De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. villiers terrace

villiers terrace Forum Resident

2. Paul Frewer

Paul Frewer New Member

I winder how much De Agostini are paying for these albums as the amount they must be re-sending with postage must really mount up. Whilst not cheap they’re still cheaper than most retailers to be fair which is a surprise in itself!
    Didn’t want the hasssle of returns so put up with the couple I had with issues,but after reading this forum I decided to message them,and sure enough I have 3 replacements on their way. Fair play De Agostini

3. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

I found it in the newsagents in the town centre instead, they had two copies - I believe the copies didn't arrive in my local Tesco until the Saturday - Christmas delay perhaps?

deanb64 likes this.
  4. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

I've not picked up any of the Anthologies because I once owned Anthology 1 on CD and found it quite a slog to get through.

Sounds like A3 is worth having though?

5. stem

stem Forum Resident

I find both A2 and A3 far more interesting than the first one.

trumpet sounds and JP Christian like this.
  6. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I’m off out to pick up my copies now. Hup!

7. seanjennings

seanjennings Member

No delay in my local Tesco's, in Rochdale, they had 8 copies in, last Friday, as usual, when i picked up my copy.
    I'm just hoping, there's no delay, in them stocking P.M, in the New Year, with xmas deliveries, hope it's in stock, when i go shopping on the 5th of Jan.

8. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

No copies in Reading that I can find so far. Bugger. Still, it's another week until Blue so hopefully I'll get lucky.

9. seanjennings

seanjennings Member

I like A1, apart from the poorly recorded, Quarrymen, early recordings, which is to be expected, with the equipment, they had available at the time.
    But A2 & A3, are definately more interesting, with better material/songs, luving A3, especially Disc 3, it's worth the price of the album, on it's own.

10. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Just bought three in Tesco Extra in some dark and grim part of Belfast.

gmcmahon1964, bward and alanbeat like this.
  11. parkgrover

parkgrover Forum Resident

Went looking for this last weekend and was disappointed that there none in my local Whs ..who normally stock plenty. Luckily my lovely wife checked at the whs near her workplace in Brixton and picked up the last copy there for me! Spinning it now

andybeau likes this.
  12. m4murder

m4murder Forum Resident

Spun up A3 last night, just the first disc side 1 and it is utterly flawless!

13. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

A2 is my favourite, with A3 a very close second - I rarely listen to A1.

14. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

A1 would have been improved if they'd added Red Hot and a few other choice Star Club tracks!

15. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

A2 was my favorite for some reason - probably due to the song list, and the unique qualities of the tracks.

16. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

Anyone know if they have finalised a collection to follow this one, I quite enjoy the two week collecting experience?.

17. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

I'm still looking re A3

18. Guapito

Guapito Forum Resident

Tescos Bracknell still have no copies. The duty manager there said they were supplied by WHSmith and are done by area. Hence why I could not find a copy of A3. I've had to resort to eBay where I've picked up a sealed copy for £27 all in.

19. seanjennings

seanjennings Member

My local Tescos, still had 4 copies, of A3, in stock, when i went in today, no surprise really, these Anthologies, have'nt sold well, in my Tesco's, more of a niche market, for diehard Beatles fans, will probably, be a different story, with the Blue 67-70, when it's released next wk These greatest hits albums, always sell well.

20. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

Afternoon all

Has any member had a replacement copy of AHDN with the corrected chord yet? I emailed them last week and a replacement is been sent out, what’s the betting it won’t be any different!

21. villiers terrace

villiers terrace Forum Resident

22. andybeau

andybeau Forum Resident

With reference to AHDN, I'm sure there was a post(very early on in this thread) quoting the person who cut the record saying that no other cut would be done and sorry for the f*** up.

23. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

This too is what I was lead to believe, looks like I’ll have a spare copy on its way then.

24. Yosi

Yosi Senior Member

Reports are just in. The Japanese edition of AHDN is corrected for the cutting error of the title song. The matrics number for side A is "A2".

m4murder likes this.
  25. m4murder

m4murder Forum Resident

Available at all good Japanese record retailers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.