Who was your favourite 'teenybopper' act?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bobby Morrow, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident

At the 50th anniversary of Buddy Holly's birth, Clovis, New Mexico had "Buddy Holly Days." in downtown Clovis. Part of the festivities was Vee performing a Saturday night concert. Was great, and came out to shake hands with people talk to them after the show. As good a guy as you'd ever want to meet! Is still hard to imagine that he is no longer with us.

MaggieMac likes this.
  2. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

I just read up on it. Bizarre and thank you for alerting me to this.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  3. Scott in DC

Scott in DC Forum Resident

The Cowsills were, still are my favorite!

Scott

4. MaggieMac

MaggieMac Forum Resident

How nice you met Bobby! I never did, but many people I know did, and everyone says the same thing about his interaction with people. How kind and humble he was and how he made others feel important. He always appreciated the fans. What a sad loss of a good person it was and still is..!

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  5. pblmow

pblmow Forum Resident

Ivan Yackinoff

6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

:)

[​IMG]

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  7. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

I had Music 101 (7th grade) 1974. At the end of the semester in the remaining two days of class the teacher recommended to "Bring an LP of your favorite music to class. So, I brought my record back to school the next day hoping to play my absolute best-favorite-music-of -all -time!!!!Unfortunately so did the rest of the class. I sat through Donny Osmond,I Wanna Hold Your Hand era Beatles,David Cassidy, The Archie's,Bay City Rollers ,The Jackson 5,ABBA,Sonny & Cher,The Osmond's (as if Donny wasn't enough to cover that base),The Partridge Family ( didn't we just hear David sing already? ) at this point I should be grateful Shaun Cassidy's '76 debut wasn't in play rotation here but, I wasn't, as almost anything except what I liked was being played ........Until the Teacher reluctantly picked up my album and said in a wary voice ,"Who's record is this with the naked gremlins crawling about?" and I said ,"That's mine!" She gave a look and muttered under her breath,"of course it's yours who's else would it be?" Then read both sides of the record slowly (killing the clock as it was the last day now and almost the end of the period) She decided to play a song called The Ocean muttering,"this sounds like a nice song." Then my precious Led Zeppelin came on as I proudly looked around the classroom with a big smile on my face the bell rang before the 2nd verse started. You can surmise my uh, disposition towards the after-mentioned "teenybopper" acts from this story.

PS it gets even better. My younger Sisters started liking this music so guess what I heard at home? o_O

I posted this so you could have a laugh at my expense:biglaugh:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  8. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

9. Good2BAnywhere

Good2BAnywhere Forum Resident

The Monkees, and I just discovered how much the Osmonds could rock when they wanted to.

10. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member Thread Starter

The Osmonds were better than they were ever given credit for. I think people confused them with Donny who recorded lots of covers and assumed they were all the same.:) Crazy Horses and The Plan are excellent albums.

11. Bobby Morrow

Apparently lots of these kind of acts did similar tricks. They made a mockery of us in the 70s.:D

12. Bobby Morrow

I’ve often thought of doing a best teenybop act/song poll, but where on earth would you start?

13. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly 1964-73 rock's best decade

Bay City Rollers. I have the first three albums plus a greatest hits CD.

Rock And Roll Love Letter is classic power pop!

bob60 likes this.
  14. Bobby Morrow

Rollin’ was one of the biggest LPs of 1974/5 here. It was just everywhere.

bob60 likes this.
  15. Good2BAnywhere

Yes, I just picked those up. Big fan of the Crazy Horses album. Phase III is pretty good too.

Mark B. likes this.
  16. HfxBob

HfxBob Forum Resident

Monkees

17. Bobby Morrow

Considering the Crazy Horses album is quite Beatle-y in places, I'm surprised it isn't better thought of on here.:D

18. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

Can't remember if I've already mentioned this, but the original issue of Phase III had a huge poster in it. I mean, a gigantic, Chicago IV sized poster. Well worth seeking out if you like such things.

19. Good2BAnywhere

Yes, “Girl” is very McCartney-esque. Much of the album rocks, and rocks hard. Think I’ll make a mix of the rock songs from Phase III, Crazy Horses, & The Plan. Maybe find something from Live too.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  20. Bobby Morrow

My copy didn't. However, I'm from the UK and we often lose out on things like that.:)

Though it's possible I just missed the first pressing, of course.

21. Bobby Morrow

Did you like the Love Me For A Reason album? A more soulful, funkier collection.

22. John Adam

John Adam An Introvert In Paradise

"Silverchair."
    Australian alternative/rock band in the 90's. Closest to teenybopper act I can think of growing up. It wasn't "Hanson" that's for sure!

23. Good2BAnywhere

UK would get the short end of the stick when it came to the Osmonds. One of the albums had a gatefold cover in the US but not the UK. Also the ‘72 live album had more tracks in the US.

Haven’t heard that one yet. I tend to be more of a rock guy.

24. Alan2

Alan2 Forum Resident

I was rather taken by T Rex, but never actually bought any of their music. Some of it sounds quite good today.

25. Bobby Morrow

Crazy Horses had a gatefold sleeve in America. I didn’t find that out for about 30 years.:) Also Girl is edited on the UK version. This is replicated on the UK 7ts CD.

The Christmas Album from 1976 is a single album here as opposed to to double in the US. Our version also has 2 tracks missing, though I’m not overly concerned with this.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.