Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

Same Here! Can't wait for the green vinyl :D

Mazzy, Mr. Explorer and FKA002 like this.
  2. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

It's chronological for Paul as a solo artist though

3. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

My third favorite Wings album. Love it!

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  4. bward

bward Senior Member

Got an email that my order has shipped.
    But before I get too excited...
    The email came from UDiscover store, not FH Customer Care.
    No shipping or tracking information.
    If you recall, I was previously told my order shipped...to Philadelphia. And I'm near Boston.
    So, until I receive shipping and tracking information that lists my address as a destination, I wont be expecting anything.
    What strange times we live in.

5. bward

bward Senior Member

No panic.
    But I'm just going to admit: I love these albums and always have.
    It may not be the coolest thing to publicly admit, but there you go.
    And the color vinyl is a nice little bonus.
    IF there was no color vinyl, I'd work to pick them up one at a time to sit alongside my well worn and loved originals as new play copies.
    I'm still not sure if I'll break the shrink if and when I take delivery of my McCartney color vinyls.

forthlin and Mr. Explorer like this.
  6. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

What’s the little framed business card you have in front of your Archive deluxes? Not the right color to be a Coming Soon card.......

NICE!! Is that a Chinese bootleg copy on the bottom left?

Mazzy likes this.
  7. That's not a biz card but a RSD Elvis Costello and Macca demo cassette.

Mr. Explorer and forthlin like this.
  8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Hmmm. There might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Or it might just be a Hanukkah candle ... ;)

Mr. Explorer and bward like this.
  9. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

Ah of course! My scale was off a bit :D

10. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

Thanks for the info almost bought one of these colored vinyls. Now I have to find something to buy
    Probably get the new Stones BBC

11. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

This album was born premature. Needed more time to develop.

Mazzy likes this.
  12. Thats definitely one way of putting it :tiphat:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  13. Yup.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

I fired off email on Monday and have not had a reply back unlike the first time. Nadda, nothing, ziltch. It's laughable how bad this is.

15. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

That is a lot of Wild Life.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. There are several more CDs too.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. bward

bward Senior Member

I reached them on Twitter @FH_CustomerCare
    Things changed once that happened. Give it a shot. But I'm pretty sure they are off weekends.

18. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

When will you guys learn that black vinyl IS colored vinyl. Natural vinyl is an off-white.

19. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

My order finally arrived yesterday. 5 out of the 8 albums have about a one inch seam split across the top. I'm leaving them in the shrink for now so that's not a huge deal, but it's just one more thing that was messed up about the whole sitch. Of course it's not the fault of Udiscover that the seams split, that would be a manufacturing issue. If it causes me anxiety I guess I could buy the black vinyl copies and swap the sleeves out. It's not like I don't have 9* copies of all of these anyway.
    I hope everyone gets their stuff sooner than later.

I mentioned up thread that they sent me an email requesting feedback on how my issue with them was handled. The email contained an auto fill form where you could voice your thoughts. I copied/pasted my notes into the box...and there was no way (that I could find) to hit "send." :laugh: So I copied & pasted my comments on the main page of the email and hit reply. I don't expect anything--what can they do? No way I'm sending these records back into the void (cos that would be surrendering:shh:)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * Of course I don't have 9 copies of all of these. Some I only have 4 or 5 copies, others probably 14 or 15. ;)

Mr. Explorer and mrjinks like this.
  20. No updates here so I went to one of my locals and grabbed them all except they didn’t have Venus and Mars. I’ll try a few other stores and I’m going to San Francisco tomorrow. So will try there too.

If I don’t hear back from Uni by the time I get home on Wednesday, I’ll contact PayPal for a refund. If I get another set , I’ll deal with that some how. :tiphat:

Mr. Explorer and forthlin like this.
  21. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I pre-ordered on October 7th from Soundstagedirect. Nothin'. I'm not only jealous of those of you that have received them, but this is rapidly losing the "fun" factor for me. I guess I'll wait another week, but at that point, if I don't have some assurance that SSD will send them to me, I'll most likely cancel. I see that they are still available from McCartney's webstore. UDiscover I think. Anybody having luck with them?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. No and I ordered oct 6 from them. But a couple of folks here ordered a few last week and they already shipped so ??????

23. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Not at all. You can take a look at my posts for more info. I think many here are struggling with Udiscover on these albums.

And I agree about the fun factor. It shouldn't be this hard to buy new records. It's not like we're trying to find first press Parlophone albums here.

Mr. Explorer and mrjinks like this.
  24. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Whoever is managing customer service for them should be fired.

25. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

And that's what makes this whole thing so frustrating!!! There seems to be no rhyme or reason for how things are going out. And no responses other than "we're checking on it" or "I'll forward your concerns". That tells me nothing. And it's not just the music. Like most, I have multiple copies of everything that I ordered. But the idea of the colored vinyl just seemed like fun. Key word there is seemed....sigh.

Mr. Explorer, forthlin and Mazzy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.