VPI ADS with SuperScout Master

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jellis77, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Is anyone using an ADS with their VPI Super Scout Master replacing the SDS, and if so what do they think of it?

Many thanks

2. glide

glide Forum Resident

I was using an ADS with my Prime Signature and wound up selling it. Too many issues and a faulty design for a $1000 analog component (IMO). There is a thread about it over on the VPI forums.

For speed control I personally feel the SDS to be the superior product.

Jellis77 and Preston like this.
  3. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Do you feel the SDS is worth the money? I'm thinking about either upgrading my Scoutmaster (i.e., new aluminum platter, SDS, 3D tonearm, HRX feet) or buying a Prime.

4. glide

glide Forum Resident

Adding a new aluminum platter, 3D tonearm, and HRX feet basically gets you to a Prime but without the plinth (and possibly motor?).

Speed control and stability are nice to have but I would rather have the better 'table first. Maybe check out a B-stock prime and B-stock SDS and sell your current table? You may come out roughly even in terms of your planned upgrade path.

5. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have had my VPI SSM and SDS for 8 years now I've upgraded a few things here and there (feet / platter etc.) I've read a lot about the ADS on the VPI forum and it definitely has had mixed feedback. My SDS has never let me down I'm just interested to hear what the ADS might bring to the table. I don't think I will be able to borrow one so it looks like stump up the cash and take a risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.