KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

The official "KISS: The Songs" thread Certificate is finished, and available to download for those of you who would like a copy.

I offered to mail printed copies to several thread regulars, but so far have only heard back from MagneticNorthpaw, Haggis Wampovich and Exile On My Street. If you do not wish a copy to be mailed to you, you do not need to contact me. But I thought I'd make the offer one more time. If your name appeared in this post
    and you would like a copy sent to you, please PM me with your address.

Alternatively, if you would like a Certificate with your name pre-printed on it, PM me, and I can set up a personalized download just for you. Otherwise, if I don't hear from you, I'll just assume you are going to print one out for yourself.

Thanks once again to @ejluther for his great work on this. :righton: :tiphat: :cheers:

We created it with two different wordings. One is more "generic", for those who might prefer something more standard. The other one has extra wording thanking you for your participation. Links to the downloads for these will follow.

2. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

3. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Awesome, npgchris!

4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Yeah, I want one of those. It looks awesome. Thanks @npgchris & @ejluther. Very, very cool. Appreciate the hard work !!

5. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Sorry, having some technical difficulties. The links will be back up in a few minutes! :nyah:

GodShifter likes this.
  6. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Here is the first certificate, with the more standard wording.

If you would like to download a copy of this certificate, select the link below:

Certificate #1 (standard wording).jpg - FileFactory

This is a preview of what this one looks like. If you want to print this one out, use the link above. Attempting to print out this preview will result in a low-resolution image.

[​IMG]

7. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Here is the 2nd one, with the "Shout It Out Loud" header, and the slightly more detailed wording.

If you would like to download a copy of this certificate, select the link below:

Certificate #2 (SIOL wording).jpg - FileFactory

This is a preview of what this one looks like. If you want to print this one out, use the link above. Attempting to print out this preview will result in a low-resolution image.

[​IMG]

8. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

npgchris likes this.
  9. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

These certificates will only be available for downloading for a couple of weeks. So if you want one, don't delay in saving it to your computer. Needless to say, please do not share these with people outside of this group!

I'm sure @ejluther would appreciate anyone taking a minute to thank him for his work on this. I think they came out really cool, and I plan on framing one very soon!

:cheers:

10. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Yes, all of the "core" albums are on there. Including some we barely touched on in the thread. But we thought it looked better like this than a couple of other ideas we tried out. Again, the credit really goes to @ejluther.

11. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

Aw, shucks...don’t let him fool you, everyone, @npgchris is the engine of this train! I just helped with the window dressing...

12. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

What really happened was he did all the work, and I chimed in with opinions now and then! But thanks for the kind words! :shtiphat:

William Smart and GodShifter like this.
  13. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

Lies! Lies! All lies! ;) Seriously though, this thread is/was very special and collaborating with @npgchris was a real treat...

GodShifter likes this.
  14. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Thank you, my good man!

The quality of the contributions from the regulars in this thread was really off the charts. It was awesome spending most of 2017 with all of you.

Thanks again for your design work, Eric!

15. William Smart

Rock Bottom : Love the acoustic intro better than the quickie electric version on the live. Love the live solo better than the studio. All of which has no bearing on how I feel about it. After the soft sweet intro it's balls to the wall, take no prisoners, kick as s Rock And Roll! What's not to love? Live it studio it still rocks like a Mutha! Paul's vocals here are one of my favorites, especially of his live performances. Pete lays down a strong, but simple 4/4 that just keeps it moving along. When Gene comes in at first it's like a rocket booster. Bammm we're off! Yeah, I mean Hel yeah I dig this song a lot. Always loved seeing it played live too. Lol I can see Ace just rubber legging as he solos . Awesome song

GodShifter and npgchris like this.
  16. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

This is the "Last Call" regarding the Certificates for the KISS Songs thread.

If your username appears below, and you either wish a Certificate mailed to you, or a personalized Certificate that you can download yourself (as opposed to the standard one with the blank line that allows you to fill our your name the way you wish), please PM me within the next couple of days.

I suspect that most of you are already aware of the offer, and simply don't require any special attention. As I stated previously, if you just want to print out your own, you don't need to contact me. I just wanted to make one final offer on these, in case any of you missed it. If you haven't contacted me by the end of the day Saturday, I'll just assume you don't require anything from me. If you're a regular and your name doesn't appear here, it's because I've already heard from you.

If you would like one personalized, let me know how you want the name to appear on the certificate.

I will keep the certificates available for downloading for another 2-3 weeks, so please do not delay in downloading a copy to your computer.

If by chance you did contact me, to thank me and to say you didn't need anything, and I've forgotten and left your name on the list, please excuse my bad memory! :nyah:

@Curveboy
    @SizzleVonSizzleton
    @bartels76
    @BluesOvertookMe
    @vamborules
    @Musicman1998
    @dadonred
    @Terrapin Station
    @Rose River Bear
    @Diamond Star Halo
    @Sandinista
    @Cheevyjames
    @Combination
    @Digital Morphine
    @Deuce66
    @Paulo Alm
    @nodeerforamonth
    @SammyJoe
    @Tree of Life
    @Cooks420
    @The Slug Man
    @dave9199
    @24voltsdc

17. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

@ejluther & @npgchris those look fantastic! Give yourselves a round of applause, let's go!

18. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

If you have a certificate that reads "Read every post and contributed a couple of times" then I'm in:D

19. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

The beauty is, when it's framed and displayed proudly in your office, your friends will never know! ;)

PJayBe, William Smart and GodShifter like this.
  20. Cooks420

Cooks420 Forum Resident

LOVE. IT.

William Smart and npgchris like this.
  21. William Smart

C'mon And Love Me : I'm sitting here grinning ear to ear. When I was 15 I met a girl (didn't we all) went out with her for 7 years. Some where in the middle of that this song comes out. She was a Capricorn, yeah you know it I'm a Cancer! Lol love this song. Nice,melodic,cool lyrics. Ace doing nice little subtle things under it all. Paul in great form, Gene in the background. What's not to love! Brings a tear to my eye though. That beautiful young lady with the long brown hair to her waist, sharp blue eyes, 5'8.....passed away last January a week before her birthday. Ravaged by cancer, but I still see her the same way.... Cut off jeans, grey t-shirt..... Love this song

npgchris likes this.
  22. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

F Cancer.

Glad you're still doing this. The thread will never die!

23. William Smart

I'm glad too brother. We will keep it alive.

F The Big C!

Cheevyjames and npgchris like this.
  24. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

I would like to print out my own with Rose River Bear on it. Thanks for the offer!
    PS- How do I download it?

William Smart likes this.
  25. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Above each of the two certificate designs, there is a link to an online image file. To the right of the image, there is a green button that says "Download Image".

Save it to your desktop (or wherever), and you will have it available for whenever you choose to print it out.

And you still need to give me your reviews for THE ELDER, good sir! (And REVENGE and CARNIVAL OF SOULS, if you so desire).

Chris

William Smart likes this.