Fargo FX Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Wow!, binged So3 in two days, wild!

alexpop and Al Smith like this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

It is a goodie. :)

Scope J likes this.
  3. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

I found Season 3 amazing, especially the side plot with the Science Fiction writer and how it all hung together - that's what I love about this show in general, all the tiny things that work out so well and often contain references to earlier moments of the show - attention and re-watches pay off on this one!

4. alexpop

Yeah ..got series one.
    Thought it was a nautical pirate series.
    Just finished disc one, and it's all land based. Guess it's popularity is the nudity angle. Nothing authentic like Vikings, or better story related like Outlander.

Lonson likes this.
  5. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Actually as far as I can tell through research it IS historically accurate in overall story arc, probably more so than Vikings, with fictional characters introduced by Robert Louis Stevenson mixed with real persons of the time pivotal in the history. And there's plenty of sea adventure in this to come from that point forward . . . but a lot of the history of piracy in Nassau etc. was a land-based story. It's one of my favorite series of this decade.

alexpop likes this.
  6. alexpop

Looking meh to me so far. I guess there's the eye candy. Season 2/3 are supposed to be better. I've not had much luck with the past 3 series I've watched, the other two being Westworld & The Son.

7. Lonson

We're all different. The eye candy isn't what draws me. . .Black Sails and WestWorld were among the best seasons I've watched this year.

8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Um, where is the eye candy in Season 1?
    Kate Walsh is the only one I can think of

9. Lonson

Alex and I were referring to the eye candy in Black Sails, first few episodes of the first season.

alexpop likes this.
  10. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

12. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

My DVR recorded season 3 re-runs. So, of course ,I am rewatching. I do what my DVR tells me to do.

Chris from Chicago and JimW like this.
  13. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

I rewatch Season 1 and Season 2 a lot.

I just can't get enough. Season 2 is just incredible. The tone, the era, all of the elements work like nothing I've ever seen on TV.

And I uncover another layer or reference I hadn't caught before.

Last week started Season 2 at beginning of Episode 6...

But now back to Episode 4 since I watch the first three again last night..

Jeff

14. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

We gotta wait two more years for season 4?!?! That first show better make me float two feet off the ground or I'm going to be ticked.

Ed Hughes likes this.
  15. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

Ya know? Two years? That's, ya know, not right . . . I mean, geez . . . ya just can't, ya know . . . go sayin' . . . I mean, ya can't be saying, I mean tellin' people one thing then, ya know, not doin' what ya said you'd be . . . ya know . . . doin'. It just ain't right's all I'm sayin'. 2020? Geez, ya know . . . I mean . . . ya wait . . . ya think, geez, is the show gonna . . . like . . . be a show or what? Ya just can't be tellin' folks, look here, the show's gone, then back again . . . it just ain't right, ya know?

16. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Yaaaa

dmiller458 likes this.
  17. alexpop

True Detective season 3 slated for 2019, substitute perhaps ?

18. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The craziest story from Fargo is that Jesse Plemons and Kirsten Dunst wound up together and now have a child! Not bad for the nerd from Friday Night Lights and Spidey's girl friend!;)

19. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

And they named the kid Ennis...

20. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

21. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

I am trying to reconcile the opening scene in First Episode of season 3. A german citizen in 1988 being falsely accused of murder. What is the significance? I know they don't come back to it.

chacha likes this.
  22. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

Oh, good...I thought I was the only person who never got the connection between that opener and the rest of Season 3. I'm glad it wasn't painfully obvious.

Maybe it will be revealed in Season 4? <shrug>

23. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Okay... Kafka had a book, The Trial, in which someone was being interrogated by a government official. He did nothing wrong. The government didn't care. He was trapped.

Much like the guy in Kafka's book, they're all trapped. Emmitt in a money laundering scheme. Ray by poor circumstances. And Gloria by automatic doors that won't open.

Now... in a separate thought...

In the opening scene the German man thinks the guy being interrogated was named Yuri Gurka. Who is in fact one of Varga's henchmen later in the story. In episode 8, it is revealed that Yuri is the one who killed a woman named Helga...a murder the guy in the opening scene was being framed for.

rufus t firefly, chacha and Borgia like this.
  24. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Nicely done!

Chris from Chicago likes this.