Judas Priest re-issues?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wpjs, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Metalrob

Metalrob Forum Resident

Any more comments on these reissues.:)

patient_ot likes this.
  2. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

That probably explains the "m" inscription in the deadwax on the two I bought (BS and PoE).

Metalrob likes this.
  3. Metalrob

Metalrob Forum Resident

What is your thoughts about these (BS and POE)? Sound quality?compared to originals?

4. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Ok, my replacement of Sin After Sin arrived today. My first copy was dished and loaded with non-fill.

I mentioned that I thought it sounded a bit dull and lifeless. I take this back. I think my first pressing was so bad I was not really hearing it properly. Dull and lifeless does not apply here. It is however cut real low and needs a good cranking to get it to bloom. My only complaint is that it is a bit bass shy, but I do not recall any originals sounding punchy - in fact, I recall them sounding quite bad.

Recommended.

JQ

BDC, metalrules, Pouchkine and 2 others like this.
  5. Metalrob

Metalrob Forum Resident

Thanks for the info Johnny q!

johnny q likes this.
  6. cageyc

cageyc Forum Resident

Amazon US has POE on sale for $11.00 and change right now. Worth a try at that price point, so just ordered: if it's solid, I'll snag the rest later.

metalrules and Metalrob like this.
  7. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Any impressions on AoR so far?

theshape and Metalrob like this.
  8. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Yea. The cover and vinyl look nice! Lol.

Seriously though, i haven't had a chance to listen yet. I received that one along with Screaming for Vengeance, Point of Entry and The X-Factor by Iron Maiden this past week. I've just been to busy to enjoy any records. :)

DoF likes this.
  9. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Okay, listening to LP1 of Angel of Retribution now. I'm enjoying the sound of this more than the cd edition. To my ears, everything sounds more natural. The drum & bass intro to Worth Fighting For was just filling my house, and as much as I've always enjoyed that on cd, it has never sounded as good as it did just a little bit ago. Pretty awesome! Always have loved this album. \m/

DiabloG, DoF, Metalrob and 1 other person like this.
  10. Metalrob

Metalrob Forum Resident

Thanks! Let us know your thoughts on" Screaming" and "Point" also.

11. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

I listened to Screaming for Vengeance right after, and i enjoyed it as well. So far, I'm digging these reissues!

Metalrob and Pouchkine like this.
  12. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

Not directly related, but has anyone heard this reissue of Sad Wings of Destiny? I have an old vinyl of SWoD and it's terrible, just wondering if anything beats the '90s Repertoire CD release.

patient_ot likes this.
  13. DoF

DoF Less is more...

I am getting AoR and BS on Christmas :)

johnny q, Metalrob and theshape like this.
  14. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Great news!

15. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Which vinyl pressing do u have.....I have a Janus pressing and it sounds killer. I also have an Attic Canadian pressing and it sounds nothing like the Janus pressing (Attic pressing very tinny sounding)...but NOTHING seems to beat the Repertoire CD release

The Slipperman likes this.
  16. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Ok....so I have the new Painkiller,Unleashed and Killing Machine reissues. I have to say I am EXTREMELY impressed with these. Full bodied sounding and not harsh. My ONLY complaint is that the very last song on Painkiller (One Shot At Glory) sounds brickwalled...almost distorted and crackly. Not sure if it’s just MY copy or if anyone else has noticed this. The rest sounds so good I am willing to let this one imperfection slide.

Mat86, Metalrob and DoF like this.
  17. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

Good to know. It's rare that I ever play vinyl these days, but I'm probably gonna pick up Angel just to have a non-brickwalled version.

Metalrob and theshape like this.
  18. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

So far I've listened to BS and POE and I'm happy with the sound and pressing quality of these reissues. I don't have the original pressings of these albums to compare but these reissues sound fine and it is nice having clean pressings of these albums. I'm the process in ordering the other reissues.

Metalrob, DoF and patient_ot like this.
  19. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I want Santa to bring me AoR

DiabloG and DoF like this.
  20. DoF

DoF Less is more...

21. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Hell Yeah

DoF likes this.
  22. Emperor5353

Emperor5353 Forum Resident

I bought (reluctantly) POE since it's my fave Priest lp...have to say I am quite pleasantly surprised with the SQ..plus, my vinyl is dead silent..it seems these were done with some care..I will be picking up more of these

23. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

POE deserves more love IMO

24. David-Shea

David-Shea Toastmaster General

Did Ram it Down ever get released???

25. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

These reissues are what’s on amazon correct