Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I’d happily take an Oh Mercy set. Love that album.

2. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Alan seems inclined to dismiss it as a hoax elsewhere. The post that started it looks like a gag to me (and not an particularly clever one at that):

“Bob Dylan bootleg series vol XIV: oh gees oh mercy 32 disc completely raw deluxe box to be released October 5th 2018”

bobcat, Percy Song and shadow blaster like this.
  3. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

My 2018 prediction is new album this Spring (May or June) and a live RTR non-BS release this fall to coincide w/ the documentary. Next BLS will be 2019.

4. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

While some version of BOTT / Desire / RTR is the bell that HAS to ring eventually, I absolutely love Oh Mercy and would gladly buy a "Complete Sessions" ("raw" or otherwise) box. On the other hand.....
    .... if this is the original rumor, it does have the whiff of "hoax" to it. Not impossible, though. After all, when a Bootleg Series built around the Self Portrait sessions was first rumored, it was widely dismissed by fans as "impossible." And an Oh Mercy set is actually one of the stated future project by Rolling Stone's Dylan "source," so....

5. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

I bet that a lot of folks wouldn't have picked "Self Portrait" prior to "Another Self Portrait" so "Oh Mercy" makes perfect sense.

6. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

I really really want them to do BOTT obviously, but anyone who has heard an Oh Mercy outtake boot knows there's some incredible material there. I'd happily take it.

7. Moth

Moth fluttering by

I would prefer an Oh Mercy set to a Blood on the Tracks set, but I think 2018 is finally the latter's year. The Scorcese documentary seems like a synergy opportunity too good for a major corporation like Columbia to pass up. But, then again, BOTT has been put on the back burner for the past five or so years, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it happened again. Bob's expressed some negative views on the album in the past, so I wonder if he's had any role in delaying things...

Has there been any recent news about Scorcese's film?

blueslover99 likes this.
  8. subtr

subtr Forum Resident

The longer they leave BoTT, the closer they get to perhaps having to release everything because of the Euro copyright rules. If that's the choice Sony must make, let it sit there for a few more years!

PADYBU, redsock and Percy Song like this.
  9. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

Probably not true... although perhaps there is a delay in the Rolling Thunder doc????

10. tededfred

tededfred Forum Resident

I'll take 17 versions of Ring Them Bells and 23 versions of Man in the Long Black Coat please.

11. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

As much as I love Oh Mercy, they really need to put out the Blood on the Tracks set already.

12. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

It's the "32 discs" bit of the post that makes it unbelievable to me.

On the other hand a 32 disc box of live Rolling Thunder shows, outwith the Bootleg Series and along the lines of The 1966 Live Recordings box, is certainly feasible for this year.

philly67, keef285, redsock and 4 others like this.
  13. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

:drool:

redsock and Percy Song like this.
  14. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident Thread Starter

Agree. Seems hugely unlikely. That said, I’d buy it in an instant.

15. shadow blaster

shadow blaster Forum Resident

I would prefer a new album with original material this year and to wait til 2019 for BS 14. The wealth of archival material we have gotten the past 3 years is staggering (Basement Tapes Complete, Cutting Edge, Live 1966 and now Trouble No More). Not complaining, but I could use another year to digest it properly....

mark ab and 1ifbyrain2ifbytrain like this.
  16. The last 2 Dylan archival releases have been live show based.2018 might be something studio based followed by Rolling Thunder box in 2019.

17. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

I’d prefer 40 red, white and blue shoestrings.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  18. Adam Ryan Watson.

Adam Ryan Watson. Well-Known Member

I would really love a 1989 live box set. Actually a 1988 to 1990 g.e smith era box set is very close to the top of my wishlist

mark ab likes this.
  19. Adam Ryan Watson.

Adam Ryan Watson. Well-Known Member

Seems unlikely that the oh mercy sessions would fill 32 disks. It sound like Someone is taking the piss .

keef285 likes this.
  20. LonesomeDayBlues

The actual quote doesn't necessarily imply that it is the "Oh Mercy" LP sessions (at least my read of it). I think something might be brewing in Dylan's camp... have to release something this year!

21. Terry

Terry Senior Member

I’m interested in Oh, Mercy, although I’d be more interested in Infidels.

DeeThomaz and RonBaker like this.
  22. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

Id like to see the sales of the recent bootlegs self portrait. I wonder how many people are buying this product.

23. LonesomeDayBlues

They must be selling enough to make a profit. At minimum these releases have been giving Dylan some great press. I've purchased every single deluxe box in the series and have zero complaints. Funny thing, Another Self Portrait and Tell Tale Signs are the constant rotation one's for me. Well, Trouble No More hasn't left the turntable since release...

warewolf95, uzn007, DeeThomaz and 3 others like this.
  24. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

There was no Copyright Series edition released in 2017. I think that concept is dead and gone. It was good while it lasted, though most people only have downloads, and no lossless edition of the 1965 concerts ever made it out.

warewolf95 likes this.
  25. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

New special edition, 40 CD set covering two landmark albums.

"Oh Mercy There's Blood on the Tracks"

Cover art

[​IMG]