Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Forum Resident

Yeah this could work especially if they fade out You Never Give Me Your Money & fade in on Sun King during the chimes/cricket sound effects. Hell I'd be happy with any format of Abbey Road if it's AAA.

Anyway, I'm definitely getting & looking forward to Bridge. Might get Blood & What's Going On. I have the Mofi 33 for both & they sound pretty great imo(especially Dylan) but seeing as these are two of my favorite albums of all time I might just do it. Haven't gotten a one step yet as i didn't love any of the albums released so far enough to buy it, so Bridge will be my first.

NorthNY Mark likes this.
  2. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I'm curious, are the Pink Floyd's DSOTM Quad mixes original tapes still useable, not lost or destroyed? Alan Parson mixed the quad mixes, I think that's right. Are they stored at Abbey Road or EMI? Sure would be a treat if AF and Steve could do quad, 5.1 surround Sacd of this lp. I'm sure it would outshine the rest of this issue.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Nah, Immersion box has all we need.

4. Myke

I'm playing my copy now, and found my comments here to still be accurate : Pink Floyd dark side of the moon stereo vs qaud mix

kronning likes this.
  5. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

Wouldn't hurt sales if they sell out.

6. FashionBoy

FashionBoy Forum Resident

Totally understand your point, I'm in Canada where it is also fairly expensive with the exchange rate & the high cost of shipping outside of USA.

Wow I had no idea a NM was that expensive! Nuts! Would love to hear one of those pressings. The Wally cut US pressing didn't impress me.

Well we were lucky to get the Beatles in Mono box which is wonderful and AAA of course. But you're right about the Floyd and the stereo Beatles catalog, very disappointing no one can get a licence or at least work in tandem to get some AAA releases here — if anyone could I imagine it would be Chad with his connections to the Floyd and the Beatles. Or MoFi with these limited licences for high fidelity pressings. Or even if we could get re-presses of some of the Classic Records titles like Zeppelin and Miles KOB @ 45 RPM that would be fantastic.

AnalogJ likes this.
  7. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Wouldnt it be a pisser if BOTW is the one that doesnt get done...:disgust:

8. Myke

Why would you think that ?

9. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

My theory: Blood On The Tracks will get cut. Why? Because the next Bootleg Series will be Blood On The Tracks*.
    They wont want competition and over exposure.

* Note I have no idea if the next Bootleg Series is Blood On The Tracks.

nfmboss666 likes this.
  10. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

I heard / read something similar - - anybody "in the know" regarding this?

11. Myke

12. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

13. teag

teag Forum Resident

Ultradisc? Is that the 1Step?

14. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Ultradisc One-Step...its in the title of the thread...

15. kcjayhawk

kcjayhawk Forum Resident

BTW

Just got a notice from Soundstage Direct that they had Abraxas back in stock for $99. Just ordered!

Cool, Merry Chiristmas to me...

16. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

Really hate I slept in this morning and missed it!

kcjayhawk likes this.
  17. robd2

robd2 Well-Known Member

Dam you Jayhawk! I must have been just 2mins slower than you! Were you able to order online?

18. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

The listing does say "Temporarily out of stock". Perhaps you want to put yourself on their list to be notified?

19. bt1098

bt1098 Forum Resident

I got the email too. Ordered at 0928. What a gift!

kcjayhawk likes this.
  20. kcjayhawk

kcjayhawk Forum Resident

I was able to order online. Just about 20 minutes ago they still had stock but just noticed they dont anymore. Hopefully some others on here got what they had left.....

21. robd2

robd2 Well-Known Member

Congrats guys! What a Christmas gift...

kcjayhawk likes this.
  22. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Damn! Just saw and tried to order. Gone already.

I really want this title. Seriously bummed.

23. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

Same here, I really wish people wouldn't have bought the titles from resellers for the price they were asking. It would be easier justifying to buy one at 300 other than 550.

24. kcjayhawk

kcjayhawk Forum Resident

Hopefully the keepers are the ones that got these last ones. Wont see mine up for sale anywhere...

Back to the new release One Step discussions. Have enjoyed the thread, all 289 pages!

25. kcjayhawk

kcjayhawk Forum Resident

UPDATE:::

From the too good to be true department...

Soundstage had a software error.... there are no Abraxas One Steps available. What a shame. They called personally and let me know. They handled it with class in a bad situation....

Sorry, dont mean to be the grinch for those that ordered. For those that missed it, you are laughing out loud. As am I....