More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

David Bowie, complimentary ticket for A&E Live by Request TV special, 2002. I was in the second row, centre. You can see the back of my head in the video footage :)

[​IMG]

lightbulb, oboogie and Maranatha5585 like this.
  2. stepeanut

David Bowie, signed complimentary ticket for Later ... With Jools Holland TV recording, 1995:

[​IMG]

3. stepeanut

David Bowie, signed gig ticket, Nottingham 1997. As a direct result of this meeting, Bowie added “Waiting for the Man” to the set the following night. That didn’t happen often, believe me.

[​IMG]

lightbulb, oboogie, marmil and 2 others like this.
  4. stepeanut

David Bowie, signed CDs.

Top: Virgin Megastore meet-and-greet, London, 1999.

Bottom: competition prize, live BowieNet webcast, 2000.

[​IMG]

lightbulb, bluesky, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  5. stepeanut

David Bowie, various complimentary tickets for TV recordings, 1995-2000. The one second from the bottom is particularly rare. An Italian Sunday afternoon football pundit show, with no official places allocated to the general public.

[​IMG]

6. stepeanut

David Bowie, various backstage passes, Outside tour, 1995-1996. Fans of Japanese music will note that the Tokyo pass is issued in the name of support act Tomoyasu Hotei.

[​IMG]

7. stepeanut

David Bowie, unused pit ticket for 50th anniversary gig, Madison Square Garden, NYC, January 1997. Unused because I was the only fan who gained access to the final dress rehearsal/soundcheck on the afternoon of the show.

[​IMG]

8. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Many thanks Steve!
    It's all yours bra... keep 'em coming.
    Bowie a true King.

stepeanut likes this.
  9. Maranatha5585

STEELERS NATION UNITE!!

[​IMG]

* Clinched Division Title
    * Clinched Playoff Birth

Just catching my breathe back here...
    It ain't over till it's over.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  10. stepeanut

I’d like to share some of the rarest Bowie CDs from my once-huge collection. Luckily, these were stored separately from the main collection, and so escaped the flood that followed Hurricane Katrina.

Let’s start with the DIR Glass Spider Concert Special. I believe 300 of these sets were distributed in 1987, with the majority returned to DIR after broadcast. Hence, very rare.

[​IMG]

11. stepeanut

Arguably the rarest Bowie CD ever to be distributed. Only ten of these CD-Rs were made. Two each were sent to the five U.K. radio stations that refused to playlist the “Buddha of Suburbia” single, due to the lyrics containing the word bullsh!t. This censored version of the song has the offending word digitally reversed. I bought this in 1993 from the record company rep. I’ve only ever seen one other copy offered for public sale.

[​IMG]

12. stepeanut

The original All Saints CD, distributed as Xmas gifts by Bowie in 1993:

[​IMG]

13. stepeanut

Unusual one, this. Not strictly official, but not a bootleg either. These CD-Rs, including the (basic) artwork, were made by Mark & Lard themselves in 1999. It is the entire two hour show, including the Bowie session and interview, plus all the other nonsense, recorded straight from the studio desk. So, better quality than the FM broadcast that commonly circulates. I’ve never seen another copy.

[​IMG]

14. stepeanut

Sounds Great transcription disc of Bowie on the Billy Bragg show. No idea how many of these were made, but it can’t be many. I’ve never seen another copy offered for sale.

[​IMG]

15. stepeanut

Promotional CD-R for the I Am Iman book, 2001. Just a couple of hundred of these were made, and signed by Bowie on the inside of the insert.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. stepeanut

Wise Buddah transcription discs for the three-part Golden Years — The David Bowie Story, 2000:

[​IMG]

lightbulb, portlandjulian and oboogie like this.
  17. stepeanut

Virgin in-house CD-R of the Kit Kat Klub, NYC gig, 1999:

[​IMG]

18. stepeanut

Abbey Road reference CD-R of the Bowie at the Beeb bonus disc, 2000. This is the BBC Radio Theatre gig, which I was privileged to attend.

[​IMG]

19. stepeanut

Italian CD of the Outside album, with additional booklet, in Italian. This was hard to find even at the time. I want to say they only made 1,000; something like that.

[​IMG]

20. Maranatha5585

Prince - "The Black Album" LP
    So, last week we saw another significant, and extremely rare find pop up out of the blue. My friend, and collector Jeff Gold who owns the superior www.recordmecca.com was contacted by an old colleague from Warner Bros, who had quite miraculously 'found' a small number of perfectly sealed copies of Prince's destroyed Black Albums .. These were all pressed and printed and ready to be released in 1987, when Prince turned on a dime, and demanded every copy everywhere be destroyed, because the LP was "evil". With a week to go, this was nearly impossible, yet very few at all made it...
    Last week Jeff sold two or three on consignment for his WB friend. This is easily one of the rarest albums in existence. Sealed copies went for $15,000. immediately and I think there was still one possibly available for $20,000.
    That's what I love about vinyl ... it's always something! Still, as I recall the last sealed Stereo Livingston Beatles Butcher hit $125,000. and that was a number of years ago ... Ya gotta love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  21. Maranatha5585

Bob Dylan - "Must Be Santa" / "Twas The Night Before Christmas"
    U.S. Columbia Records sealed promotional 45 single and PS.
    A wonderful surprise indeed ... a Christmas Album from Bob Dylan.
    A faithful realistic take, with a wonderful reading taken from the Theme Time
    Radio Hour radio show on side B of "Twas The Night Before Christmas".
    c., 2006 / 2009.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

Very impressive collection of David Bowie autographs and memorabilia!

23. stepeanut

Thanks. This is just the few bits I have left. I must have had 30-40 Bowie autographs at one point. The signed posters were the best. Imagine what they would be worth today.

lightbulb likes this.
  24. Spear and Magic Helmet

Spear and Magic Helmet Forum Resident

Anybody ever tell you that youkinda look like a young Brian Wilson?

Skokiaan likes this.
  25. Maranatha5585

Robert Fripp - "Silent Night .. a la Frippertronics"
    U.S. EG Records 6.5'' square red flexi-disc promotional 33.3 sheet.
    These very rare limited flexi's were given away in the short lived Chicago magazine Praxis,
    and via EG to a small number of clients. A most beautiful version from guitar master Fripp.
    c., 1979.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The rare envelope, seldom seen .. not in the magazine version.

Gavinyl and oboogie like this.