X-files reboot?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mirrorblade.1, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yep she did in some of the episodes, in others she sounded fine. Perhaps doing British accents is taking a toll on her voice. ;)

Encuentro likes this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No, I noticed it in last year's series as well. She's got a major case of vocal fry.

3. Yep. Strangely, when she does her British accent it's not as noticeable.

MikaelaArsenault and Encuentro like this.
  4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Normally I can't stand "vocal fry", but in her case it doesn't seem to bother me... can't imagine why. ;)

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

She looks great (thanks to a lot of post magic), but the hoarse voice bothers me. Vocal training could help a lot of that.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

A second promo is now up and her voice still sounds terrible:

MikaelaArsenault and smilin ed like this.
  7. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Nahh, it would still sound awesome calling my name in bed. ;)

MikaelaArsenault and Encuentro like this.
  8. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I agree. I think it sounds kind of sexy. She has that Demi Moore thing happening.

9. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

She's very blunt at the end of that promo. :)

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

cool

11. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I will watch it, out of sheer boredom. I don't expect much improvement.. I
    cling to original series.. as only X-files that exist.

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I wouldn't miss the show -- I think it's hilarious that they found a way to bring the Cigarette Man back.

GentleSenator likes this.
  13. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

Anyone else notice just how little hype and general anticipation there is for this new season, or is it just me? Last year, it was almost a cultural event leading up to the limited series; this time it's pretty much a "meh, it's on mid-week, show up only if you're interested" feeling... one trailer two months ago, no major featurettes or marketing campaign; it's almost as if FOX themselves really aren't that interested, but f*** it, it fills a hole in the schedule, brings in ad dollars, and gives Chris Carter an excuse to leave the house every morning, so whatever...

I've always believed that Carter's initial instincts were absolutely correct with regards the show ending after five full seasons then a movie (or two) to wrap everything up... but I'm happy to concede the second-best option of the series ending after the very underrated and back-to-form Season 8 (which actually had a definite and deliberate finality to it) plus a smaller, more intimate second film (which Carter and the two leads had signed on for back in 1998 anyway) as a nice little coda to M & S's relationship, I was fine with that, but the lamentable Season 9 and it's natural heirs in these new episodes have both unbalanced all that and contributed nothing of substance to the canon.

Old franchises being brought back years after their natural end rarely work... the revived X-Files (and current Star Wars, in my humble opinion) only proves that point.

Again, just my own humble, fallible, and entirely subjective opinion.

14. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Not only that, but he seems to be getting better all the time (i.e. no disfigurement in this new season?).

Vidiot likes this.
  15. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

I'm prepared to wait and see...

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They're all back. I'm guessing an Alien Cloning Factory... (either that or good makeup)

[​IMG]

17. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

That’s the kind of explanation I was hoping for. There is no way that anybody could have survived that missile barrage.

Plan9 likes this.
  18. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Geez... Why don't they bring back Deep Throat, Krycek, and The Lone Gunmen while they're at it? :rolleyes:

MikaelaArsenault and Vidiot like this.
  19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Now, that's a great idea. Or the little kid afflicted by Black Oil Disease (which was never explained). I think it would take Chris Carter 20 episodes just to explain all the things that were never explained in 200+ episodes.

Wes H likes this.
  20. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Well, no. To be completely fair and accurate, the inconsistencies lie with the mythology episodes which make up a very small percentage of the show’s episodes. The vast majority of the episodes, the self-contained episodes, didn’t have this problem, as most of the stories were resolved at the conclusion of each episode.

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The mythology made no sense, nor did the movies, nor did the recent revival. They're all over the place in terms of continuity and consistency, and I'm not the only one pointing this out. The alien mysteries were 33% of the show, and that's a huge chunk.

[SPOILERS] My Struggle: The necessary retcon • r/XFiles

22. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I completely agree regarding the mythology, but you said 200+ episodes needed explanation, which isn’t the case. Each season was approximately 22 episodes. There were approximately 4 to 5 mythology episodes per season. That’s less than 25% of the entire season. More than 75% of the show was devoted to the stand-alone episodes.

23. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I'll watch the premiere but, honestly, only because Lauren Ambrose is in it. If they really wanted me to pay attention, they'd have made her a regular. They have but one shot to get my enthusiasm up her and, if they blow it, I'm just not gonna bother any more.

24. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I’m in for the season but I’m going in with low expectations.

GentleSenator and smilin ed like this.
  25. If Gillian is indeed leaving and not holding out for more money, than it will be interesting to see if they are able to continue the series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.