The Grateful Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JRM, Apr 11, 2014.

1. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Enjoy - and I'd say you're chances are pretty good. I don't think we've heard from someone yet who recently purchased it and didn't get the bonus disc.

Matthew Tate and GuidedByJonO))) like this.
  2. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Yeah, I'd say the chances are close to 100% based on what I've read on here this year.

3. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

Agreed, I ordered during the summer and got the bonus disc.

4. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I ordered those first two RTs a couple months ago and got bonus discs with both, think your chances are pretty good.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. DrLunchbox

DrLunchbox Forum Deadhead #1604

Last weekend my wife got free tickets to a Duke basketball game at Cameron (she works for the university). I'm not a basketball fan, and certainly NOT a Duke fan, but everyone said going to a game at Cameron was a cool, unique experience. I mainly just wanted to see where the Dead played a killer show in 78. Turns out the seats we got were 3rd row behind the scorer table. That was fine I guess. Didn't really care. But it's a small arena and would be REALLY cool to see a band play there. I can only imagine those Dead shows in the 70s....

NorCal, ianuaditis, US Blues and 5 others like this.
  6. KeninDC

KeninDC Hazy Cosmic Jive

When I drive by U-Hall in Charlottesville, VA, I think "the Dead played here" rather than about Ralph Sampson.

Nursing a bit of a hangover with a grilled-cheese sandwich and some house cleaning, I listened to June 11, 1976 (Boston Music Hall). Great "Eyes" and "Stella" near the end.

7. Jman92

Jman92 Forum Resident

Re: my purchase of Road Trips Vol. 1 #1-- I will report back once I receive it on whether I got the bonus disc. If I don't, at least I'll know where they all went....to all you folks! LOL :hide:

8. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Sw Dead & Co for
    I ordered it in October and received the Bonus disc, much to my surprise. Same story w Vol 1 #2

9. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Yea, I remember that from when I watched it. One of the absolute finest music documentaries I have ever seen. :)

ianuaditis, bzfgt and US Blues like this.
  10. warewolf95

Thanks man!

A 43 minute DS - wow! Didn't realize the lenght of it. That makes up for the seemingly short (for '73) setlist. :)

Billy_Sunday, ianuaditis and US Blues like this.
  11. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

It's a short setlist when Dark Star takes up so much Space.

12. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

You’re aware that the 2001 is not the original mix?

13. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

His awareness thereof is implicit in what he said, isn't it? Or am I just reading poorly?

"The 2001 version sounded odd to me at first because I'd played the original so much (first on cassette and then on CD; I never had the vinyl). I haven't played them together in a long time so I can't objectively compare them right now, but the original will always be a dear old friend."

US Blues likes this.
  14. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

If you don’t have RT 1.2 (Fall ‘77), I’d order that one now while it’s still available and shipping with the bonus disc.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

Looks like i won't be getting The Warlocks Box Set after all. ebay shaaysters! Grrrr.
    If it's too good to be true, it usually is. Oh well. My recent purchases are more than enough material for when i want a "Touch Head" era fix. Dick's 17 is quality.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. unravelled

unravelled Forum Resident

Also curious if anyone enjoys this from time to time. I watched the last night and remembered enjoying it somewhat. Didn't hear much of the first two nights.

warewolf95 and SBegonias17 like this.
  17. warewolf95

Truckin' Update:

So, if anyone still remembers, lol, around Halloween MAMU had gotten off the road and parted ways with the company we were driving for. They didn't have their stuff together and their truck had more problems than 1995....

Soon after I got in that car wreck. Spent a few weeks getting all that crap sorted out while looking for our next gig.

Divine intervention struck and we, by chance, stumbled upon a billboard down a road we normally would never take, advertising for drivers. By this point we were in DEEP talks with several major companies and figured "why not try one more" just to vary the options.

Turns out this last choice ended up being THE choice!

Extremely long story of getting going with them while also barely scraping by doing BS construction/physical labor to pay the bills in the meantime cut short, as of Sunday afternoon we leave for Houston, TX, picking up a flatbed load to take to Maine!

15 speed 2000-era Kenworth. The thing is a beast. 730 horsepower. Puts our previous ride to shame - and that was a good truck when it was functioning!
    HUGE sleeper. Classic chrome-and-wood steering wheel and paneling design, etc.
    The thing looks like it could eat you, haha.

I'm already figuring out what the first show I listen to will be. :D

Love you guys. :)

18. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

:wave:Hundred Year Hall.:wave:

Crispy Rob, adamos, US Blues and 3 others like this.
  19. warewolf95

:righton: Ah yes, I get it! :)

US Blues likes this.
  20. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

Well done.

21. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

22. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Is it? He* may well have been suggesting that the 2001 sounded different but he* didn’t know or couldn’t perceive why. I was just pointing it out in case he* didn’t know that. I suspect plenty of people don’t, especially since David L stated in an interview at the time that nothing had been done to Live/Dead because it was perfect as it was, unlike the debut. At first I didn’t know it was a remix.

*We are also assuming that he is a he.

bzfgt and ianuaditis like this.
  23. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

what happened?

24. Dominick

Dominick Forum Resident

That RFK first show was very decent. Cd 2 was below par, but, I will need to listen again....with my vampire ears.

Jerry was immense, that Lovelight....

25. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

I also didn't know it was a remix at first. It took a couple of times through before I picked up on the things that were different.

I wish I knew what happened to the original CD I bought in 94-95. I still have the case...

bzfgt and Six Bachelors like this.