AM Gold.

supermd, BGLeduc and sunspot42 like this.
  6. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

It's already been done in Discovery.

sunspot42 likes this.
  7. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

"I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE M-FING TRIBBLES ON THIS M-FING SPACE STATION!" :laugh:

8. Higlander

Higlander Well-Known Member

The only thing I see that resembles Star Trek in any shape or form, is Seth McFarlane's Orville show.
    Everything else has tried to be trendy, and dark and dreary.

Deesky likes this.
  9. :laughup::laughup::laughup:

dkmonroe likes this.
  10. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I'm blatantly borrowing this from a different thread, but sill applicable for my reaction
    [​IMG]

11. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I was gonna say.... though "Guardians.." have that AM Gold stuff locked.

12. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Starring Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Harvey Keitel and Kurt Russell. :)

13. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Tom Hardy as Picard.

[​IMG]

Well, he's already had practice...

BGLeduc likes this.
  14. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Hey it could work,have oh say-Travolta as the evil Romulan[Plasticface]and his equally evil second in command-Samuel L. Jackson as[Angryguy With Big Jerrycurl],blood everywhere until our heroes step in and save the day...GO FOR IT..LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!!!

15. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

What other sci-fi movies will Tarantino be ripping off when he writes the script? Wrath Of Khan has already been done.

BluesOvertookMe and mBen989 like this.
  16. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I would absolutely love to see a Tarantino version of Star Trek!

Propinquity and Encuentro like this.
  17. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

Funny because this is from a remake.

Graham likes this.
  18. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

If David Lynch was able to make movies like The Elephant Man and The Straight Story, I absolutely have no doubt that Tarantino could create a superb Start Trek movie. He's a talented story teller and the best Start Trek films/episodes were drive by strong stories. He know how to create tension and danger and it's about time we had a Star Trek film with a scene as powerful as the opening scene from Inglorious Basterdz.

19. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

"Dead Mugatu storage".

johnaltman and sunspot42 like this.
  20. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

"I didn't cross the F'in Smokay Mountins and 2-hunded lite years of spaced to just waste Romulans, no, I's wants their pointy ears on a stick. So. boys ya'all err gonna need a sheet-load auf sticks cause there ain't know wood in the cold vacuum auf spaced...."

21. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Star Trek is an unlikely playground to do it in, but it could be a good exercise for Tarantino to be forced to make a film that didn’t rely on violence and swearing for its impact.

sunspot42 likes this.
  22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Where I will agree is that Quentin is very anti-digital for a lot of things. He notoriously dislikes digital timecode slates and demands traditional "dumb slates" on set, which makes post-production a bit more difficult. And he insists on shooting on film... although the movie is digitized from that point forward, cut digitally, screened digitally, color-timed digitally, and released in digital form (except for a handful of print theaters still in existence).

[​IMG]

I think it's being cast right now but there's some very heavyweight names attached. What surprises me is that even though it's about the Charlie Manson mass killings, Manson is reportedly only barely in it.

"It's already known Tarantino has his eyes on Margot Robbie for the role of slain starlet Sharon Tate (sorry, Jennifer Lawrence). Now, Vanity Fair also reports that Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio are in talks for leading roles."

Quentin Tarantino Is Ditching Weinstein for Sony

alexpop, Simon A and budwhite like this.
  23. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

" I hear they got some tasty burgers on Vulcan." :)

[​IMG]

24. Explain! :D

25. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Dr Evil. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.