Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

may have said this already, but: shame on me for not getting icky thump earlier. the sound on this is monstrous. i was waiting for my needle to jump out of the groove on first listen.

2. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I just get ignored by most corpses... ;)

latheofheaven and Electric like this.
  3. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Initially hesitated but saw it was still that price last night, so I pulled the trigger.
    Initially hesitated but saw it was still that price last night, so I pulled the trigger. Normally I would prefer OG pressings to new ones, but for $10, all analog it should be a nice upgrade to my VG 1979 repress.

4. 8tracks

8tracks Forum Addict

I will respectfully disagree regarding the subiliance, but agree about overall complaints of the sound of that album. I have an AT95e on a Pioneer PL 518. I know many consider this entry level gear and that's fine. I love it.

Here's what I experienced:

I own an original Ardent promo copy. No irritating subiliance. The vinyl is EX but the cover is VG- at best, which has me wanting an inexpensive reissue:
    [​IMG]

Then I bought...
    2009 Concord Copy #1: Harsh subiliance on both sides.

2009 Conord Copy #2: An enjoyable Side 1 with no intolerable subiliance. Side 2 was pressed off center.

2009 Concord Copy #3: Hash subiliance on both sides.

Concord Copy #2 demonstrates this cut can sound good to me on my equipment.

I think I'll try my luck with a United pressing the next time the prices drops on Amazon.

Shawn and latheofheaven like this.
  5. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

OK based on yours and johnnypaddocks' glowing reviews, I went ahead and grabbed this

GentleSenator and johnnypaddock like this.
  6. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Now, that's just not right...:shake:

imarcq likes this.
  7. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Actually, no, there's another way. Compare the UPC from the Hoffman / Gray via Discogs, to what Amazon is offering. 093624995906

superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  10. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Probably a stupid question but where in the Amazon listing do I find the UPC? If I already have the UPC from Discogs I can search amazon with that to bring it up, but I can’t for the life of me figure out where the UPC is if I start off on Amazon.

11. Myke

Not stupid at all. Simply paste it in the search box. This has never let me down yet.

12. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I don’t think I explained my question properly. If I first find a title I’m interested on Amazon, where do I find the UPC in the Amazon listing for that title to then take that to Discogs to check the pressing info?

13. Myke

Amazon doesn't show UPC. You need to find the version you desire on Discogs, then apply the corresponding UPC to Amazon, Bull Moose, etc. to find that desired version.

The opposite of how you're trying.

14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Ah thanks I’ve never been able to find upc on Amazon didn’t think of doing the reverse

But I did look on Discogs and all the versions list kg/sh

15. marcb

marcb Senior Member

No...you can filter it once you click on “view all reviews” (or whatever it is). You’ll see a filter for several parameters including format and you can select, say, vinyl to see only reviews for the vinyl version.

16. Myke

I only find 4 out of 28, when I enter HOFFMAN in the Find Your Version search box.

17. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Yup, which is correct since there are 4 vinyl versions minus the deluxe box and the test press all of them are kg/hoffman and upc matches to amazon

18. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I was confused about the UPC thing too. Rather than searching a UPC on Amazon, I started from the other side. I entered ASIN# in Amazon listings into Google. I found it usually cross-referenced to a UPC.

My 40-watt brain: "Well WTF is an 'ASIN' then?"

Google search: " WTF is an ASIN?" (or something like that)

"ASIN stands for Amazon Standard Identification Number. It's a 10-charcter alphanumeric unique identifier that's assigned by Amazon.com and its partners. It's used for product-identification within Amazon.com organization."

I also found this cross reference tool:
    Barcode Robot: ASIN to EAN/UPC/ISBN converter

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    slipkid likes this.
  19. latheofheaven

20. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Occam's Razor salutes you.

21. imarcq

It probably makes sense to buy quickly when you see a good deal. THEN you can check out if it's what you want THEN if it isn't cancel asap. Amazon won't charge and you don't either miss out or get landed with the item you're unsure of. :)

22. imarcq

Dead right. ;)

23. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Amazon Japan shows the UPC in product listings. Copy/paste the ASIN from amazon.com into the search box at amazon.co.jp, and then find the JAN in the product details. (JAN is the 14-digit Japanese version of the 12-digit UPC or 13-digit European EAN. You may have to drop one or two leading zero digits.)

superstar19 likes this.
  24. latheofheaven

Yep, learned that this time! :agree:

25. latheofheaven

[​IMG]