The Doors' Robby Krieger Talks 50th Anniversary Plans, Re-Releases & Newly Unearthed Recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Not so fast, I disagree...........:cool:

[​IMG]

Six Bachelors and John Fell like this.
  2. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Robby Krieger, the most legendary Doors guitarist who played on all their albums. :winkgrin:

3. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Now he IS legendary @reb !:uhhuh:

revolution_vanderbilt and reb like this.
  4. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

I mentioned this previously but was told that it made perfect sense and that business is business and yada yada.

Maybe the WFTS anniversary set will only cost $1!

5. You really think they'll even bother with that one? The Doors reissue campaign (itself a strong word in this context) has become a bit of a joke!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

I know this is nearly a three-year-old post, but I wanted to echo the "fresh" sentiment. It is. I'm listening to an original mono vinyl copy of The Doors' debut, and it is as cool and fresh now as it was when I first heard it -- in the year it was released.

7. ToneLa

ToneLa Forum Resident

It's Jim's birthday! Happy day, Lizard King!

8. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

I doubt it, but you never know. I'm a vaguely interested observer only at this point, when it comes to the anniversary editions.

anastasios and SteveM like this.
  9. That's a good way to describe it; I'm exactly the same now but it's a curious situation considering The Doors are my all-time number one favourite band. I don't think I'm the only person who has become jaded by the whole reissue policy over the past 20 years.

Six Bachelors and anastasios like this.
  10. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Funny, I have mentioned to many people how "timeless" the Doors music is. Many feel it is dated, I don't think so.

ssmith3046 and SteveM like this.
  11. So another year goes by and not only do we get very little "new" material (I don't count legacy singles as new) but Robby's new album that he promised "before the end of the year" about 3 years ago still hasn't surfaced either. As the only surviving member of The Doors still composing and recording music this is quite disappointing - it sounded interesting too. Will Robby's oft-mentioned memoirs ever see the light of day, I wonder? I hope his memory holds out for another good decade at least!

anastasios and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

London Fog was new. Partial Matrix masters is new. There isn’t a lot of “new” material left. Sadly.

13. lemonade kid

lemonade kid Forever Changing

Hmmmm...there are only 23 days left in 2017 (year of the 50th), so it's now or never. I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

14. A handful of previously released Matrix recordings (this time actually from the master tape - last time was just a lie) and that's it. The Fog was a 2016 release. I thought I read somewhere that THIS year was really going to be chock full of 50th Anniversary material and several box sets?

15. Pats Radio

Singles Box & debut box. How many releases do you think they can release in one year? Again, if you add the Fox box (which I would) that’s 3. Just saying. More to come next year.

marklamb likes this.
  16. Preferably just one good one! As I said earlier I don't count the singles box as it's nothing new, anymore than a remaster of the core album catalogue would be. It's got to be due again, surely? The debut box is the one box containing "a handful of Matrix recordings" but little else, so that is not really in addition to anything else.

17. Pats Radio

8 songs is more than a handful and more than they played at the IOW show which is getting a stand alone release. I think some people are just brushing off the Matrix CD like it’s a throw in. That’s a terrific CD with good quality material.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  18. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Of course not, The Doors don't throw anything in. They use crumbs as bait. The Matrix CD is lame. Only 8 songs and upgraded source was offset by terrible mastering. How many songs IOW has is of no relevance because it's the full show.

Matthew Tate and SteveM like this.
  19. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

Sadly I think you are right. I would love to see the aborted LA Woman Boxset resurrected as it was chock full of material and also the recently discovered studio outtake reels would probably yield some gold based upon the track descriptions. The LA Woman Boxset is in my opinion a no brainer and a must have.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

the Strange days deluxe release isn't supposed to be 4cd and 1 lp box set? what happened?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

My only guess is they think they can milk what they have left for future releases.

22. Pats Radio

Full show or not you got more music on matrix CD than you will on IOW.

23. Pats Radio

4 CD?

24. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Who is in the background?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  25. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.