New Season of Mr. Robot Starting

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mds, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

This was a pretty good 'after-show'...with the actor playing Tyrell 'copping' to the show 'homage-ing' to different movies:

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Absolutely mind-blowing. The single-shot thing knocked me out and was an extremely ambitiously, complex, and expensive technique to do for a TV series. Amazing, funny, bizarre, unexpected, and not just a little scary.

chrischerm likes this.
  3. vince

Best episode... to me, at least.

4. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Episodes 5-7 of this series have been the pay off for sitting through most of season 2.

Vidiot likes this.
  5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I keep saying it, but I'll say it again: Everything that Season 2 got wrong, Season 3 gets right.

In fact, I'd say Season 3 has been better than Season 1.

Terrific TV, the entire season so far.

Vidiot likes this.
  6. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I was having debate about this over the weekend with myself. :)

Close one but I'm giving the edge to Season 1 right now. Loving Season 3 but it really is a different beast compared to Season 1.

Totally agree on your first point. Season 2, now feels like a set up for Season 3.

My only worry is that they'll drag the story out for too many seasons.

I was sad to see Trenton and Mobley get killed in the last episode. I liked the characters, especially Trenton.

Vidiot likes this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

So last night's episode was the first episode this entire season that seemed too much like running in place. Too much EMO navel gazing, not enough development.

Boo Rad likes this.
  8. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

Agreed, that whole thing with the kid was just filler and didn’t make sense to me. They could have shortened it up and still get the message across.

Boo Rad likes this.
  9. vince

well...while I agree, this episode stopped all the momentum of the season...
    I have to respect this 'stand-alone' as Mr. Esmail's personal statement to what must be a personal opinion to what Muslim-Americans are going through, during these times.
    The comparison to a religion's place of worship, and 'going to see a movie' isn't lost on me!
    So, i don't want to trample on what was trying to be said in this episode.......but......
    as they say on TV, "BACK TO THE ACTION!"

Cupids_bow likes this.
  10. vince

11. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Three noticed things in this week's episode:

A 1.85:1 aspect ratio for this film themed episode.

At least the third mention of Back to the Future, reinforcing the time manipulation theme.

A whooshing sound when Elliot stepped on and off the rug at the mosque. Hinting at another plane of existence?

Lownote30 likes this.
  12. I just caught up tonight after forgetting this was even coming on again. Somehow I missed the trailers and this thread. Anyway...

Obviously Season 2 was needed for Season 3, but yeah, as others have mentioned Season 3 is so much better than the last one.

While Season 1 was all mystery, Season 2 was all exposition, now Season 3 is a bit more on the cuff, as it marks a clear dichotomy between Elliot and his father that Season 1 didn't have. Is that better or worse for the story? I believe it's a bit of both, but even "worse" in a good way, as I found myself comfortable with the twists and turns this season, even knowing now who is controlling who. Also, this season really fills in the gaps, showing that it doesn't have to be all cryptic to be effective.

It was fast paced in eps 2-7 then yeah, the pace sort of bailed during ep8. I don't think that's a problem since there are only two more episodes to finish this season. There's a lot to cram in. I only hope for a big reveal/cliff hanger in the season finale.

Top-notch TV at the moment.

13. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Great episode last night. This is a seriously twisted show!

EVOLVIST likes this.
  14. vince

I don't know.....
    I didn't like seeing Whiterose being so emotional....
    maybe I'm missing something .

Lownote30 likes this.
  15. Lownote30

Was White Rose being emotional, though? I think it's a front for when he wears women's clothes. When he visits the E-Corp CEO as a man, then there's no emotion. B. D. Wong shines in that role!

proedros and EVOLVIST like this.
  16. vince

When she met Elliot & the blonde-haired girl, she was cool as a cucumber!

17. Lownote30

She wasn't in familiar company like she was with her #1 Dark Army guy in last night's episode.

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think the point of the kid was to get <certain character> out of their funk and convince them not to kill themselves, and also create a new purpose in trying to stay alive.

eddiel likes this.
  19. Cupids_bow

Agreed. Wasn’t expecting the Dom and Darlene thing. Also, Angela has completely lost her marbles.

EVOLVIST and Lownote30 like this.
  20. Lownote30

Yeah she has! Coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs!!!

proedros likes this.
  21. Cupids_bow

So why vindicate Tyrell at this point, clear him of all charges and install him as CTO of ecorp? What purpose does that serve? White Rose already got what they wanted out of him.

22. Lownote30

It's part of some deal between that CEO and White Rose. We'll just have to wait and find out. I have a feeling it's so the CEO can keep an eye on Tyrell. White Rose definitely got the guy at the FBI to let Tyrell go. If he hadn't been let go, he might have given up the entire plan (which is the last thing White Rose would want).

23. Cupids_bow

Yes, we’ll just have to wait how it all plays out. Great show. Got me hooked like Breaking Bad where I couldn’t wait for the next episode. Too bad it’s not a netflix original that you can binge watch. Ha ha.

Lownote30 likes this.
  24. Y'all with Alexa, ask her, "Alexa, give me the daily 5/9." She starts going off with a report, daily, related to the 5/9 world. fSociety has some some messages, too. It's pretty wackadoodle!

Next week the season finale. Wow! Michael Cristofer is off the chains good!

proedros and Lownote30 like this.
  25. vince

Just re-watched it:
    Though a little 'out-of-character', hearing Wellick say, "No puppet! No Puppet! YOU'RE the puppet!" made me laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.