Japan SHM and other CDs on eBay - Too Good to Be True?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by tmtomh, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident Thread Starter

sickboy6 | eBay

This eBay seller has 100% positive feedback, but is selling a boatload of Japan SHM CDs and Blu Spec CDs for prices that seem too good to be true.

For example, he's got the 2013 Japan SHM version of David Sylvian's Gone to Earth at a starting bid of $9.99, while the cheapest one on discogs right now is $117, and according to the sales history it's never gone for less than $30.

The seller does provide detailed photos, and the items sure look authentic from the outside. But it seems fishy. Thoughts?

2. lwh1

lwh1 Forum Resident

I've just checked the "fake free eBay" list of sellers on the www.minilps.net site and he doesn't appear on that. He just seems to have a Smiths title for sale at the moment, I can't find any other titles!

tmtomh likes this.
  3. xj32

xj32 Forum Resident

Damn you @tmtomh...I just decided to chance it. Rain Tree Crow is one of my top albums of all time. So for $10 I bid. We'll see how it goes. :)

tmtomh likes this.
  4. tmtomh

Yeah, I noticed he doesn't appear on that list. But if you click on the link from my initial post, you'll see he has about 60 different titles for sale.

Dave likes this.
  5. lwh1

lwh1 Forum Resident

The other titles don't show up on eBay U.K. site, possibly because he's a U.S.A. seller only.

mestreech and tmtomh like this.
  6. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

100% right.

Dave likes this.
  7. tmtomh

Well, I ordered one from him, and it's 100% authentic - proper printing, inserts, disc matrix, everything. He shipped it within 24 hrs of my payment, and it arrived super well-packed, in a small box rather than a padded mailer. So while it's only one data point, I'd say he's legit and others should probably feel safe buying from him if they want.

8. lwh1

lwh1 Forum Resident

I'm glad to hear that everything turned out ok, and you got a great deal.

tmtomh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.