MARVEL'S Punisher - Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Basically true, although towards the end of the season, you get poignant boinking. :laugh:

Vidiot and Wounded Land like this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I must've missed the boinking scenes. Maybe I dozed off.

3. I think they were important because of the lead up to them being really on opposite sides.

4. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

Probably, because they were hard to miss otherwise! Totally gratuitous...

5. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Uneven. The script could have been better. Also to much meaningless and disgusting violence. If I wanna see that ****, I can rewatch Saw (which I don't)

6. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Well that’s The Punisher for you.

Ethan B, Vidiot and marmalade166 like this.
  7. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

Just finished episode 3 of The Sinner on Netflix. This is excellent stuff.

Encuentro, Ethan B and marmalade166 like this.
  8. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

I know this is a Punisher thread but God yes, The Sinner was bloody amazing with absolutely top drawer acting

Encuentro likes this.
  9. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Finally got around to finishing the series. It was alright, not something I'll ever re-visit but it occurs to me that I wouldn't re-watch ANY of the Netflix original series! Although I'll probably watch GLOW again somewhere down the line. Jon Bernthal is a force of nature, the writing on this show should be better suited to his talent. That said, the ultra violent climax is probably a big hit with the kids and I have no doubt we'll be seeing more in the future.

10. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Enjoyed this series very much.

11. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

HAHA....Sorry about that!! Looks like I made my comment on the wrong thread! Glad to know you enjoyed it though!

marmalade166 likes this.
  12. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds Thread Starter

Have only seen 2 episodes but so far it's really good, imo.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

marmalade166 likes this.
  14. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Punisher is pretty good, I’m about halfway through. Could not get through one episode of IronFist, and only made it a few episodes of daredevil before bailing on those.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Just made it through the final episode of Punisher, and my biggest complaint is that they dragged out the last couple of hours of story and strung it across 5 hours. The whole 13-hour show could've easily been compressed to 8 hours.

But I think the violence served the story, and the overall approach was pretty good. There's a ton of the usual cliches and stuff, but if you can overlook that, it's an entertaining show (albeit with the most extreme bloodshed and torture I've ever seen on TV).

GentleSenator and Shawn like this.
  16. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds Thread Starter

Episode 7 is next for us. I agree, even at this point some episodes seem to have a lot of filler. Lots of dialogue that does little to move the plot forward. Still, we're fans.

Vidiot likes this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

agree with you 100%

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

In that final fight scene, I would've played Annie Lennox' "Walking On Broken Glass" as background music. :eek:

GentleSenator likes this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

even THAT part went on too long though.

Vidiot likes this.
  20. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I enjoyed it. Looking forward to "Jigsaw" in Season 2.

21. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

As much as I love them, that's pretty much true for every Marvel TV series (including Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.). It doesn't even really make sense for a Netflix show - it's not like they have to fill out a a "calendar" with new episodes each week for a set amount of weeks. They're designed to be binge-watched. Why make that experience less pleasant for the viewer by having it creep along at such a slow pace? Reduce the number of episodes and reduce your budget. Or use those savings elsewhere (effects, actors, etc.).

budwhite, GentleSenator and Vidiot like this.
  22. simonux

simonux Custom Title

Season 2 streaming on netflix today

23. It’s actually started on Friday.

I finished season two and I thought it’s as a great season. Obviously really violent but what would you expect with a show called the Punisher. Several overlapping arcs and the entire cast is great.

Spoiler : Jigsaw isn’t so scary looking. He’s been fixed sort of, which is probably best based on the storyline.

24. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I watched the finale of the 2nd season of Daredevil and decided to follow it with the 1st ep. of season 2 of the Punisher. It was so slow I couldn't finish it, what a bore! Guess I'll re-visit it somewhere down the road, for now, it gets thrown into the superhero dumpster with all the other shows I haven't watched like Luke Cage and his girlfriend!;)

25. Season 2 was a bore ? Didn’t see that all all in in ep 1.

R. Cat Conrad and marmalade166 like this.