Survivor Season 35: Heroes Vs. Healers Vs. Hustlers

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trem two

trem two Forum Resident

Deus ex machina.:cussing:

2. John54

John54 Senior Member

Chrissy was certainly not a person who was no threat to win immunity.

I don't get it. You guys must have been watching a different series from me. There was not the slightest unlikeable or fake thing about Chrissy that I saw, from Day 1. Sure, she schemed a bit, but who doesn't who's any good at the game?

Texastoyz, Tree of Life, Kyhl and 2 others like this.
  3. John54

John54 Senior Member

I don't think this matters. If they did want Ben to win, there is no downside to introducing the special-advantage-that-wasn't for the winner. If Ben wins the immunity, he gets to make the pick and the other two try to make fire. No problem.

I don't really think they would change the rules to favour a player though, because it would be like the '50s scandals and there would be hell to pay.

4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

scheming and vindictiveness are 2 completely different things.

she schemed in the beginning by getting people to vote roark instead of her, but her attitude towards ben the last couple of weeks was downright vindictive. she knew she would never ever beat him in the final 3, and turned into all out greed for the money.

to sit next him and hold his hand like she did was disgusting. i just hope, in his mind, he knew what she was about and he was just playing nice to the TV.

5. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

To me, Chrissy came off as an intelligent, very strong, articulate woman. I would have liked to see her win.

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

:doh:

7. John54

John54 Senior Member

All of this has been seen in practically every season of Survivor.

Kyhl and Scotian like this.
  8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

but not with as much open phoniness toward the person of interest.

rob didn't like russell hantz, but he was open about it, he certainly didn't sit next to him with his hand his knee like that wench chrissy did to ben.

rburly likes this.
  9. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

Ben had an alliance with Chrissy and other players before he bailed on her and formed an alliance with Lauren, Devon, and Ashley during a reward. Ben acted as if he was still in Chrissy's alliance and was reporting intel on what Chrissy and Ryan were up to. You don't think that would piss her off? Wasn't Ben being a phony when he was trying to be nice to her and asked her if there was any way she would keep him in the game? As far as the hand holding at the reunion show, most players resolve their differences with each other after the game.

I agree with the other poster that some of you must have watched a different show. Just like another member said earlier "To me, Chrissy came off as an intelligent, very strong, articulate woman".

Texastoyz, Tree of Life, Kyhl and 2 others like this.
  10. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I don't think Litigation even comes into play...YOU as a contestant KNOW what your signing up for..Hell some people wait 10 years to get on the show and I believe they would sign a deal with the Devil if it got them on air.

I agree. For the people saying Chrissy didn't deserve it blows my mind!

A 40 something woman dominating THREE MEN, winning 4 0r 5 immunity challenges at her age is incredible and told me those last three didn't deserve a bowl of pudding for how weak they looked!

And Then coming up with this fire challenge at the end..I call BS! on that. Probst & Survivor gave another PITY Party for someone they clearly wanted to win. All these Idols, secret clue BS has got to GO!

Ben playing the "I have PTSD, My wife saved me, I'm gonna help other vet's who have PTSD if I win...GOD I hate Pity Parties.

Such a JOKE that a Veteran, and two other YOUNG men couldn't beat a 45 year old woman in challenges...LOL ..them three lost their Man Card on this show although I don't think Ryan ever had one.

11. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I wish I could like your post @Tree of Life but it kind of when off the rails at the end.

I don't understand the dislike for Chrissy either. Ben was the one that called the shots. It was his way or the highway. There are a few times where Chrissy wanted to vote for someone and tried to plead her case only to follow along with Ben's plans to avoid alienating herself. I honestly think there are people in these threads that take the game more seriously than the contestants.

The scene where Ben freaks because of the popping fire was moving. It is real and has been known for centuries. In the 18th century it was known as "nostalgia" among soldiers. Later referred to as Soldiers Heart.
    By WWI it was called Shell Shock.
    WWII it was called Battle Fatigue.
    1980 to current it is known as PTSD.

One thing about this game is that the challenges always start out physical and move to mental challenges towards the end of the season. I think that is where Ben failed and Chrissy shined, plus her social game was better.

In the end, I was disappointed that Devon did not make the final three. IMO he was more likable than Ben, played a good social game, competed through the season, and made some moves. I'm curious if Devon had won the fire making challenge if he would have won the season.

Tree of Life likes this.
  12. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Of course he was. (likable)

Yes, and it grew tiresome and and had that "feel sorry for me please effect".

Your quoting "Shell Shock", "Battle Fatigue" & "Ptsd" like it's part of the show. It's irrelevant & shouldn't even be mentioned or put into play....

No one deserved it more than Chrissy

A 45 year old woman dominating 2 men & one chicken

13. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Survivor loves to have a cause. This year was the first time I noticed that every time Ben started talking about being a veteran, the music changed suddenly to violins. The Voice or American Idol does the same thing when they start telling someone's difficulties or hardships. It's the modern version of the flashing "please applaud" sign only now it's "please cry".

Tree of Life and asdf35 like this.
  14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

same thing a couple of seasons ago with the guy who cried at final tribal about his kids.......bad bad bad TV.

Tree of Life likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.