Un-Grateful Thread - What Are You Listening to Instead of the Dead?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tom H, Sep 24, 2014.

1. dgwint

dgwint Forum Resident

Is this a compact disc release only? Has anyone seen any mention of downloads?

2. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

No mention of downloads that I'm aware of.

3. dgwint

dgwint Forum Resident

:(

4. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Forum Resident

5. Jim Walker

Jim Walker Senior Member

6. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

7. Jim Walker

Jim Walker Senior Member

The O' Mercy and soundtrack picks on disc one
    from the Tell Tale Bootleg Series.

[​IMG]

8. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

Steve Tibbett's- Acoustibbetts

9. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

10. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Another lazy day blu-ray, my my, hey hey.

11. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

12. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

This album is so underrated. Liam was on top of his vocal game at the time of this release.

[​IMG]

Crispy Rob, rockinlazys and Olompali like this.
  13. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

14. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Man, I haven't drunk a good icy Coca-Cola in years. My stomach is not suitable for it anymore. It was the only liquid that entered my body for years. Not a very healthy thing to do. I must admit I miss it
    Oh, and a nice album, by the way.

maui jim and Erik B. like this.
  15. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

one of my vices, which I indulge in less and less these days, is an Ice Cold Cherry Coca-Cola. Medical experts say that drinking coke is worse than smoking cigarettes. I have found no expert opinion on whether drinking coke is worse than snorting coke.

16. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Cherry Coke was rejected by the Argentine consumer (twice, in fact), so we haven't had that type since the 90's.

wavethatflag and Erik B. like this.
  17. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

mierde. Es lo mejor!

18. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

[​IMG]
    Listen Now, by 801.

19. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I liked it, not as much as una clásica Coca helada, of course, but it was nice.
    Wasn't this a music forum? :D

Erik B. likes this.
  20. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

At least we haven't gone off on a sports and/or beer tangent in quite a while.

rockinlazys and Erik B. like this.
  21. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

speaking of which I still have a six pack or so of Ballast Point Grapefruit/Pineapple Sculpin in my fridge

:thumbsup:

maui jim, Crispy Rob and budwhite like this.
  22. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

If I posted that I was listening to Phish YEMSG couch tour, would that qualify for this thread ?

Crispy Rob, johnnypaddock and adamos like this.
  23. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

24. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

So I just spent the evening watching the Ole Ole Ole documentary and the last 2 hours standing up with my acoustic guitar playing along as I watched the Rolling Stones Havana Moon show.

Holy crap that was a great gig! And as a major music dvd viewer, that was the best concert video I've seen in ages.

The direction, or whatever you would call it, was perfect. I was dreading it being a "crowd shot hell" but it wasn't at all. Just the occasional nice insertion.

Also, the rapid-cut editing that ruined Paul McCartney's The Space Within Us was totally absent! What a breath of fresh air!

In threads on this board I've given the band crap for the "stale" setlists on the last few tours, but dang I put my foot in my mouth because the performance was so enjoyable I can't criticize the show based on just the setlist.

My ONLY complaint is that FIVE songs are cut from the show for no reason at all and relegated to the Bonus Songs menu. WTF?

I just skipped back and forth between the main menu and the concert and watched it in order. Screw that noise.

Really, I can't help but wish Havana Moon and Ole Ole Ole were a 2 disc set together. The show on one disc, the documentary on the other. They are "linked" and there's no reason to have one without the other. The whole "story arc" of Ole Ole Ole is about the tour leading up the the grand finale in Havana! Missed opportunity for sure.

Other than that, this was definitely the best Stones dvd I've watched in a long time. Small-if valid- complaints that matter that much less when you realize how choice the contents are. Just fantastic.

Also, Sasha Allen.... :love::love::love:

25. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident