Amazon (ca) — shipped vinyl in no box

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by lucan_g, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

I had the same thing happen with my CRB Betty's Blends volume 3 vinyl. Someone posted that their copy from Amazon arrived with just a shipping sticker on the shrink wrap. Since my order hadn't shipped yet, I contacted Amazon over the online chat and asked if it could please be shipped in a box. I was told "absolutely" and it arrived damaged with no box, just a shipping sticker on the shrink. I filled out a form for a replacement and again chatted with someone on the "online chat" asking that it be shipped in a box. She had me on hold for over 10 minutes while contacting the shipping department to make sure my replacement was shipping in a box. The replacement arrives damaged with nothing but a shipping sticker on the shrink wrap. After that, they just offered a refund. Amazon is absolute garbage to me after that.

2. Cooks420

Cooks420 Forum Resident

You were lied to - I was told by two different representatives the people we speak to about our orders have absolutely no way to contact other departments about specific mailings, including the warehouse and shipping departments.

3. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

That makes me hate them even more. :realmad:

4. Cooks420

Cooks420 Forum Resident

Trust me, I don’t blame you. I spoke to tons of people there about sending my CDs in boxes and not crappy, thin bubble packed and kept requesting either they or I just talk to the shipping dept once they knew which wearhouse was shipping the items. And while I got lip service from most of them, two people told me it was impossible for anyone to contact them about any specific order. Such crap.

LeeGriffin likes this.
  5. The Trinity

The Trinity Do what thou wilt, so mote be it.

Totally reeedicklious.

LeeGriffin likes this.
  6. CBS 65780

CBS 65780 "Could I do one more immediately?"

I bought the stereo one from amazon uk. They just taped the wraparound down top and bottom and slapped the shipping labels on the front. The wraparound was wrecked but the rest survived. Postman on arrival says, "Well, someone really likes The Beatles"!

7. granata

granata Forum Resident

Amazon UK sent me the latest Bowie box in the same way. I "politely" complained and got 30% off due to cosmetic defects to the box and slip. Then another 30% off due to the audio errors. Plus the replacement "Heroes" is on its way. Pleased that both Amazon and Warners took a hit for their stupidity.

8. A trick I learned from someone here: if you preface your address with "P.O. Box Null", your orders will be shipped via Canada Post by default since the other services can't ship to PO boxes.

Brenald79 and lucan_g like this.
  9. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Forum Resident

Every LP I've bought on amazon.ca has arrived in a cardboard cover. In a couple of cases, they were in a cardboard cover AND inside a shipping box. They've been having shipping issues since mid November (slow out the door, poor packing, misships, etc) and while they have been silent on the root causes there has been speculation that they have cut back on the training they provide to their seasonal workforce which began to come online about the time these issues began to be customer facing issues.

Brenald79 likes this.
  10. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

I ordered my lp directly from amazon.ca. I called customer service after receiving the damaged lp in the mail and when I told the customer service rep that an lp was shipped to my house without any box she was very surprised. I guess it was some kind of mix-up in the shipping department or someone had a brain cramp when mailing the lp with no box.

11. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Why not just open a P.O. box? Is it that expensive in Canadia?

12. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I'm been finding recently 3rd party sellers from Amazon.ca are horrendously slow, taking anywhere between 4-6 weeks to arrive, if at all (2 orders didn't arrive, ironically from the same seller who refunded both times without question).

Amazon itself is taking a little longer to ship too these days, although I'm putting that down to the Christmas rush, strangely 2 separate orders I made a couple of weeks ago on different days actually arrived packaged in the same box last Friday!

13. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Why would someone want something shipped to a remote location as opposed to the convenience of getting it at home if all they need to do is put 'null' in a field to get the shipper they want?

14. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

For a pittance the PO provides concierge service for anything I want delivered to me, and it doesn't sit on the porch in my quiet neighborhood where it can get stolen. It's at my convenience I collect that which has been safely delivered to and watched over by my willing staff there. I just wish I could send everything there.

15. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Uh ok...that sounds great. However the post you replied to originally was about how to get the shipper of his choice (Canada Post) by putting ‘PO Box null’ in the field. Not about whether he wants a PO box.

16. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

So to get them to use Canada Post to deliver it to me at home, for my address I put for example:
    "P.O. Box Null 1234 East St." ?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  17. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I buy lots of CDs from 3rd party sellers through them and it's usually 3-6 weeks. What is annoying me is that new CD releases from Amazon for the stuff I listen to is often $22-25 so I end up waiting a week until the 3rd party sellers have it for $10 or so (+$3.49 ship) but then it takes another 3-6 weeks to get delivered. The same CDs are $10-13 on .com. Not sure why .ca jacks up the CD prices so much when books and DVDs are comparitable in price taking into the exchange rate.

18. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

19. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I have never had this happen. However, what is becoming more common is not shipping my LPs in 'frustration free" LP mailers. Instead, they throw them into a large box and they slide around and get dinged up during shipping.

20. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I went to pick up a box set from Moviemars Canada bought through Amazon.ca this morning at the post office and there was a $15.60 cash on delivery fee on it!!!!

Has anyone ever came across this before? I've emailed them to see what it was and why it was charged and asked for a refund.

21. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

I mentioned this elsewhere, but last year my wife ordered Bowie at the Beeb (4 LP) for me for Christmas. First one came in just like you and others have experienced, no box, just shipping label on the wrap. Amazon had three chances to get it right. They didn't. Ended up getting a full refund and ordering from Barnes & Noble, who did it right the first time, and the set arrived pristine.

22. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

this shockingly happened to me about a month ago ….

the yes album box ($75!!) arrived that way

and a new KG AAA reissue of johnny cash's orange blossom special arrived that way as well. the amazon postage deets glued onto to the QRP plastic baggy.

i returned them both. and took pictures and made a stink about it in the packaging feedback area.

nuts. perfectly good vinyl with a dinged corner and very large seam split on the cover. the cash album's QRP plastic wrap was COMPLETELY open on the bottom too. lol

surprisingly though, the yes album box was in perfect condition. i returned that one cuz i did not like the way it sounded. so props to amazon for being cool about that.

and i've kept albums that played perfectly but had cover damage before, but the cash LP was numbered and was a real labour of love by exhibit records/kevin gray AAA

the two gord downie solo LPs i recently received from amazon.ca were packaged as usual, in cardboard and then in a cardboard box.

but man those two orders scared the ______ outta me.

23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

My latest order of some Nerf toy guns for family in another Province was partially shipped with Canada Post and one item using Purilator again that has been in a location 4 Provinces away the last 2 days. Not sure why they split the order.

24. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Forum Resident

While not vinyl, here's Amazon's latest delivery to me which I received today. Packed in an envelope with nothing around it. Back it goes. Good thing it wasn't a Christmas gift for anyone but myself lol .....

[​IMG]

25. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Such a shame. Well, good thing I didn't buy my dad the record I was planning on... I'll end up paying $70 anywhere else but man it will be worth it.

I guess it's lucky that I'm so anal about getting specific CD versions. With a terrible policy like this I don't need to worry about the obscene Prime fee anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.