Star Wars: Rebels

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone interested in watching this upcoming show? It takes place between episodes III and IV. It looks pretty interesting.

"The series takes place between Episodes III and IV. By this time, Order 66 has been executed and the Empire's search for the last of the Jedi Knights is in full effect. The events seen in the show take place closer to A New Hope in the Star Wars timeline. However, if you stay tuned, you may be in for some surprises...."
    ―Athena Portillo, Star Wars Insider 146[src]
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    Luke The Drifter likes this.
  2. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

Here's a little teaser trailer that doesn't really offer much.

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  3. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

More than slightly interested. This will be must see T.V.

Will they tell me what happened to Snips?

ianuaditis likes this.
  4. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

Disney & Lucasfilms dumped the mostly excellent "Clone Wars" series for this? Yes, I'll be watching it-Player 1 buying in...

5. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Just picked up Season 1 on DVD.

6. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Season 2 is being released on DVD/BR on August 30th! :)

lambfan68 likes this.
  7. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

With all the Star Wars fans around here, how is there not more discussion about this great show?

I'm watching Season 2 right now.... :)

8. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

My son and I watch this together.

9. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

The 3rd season (in 2 weeks) looks great!

10. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

I picked this up in season 3, trying to get my kids into Star Wars. I watched several of those before discovering I have the entire series On Demand.

I watched the opening 'movie' and the first few episodes, it's really well done. My kids are not into it yet, but I got my sons to sit through one episode, which is progress.

So far what I like is how it maintains the 'small group against the world' vibe of the original while at the same time drawing in more of the backstory, the different alien races etc.

Watching the Clone Wars made me appreciate the prequel trilogies more (because Anakin wasn't such a weiner, for one thing, this one seems to be doing the same for the backstory of the original trilogy.

11. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Is everyone too busy whining about The Last Jedi to discuss this show? :p
    I've enjoyed the first couple seasons and just picked up Season 3.

ianuaditis likes this.
  12. ianuaditis

I just started watching episode 1 of season 1 for the third time around last night, I've really enjoyed it.

I especially enjoy all of the Jedi/Force stuff, it's a major aspect of the show.

Twilight of the Apprentice, the season 2 finale, is something every Star Wars fan should see.

Season 3 is kind of expansive. Some reviewers seemed to think some of the episodes were throwaways, but I like how even on what seem to be one-off or tangential adventures they are still building the overall story arc.

Gizmodo has some informative articles on it, though I don't agree with all of their perspectives:
    (also watch out for spoilers - this article is about the season 2 finale)

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-producer-of-star-wars-rebels-answers-your-burning-q-1768048083

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  13. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

Can't wait until it comes back for the second half of season 4. It is my favorite Star Wars thing at the moment. I'll be very sorry to see it go.

ianuaditis likes this.
  14. ianuaditis

It looks like the final few episodes will start airing on either february 24 or March 10, depending on which of these articles is correct.

I'm excited, and hope my cable gets the rest of the series back on On Demand as a warm up. (I've watched all the Season 4 episodes a bunch of times now as that's still available.)

More 'Star Wars Rebels' Episode Details Emerge, Trailer Possibly Debuting Soon

Star Wars Rebels actor calls series finale “jaw-dropping”

(lol at 'dork side of the force.' Is there a non-dork side? )

15. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

The trailer for the second half of the season was released today. Episodes start up again on February 19th.

ianuaditis likes this.
  16. ianuaditis

Nice, the articles I linked last night said people had the dates wrong. Glad the correction meant episodes would come sooner rather than later.

Trailer looks pretty cool, I can't wait!

Looks like Ian Mcdiarmaid will reprise his role, which is fairly unusual for the animated shows.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  17. ianuaditis

My kids were watching disney channel earlier and they played the trailer. So now the older two are getting psyched for it too.

18. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

Of all the current programmes I watch, this is the one I'm looking forward to the most. I'm 46. It might be part nostalgia and I like, movie wise, 4-6 & R1 but couldn't care less about 1-3 or 7-8. Some of the cameos have been a bit gratuitous, except the last one.

19. ianuaditis

Which one are you referring to as not gratuitous? Lando was the one that didn't do much for me, most of the others I thought were good. (Leia for instance, it depicts her activity helping out the Rebellion under the guise of one her 'mercy missions' that Vader refers to in Episode 4.

20. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

Not sure who hasn't seen it, but [SPOILER!!] Ben. Lando was a particularly lame.

ianuaditis likes this.
  21. ianuaditis

I just remembered that Lando's cameo set up Ezra calling himself Lando as an alias for the rest of the series, which I thought was pretty hilarious.

A couple more days until new episodes! I'm getting hyped up for it.

22. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Funny moment in Season 3.... "darn sand, it gets everywhere!" :D

ianuaditis likes this.
  23. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

Rebels are we
    Born to be free
    Like the fish in the sea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.