Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Last season was best. No wasted episodes.

Michael and Ed Hughes like this.
  2. Bolero

Bolero Senior Member

maybe I'm just bitter because I know I'll be in withdrawal for another year or so....

Ed Hughes likes this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Picked up Steelbook with ( fridge magnet)Game Of Thrones : Season 7 blu ra.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  4. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

Who's the fridge magnate? I know of a couple of oil magnates but no fridge magnates...

alexpop likes this.
  5. alexpop

Winter ❄️ is coming.
    Good place to stick it.
    The magnet, that is. :agree::laugh:

6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

we still have to get thru winter/spring/summer/fall and winter until we see another new episode.....

7. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

:mudscrying:

Deuce66 likes this.
  8. alexpop

Well season seven was simply breathtaking. Best yet ( have to view it a second /third time ) Can't believe I have to wait till 2019 to get season 8(6 episodes)blu ray. Earliest the prequel(s) date is 2020, supposed to be working on 5 prequels, which will be perhaps honed down to just one prequel.
    Miss the IMDb GOT message board.

TexasBuck likes this.
  9. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Prequels? Are they doing the ‘Dunk & Egg’ graphic novel series?

10. alexpop

Not using the original cast as the prequel is set 100 years in the past.

11. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Maybe this will give the books a chance to catch up.

Maybe.

12. alexpop

No digital code with my BD.
    Quite a few complaints.

13. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Seventh season is least favorite for me. Lots of eye candy, but the storyline went silly.

Maybe it was necessary to bring all the loose threads headed toward a conclusion. Maybe also GRRM's inability to do similar means the books may never get done.

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  14. alexpop

End was a bit titillating, rushed.

Storyline. Yeah I gasped at "it's Uncle Benjen"definitely a wt scene. But welcome if your Jon Snow and surrounded by the army of the dead.:)
    Media :BD.. fancy packaging, no doubt to make up for the fact there was less content ( 3 Discs).

15. alexpop

Believe season 7 was shot in 4K.
    Maybe when series 8 is finished they'll be a 4K complete box( or thereabouts).

16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Season VIII news - no episodes in 2018.

Game of Thrones Season 8 Is Officially Not Premiering Until Next Year

Yes, HBO has formally confirmed that the next and final season of Game of Throneswill bow sometime in 2019—something we had a feeling would happen, though it has not been set in stone until now. Still, there’s plenty to get excited about as the new season comes together—for instance, the impressive roster of writers and directors set to return.

The network reiterated Thursday that Thrones co-creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will co-direct their first episode since Season 4, while beloved battle director Miguel Sapochnik and gut-wrencher extraordinaire David Nutter—who directed moments including Cersei’s “shame” walk and the Red Wedding—will both also return. The writing staff for Season 8 is equally promising, with Bryan Cogman and Dave Hill both on board alongside Benioff and Weiss. Cogman, who has contributed to the show since its first season, was the scribe behind such favorites as Season 3’s “Kissed by Fire”; as V.F.’s Joanna Robinson previously noted, come Season 8, Cogman will be the only writer to have contributed to every chapter of the Thrones saga.

Ed Hughes and Chris from Chicago like this.
  17. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

I read that some or all of the episodes will be feature-length.

Scope J likes this.
  18. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

2019 seems so far away. :cry:

19. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I'd like that....

20. alexpop

Means the physical media won't be out till the end of 2019, just under two years.

21. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Thinking about buying season 7 blu-ray (I already have season 1-6). It is somewhat confusing. Is it worth it to get the bonus disc, or is that really a one-and-done thing? I think the bonus disc has some 45-minutes history of GoT or something to that effect. I must admit to be bewildered by the complex plot of the entire series -- having watched it sporadically over years. What is your opinion on the value of the bonus disc?

22. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

I liked it. But then I'm a GoT addict. The bonus disc covers how the Targariens(sp?) first conquered Westoros.
    You might find it interesting but it covers events well before the current TV series.
    If you like this series I would suggest re-watching from the beginning as the more you watch the more you pick up on things you might have missed and things will make more sense. This is not a series to watch casually there's a lot going on but it is well worth it. I absolutely love this series.

vince likes this.
  23. alexpop

Game Of Thrones season 8
    final season
    speculation thread ?

24. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

A costume drama on HBO? It’ll be ended abruptly with no resolution (ex. Rome, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire)

Ed Hughes and GodShifter like this.
  25. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I know I say this over and over, but.....
    There are so many characters who are gonna have to get to know and trust each other, and others who will reunite after years of not seeing each other, that I don't see how they couldn't have stretched the season to a full 10 eps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.