Fleetwood Mac 2018 Reunion/Farewell Tour...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmpatrick, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmpatrick

jmpatrick Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

When did they split up?
    Give me a low key club tour with Peter Green and I'll go.

heepsterandrey, iggyd, snipe and 6 others like this.
  3. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

When some of the men got tired of the other men inserting themselves into their friend's women.

Benno123, keyXVII, lucan_g and 9 others like this.
  4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Fine, great. Bring back some older members, too (those that are still alive or haven't gone bonkers). Make it something special and then be true and let it end.

5. goodboyfred

goodboyfred Forum Resident

Don't think Peter Green gets around too much anymore.

sunking101 and footlooseman like this.
  6. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

I'm not prepared to pay good money to look at an empty stage.

jlf, keyXVII, tkl7 and 5 others like this.
  7. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

So no more Fleetwood Mac albums?

8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Not sure what you mean. As far as I can tell, most former FM members are still alive outside of Bob Welch. Did I miss anyone else? I'd like to see Jeremy Spencer, Danny Kirwan, Bob Weston, Dave Walker, and, of course, Peter Green get up there if only for one song or two.

9. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

He still plays.

ajsmith and Scope J like this.
  10. cungar

cungar Forum Resident

Unimaginable after a mere 50 years

RandelPink, Murph, thxphotog and 3 others like this.
  11. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I'd be (very pleasantly) surprised if Danny Kirwan was in a condition to play. Green and Spencer, maybe. I'm sure Mick Fleetwood and John McVie would do it right away if they could.

Hep Alien likes this.
  12. Shak Cohen

Shak Cohen Forum Resident

Bob Weston died several months before Welch.

Sax-son and GodShifter like this.
  13. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I think it's absolutely hilarious if anyone in this thread seriously thinks anyone from the pre-Buckingham/Nicks lineup will be involved with this tour. Yup, Peter Green will be there alrighty, playing right alongside Stevie, because we all know there is precedent for such a performance, and they'll be on a double bill with Waters, Mason and Gilmour in the re-formed Pink Floyd. Good times.

Larry L, keyXVII, The Beave and 14 others like this.
  14. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

Not really news, that article is from June. They have all stated in separate interviews for the past 2 years that 2018 would be the next World Tour.

15. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Cynic! :p

It doesn’t hurt to wish for something like that, but, sure, it’s far fetched. I think most fans get that.

Sean, Efus and wavethatflag like this.
  16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Oh well :(

seed_drill and sunspot42 like this.
  17. tmwlng

tmwlng Forum Resident

What should be done... The classic seventies line up should tour as Fleetwood Mac for arenas, stadiums, festivals etc... And then Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac could tour with Greenie, Fleetwood and the McVies... Maybe add some special guests here and there... Santana for example who is a huge Peter Green fan... Maybe Joe Perry... Surely a lot of English guitar players have hailed him as well (Clapton, Iommi)... I don't know. It has to do with timing. Don't know how well Green is these days. They are all pushing 70 if not slightly above it.

footlooseman and Hep Alien like this.
  18. wavethatflag

I am that. And intellectually I know the viewpoint is no more valid than optimism but, Lord, I can't help myself.

GodShifter likes this.
  19. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

The worst kind of nasty joke is one that isn't even true. I think this joke would be 'harsh but fair' if it reflected the true state of things, but It's fairly well known that Green returned to performing 2 decades ago and has been in relatively stable mental health since. His demons of the 70s and 80s are mostly long gone and old news.

tkl7, keyXVII, snipe and 2 others like this.
  20. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

Kirwan / Green would be my dream gig if they were up to it. That 69/70 line-up was as good as anyone you care to mention in live performance - I am amazed that they seem so little appreciated round these parts. Every bit as good as the Stones / Who etc... and I personally think they were better (though watching The Who was probably more exciting !).
    Unfortunately I can't see Peter being interested and I have no idea how Danny is these days. Last I heard (hopefully true) was that he was getting good care and being looked after by his ex-wife. I hope he's ok or at least a lot better now but I'd be incredibly surprised if he took up music in public again at this stage.

21. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

This is about as likely to happen as seeing a cat playing a clarinet.

Shak Cohen, sunspot42, Sean and 3 others like this.
  22. wavethatflag

I saw them in 2015, reconstituted with C. McVie, and also with various back-up musicians in the shadows behind the A-team. It was a very good show, but Stevie has lost mobility, and should stay in the pocket. :D

footlooseman and Hep Alien like this.
  23. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

Jeremy Spencer is healthy and still playing/singing. He sounds exactly the same. Check out his slide guitar lessons up on YT! One of the great slide players of all time.

Mick lives in my part of town. He's very active with his club, restaurant, and music, playing all of the time and raising $$ for local charities and Hawaiian music organizations.

24. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Doesn't look like it. That is why Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie ended up recording an album together.

25. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

IIRC, Mick has shown interest in doing something with the Peter Green era version of the band, but it is unlikely he and John could ever use the Fleetwood Mac name without the permission of Lindsey, Christine and Stevie. As others suggested, perhaps if the band did go out on a "Farewell" tour, there could be a way to have an opening Peter Green era set, but one wonders if the masses and casual fans who attend Fleetwood Mac shows would be inclined to sit through an era of music they are likely not familiar with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.